Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:
Smile No more sposies!

Here is my accountability thread! Just used the last one tonight and I am not buying more! I have a big box of Little Snugglers that someone gave us for Christmas for the baby that I am going to return for store credit to buy something more practical. It won't be easy, my LO is on a formula that makes his poop super gross - I mean I am a mom of 5 boys and it grosses me out. DH said tonight as I brought out the CD to put on "You are a brave woman." And we have hard water and a crappy dryer. But I am sick of being a lazy bum and using paper diapers. I know better! All I have to use on the baby is prefolds and basic white PUL covers but that is ok. I am doing it old school LOL. Cheer me on!

Advertisement

And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

I used a whole box of huggies. I feel dumb I have like 23378 cloth diapers and I used huggies. I agree toddler poop is nasty! Now that I'm pregnant I just want to barf when I change him. And I'm having issues washing also. The pul all smells like poop. I did buy a small pack of Walmart diapers for $6 today for my step mom when she watches him Sat. She's never kept him before so I didn't want to stress her with cloth also.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:39 PM   #3
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: No more sposies!

at least you can wash the heck out of prefolds and not have to worry about elastic going bad! i love ebf poop (wait, did i just say i love poo? ) for how easy it is to wash, but i won't be able to nurse any future babies. i'm already stressing out about formula poop and we're not even TTC yet!
good luck!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #4
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

His poop was pretty normal, similar to EBF until we had to put him on Alimentum for allergies (he started vomitting whole bottles and had red streaks in his diaper). I think overall regular formula poop isn't too bad. I tried out some Earths Best soy last week and it changed his poops for the better, he just didn't like it and stopped eating well so back to Alimentum we went. I might try it again once he's feeling a little better. I think he *might* have a little cold.

Yeah, I love the easy wash of prefolds. I even bleached a stained one today (forgotten about in the wetbag for about 2 weeks ) and its fine!

Still, I really want some fitteds and wool for this babe. Just need to destash that toddler stuff first.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:02 AM   #5
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

That's the best way to do it...just don't have sposies around and you won't use them! You can do it mama! Do you have a diaper sprayer? If the poo is that nasty I can't imagine life without one.

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote