Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: January 2012 Chat Thread

So we need some prayers here! Our FS is been having crazy tantrums! He has temper tantrums of a 2 year old in the body of a big 10 year old! We have them till the 17th but I don't know that we can do it that long! We are worried about our 1 and 2 year old sons!

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #22
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola
We had some good news yesterday! After DFS's mom just kept making herself look stupider and stupider in court, and her a$$ handed to her by DCS's attorney, and then drug tested that night at her visit, she had her attorney call DCS and ask to negotiate an adoption agreement with us! She was acting weird at court, so I wonder if it is going to come back positive.

Bio dad, who had the failed trial home visit last spring/early summer, has really checked out and couldn't care less about him now. But bio mom had another baby, and since it was a different county, she got to keep him at home, and they are closing her case on the new baby (which is a whole other drama filled story, but our judge in our county is incredulous that ANYONE would consider closing that case). However, if they TPR in my case, they can take the baby and she doesn't want to lose him.

So...our attorney is going to negotiate with hers. She has no bargaining power really, since TPR is Feb 29, and she hasn't had a steady job, and is on 2 one-hour supervised visits a month, so I'm not quite sure what she wants to negotiate. We offered 2 two-hour visits a year supervised by us and letters/pictures twice a year. We did stipulate that these are closed visits, and only siblings are allowed to attend, unless she asks in advance and we allow it. There are some other technicalities in there as well, but nothing we are willing to budge on (visits must be within 20 miles of our residence at a public place, cannot occur on his birthday or other major holiday, and she must either text or email to set them up).

So...after 33 months, we are getting seriously close to FINALLY adopting DFS!!!
Woohoo!!!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #23
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
yeah i just wonder what it would like to be a little normal sometimes. whatever that is!
That would be no fun to be normal.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #24
pcjs
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by millermyer2 View Post
So we need some prayers here! Our FS is been having crazy tantrums! He has temper tantrums of a 2 year old in the body of a big 10 year old! We have them till the 17th but I don't know that we can do it that long! We are worried about our 1 and 2 year old sons!
Can they bring in some in-home respite or counseling to help you? If you can't do it, then ask they be removed. Your and your children's safety comes first.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
Believer318
Registered Users

My Mood:

We start our ps-mapp classes tomorrow--very excited!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #26
sillyutalktome
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kristen - That is so exciting! I hope she lets you guys adopt him and the process finishes very quickly!

Laura- I'll be praying for you guys! Does he seem to have any specific triggers? For our boys it was meals, anything that divided my attention like talking on the phone, and bedtime. If you can find a trigger it will help some. Also it will greatly help his next foster parents if you can get that info to them. Don't be afraid to call and ask for help. I had my caseworker out many times to help.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
Msheidiann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Not much in the way of news. unknown dad still hasn't been published on :banghed: so a call to the supervisor will be happening soon :0( I know they are busy and understaffed, but I don't want anything to unnecessarily delay things.

little man is getting SO big! He's progressing well and such a joy. He is 4 months today! wish they would just publish on the unknown and tpr him so we can stop worrying!!! Oh well, in due time.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:02 PM   #28
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well we finally called and had our FS removedfrom our house! We couldn't put our children in harm! We still have our FD(his sister) and she is a sweet little girl! Our house is so much more peaceful!

Last edited by millermyer2; 01-08-2012 at 12:27 PM.
millermyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #29
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im sorry that really sucks! Im glad you are feeling safe now.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #30
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sorry that you had to call, but I'm glad you have some peace.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote