Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: What is your schedule of early prenatal visits?

i went in at 4wks. this confirm pg and do bloodwork...i had lots of spotting (almost af like) and tested to find out i was pg...bleeding kept going over the weekend so i went in on that monday...labs came back ok...but he had me back in two wks...we did dating u/ request to do it early since i was fixing to lose insurance...then at next appt. at 10 wks. they "needed" to do another dating u/s..first one was "alittle early' they we redid it and set the edd..I had big u/s at 20 wks...edd was teh same..around 26 weeks they do blood test again...I have gone every four weeks (sometimes 5 if dr would be out) and will until around 34 wks they see me every two weeks the around 38wks they see me every week...til baby comes

its been about the same for all three babies...give or take depending on how things are going

**Please forgive any typos!!**
Bridget... Married to my bestfriend since '03...
SAHM of 3... Dd1 9/08, dd2 12/10, and ds 4/12
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

with my previous midwives my first visit wasnt until 13 weeks, they would have seen me at 10 but had scheduling issues. and my one and only ultrasound was at 18 weeks!
mama to elijah 08/10 & the sweet baby lost 09/09
... excitedly expecting someone new in October
Elijah'sMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:28 PM   #13
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
My Mood:

The first visit is to fill out paperwork and draw labs, and the second visit will be to see your OB, you may need to have an STD test. It depends on if they do that with bloodwork or if they do a pap for it, but they'll want to do it again. The military is cheap and does the pap. She will probably want to palpate your uterus as well just to see if everything feels OK.
Wife to my Navy doc, SAHM to 4 (11, 8, 5, 1)
Minniebees is offline   Reply With Quote