Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #11
2beauties
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Where did you buy Maternity/Nursing clothes?

One of my friends shopped Forever 21 for Maternity. They have such a variety and stretchy that she pulled it off well!

Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #12
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

H&M has great deals. Motherhood is way overpriced.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum
Old 01-05-2012, 08:06 PM   #13
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What is h&m? Do they have a website?
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #14
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ebay!

If you go into maternity wear > lots, there are people selling groups of maternity clothes, many of them with Old Navy and Motherhood brands. I purchased two lots for under $100 and got about 15-20 items of clothes, mostly dresses and shirts. I filled this out by buying 3 skirts with soft stretchy waistbands, and bought a couple cardigans to throw over the summery tops, and that was my wardrobe. I went with skirts and dresses made out of jersey cause I can easily make them useful for when I'm back to pre-pregnancy weight - either alter them for wear or cut them into wipes/burp clothes.

If you do Old Navy, they have great prices but you get what you pay for. Like many other retailers, their fabrics have gotten thinner. Don't expect long term wear out of their clothes.

At Target, Liz Lange runs large, as does Duo Maternity. Motherhood is all over the place. I have two identical shirts; one is tight, one fits perfect. JcPenney always has maternity basic tees on sale that are pretty good quality.

Bella Bands - If you have stretchy, thick cotton tanks/camisoles, you can just use those instead. Fold them over and use like a Bella band. You can get ALOT of use out of your jeans/etc. I also bought a cheap body slimmer on sale and chopped it up till i had a strong band to use as a Bella as well.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #15
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

I liked Target's stuff best. The price was low, but the quality was better than Old Navy or Motherhood. I was astonished by how badly the Motherhood items held up (and they're largely synthetics that are itchy and hot, or a poor quality modal rayon that pills).

And the Target tops and dresses were cut such that they were excellent postpartum, too.

I just wish someone had told me right off the bat, to pull the stretchy tummy panel all the way up, then put on your bra, to hold up the pants

My other fav was cotton/modal camis from Costco. They were so stretchy I wore them all the way through, and 2 years later I still wear them for nursing (pull bra and top of cami down, pull shirt up). I'm just disappointed they now come with a shelf bra -- I'm a 40H cup, so that shelf bra cuts right across the nipple line.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #16
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

I found TONS at consignment shops. They can be more expensive than, say, Goodwill, but through my experience (which is only one pregnancy so far) the clothes are a lot nicer....because people are making money back on their clothes as opposed to simply getting rid of/donating them. There are a couple consignment shops that have beautiful stuff around me....they take only Gap, pea in the pod, ann taylor loft, etc. I work full time, and have to dress up everyday so it's been a blessing to me!!! Good luck
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #17
jamilynn84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maternity... Jc penny nursing... I love the glamourmom tanks and though i had a few 'nursing shirts with my first, i didnt bother with the second. Just wore the tank to cover my belly and didnt really care if part of my breast showed.

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect
Old 01-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrennaII View Post
I just wish someone had told me right off the bat, to pull the stretchy tummy panel all the way up, then put on your bra, to hold up the pants
This is personal preference. It would drive me bonkers to have something over my belly. Even breastfeeding, I'll probably wear it low and unfold it when I'm feeding.

Consignment shops rock. We only have one here that has maternity clothes, though, and most of them are overpriced and very worn. The baby stuff is great though!
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleokatrah

This is personal preference. It would drive me bonkers to have something over my belly. Even breastfeeding, I'll probably wear it low and unfold it when I'm feeding.
True. I didn't like ANY maternity jeans, they all felt like I wasn't a normal adult anymore. But this was the only way I could keep any from falling down.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #20
Mrs. Logan
Registered Users

I LOVE having maternity pants over my belly, and I am one who also tucks them into the bottom of the bra. My DH thinks I am crazy!
Mrs. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote