Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Getting pregnant after C-section- reccomended wait time?

The doctor who delivered Jonathan said 3 months before trying again. My midwife would be more comfortable with 6 months.

I have a friend who had a VBAC 12 months after her c-section (12 months between births, not 12 months between pregnancies).

Since I only got to 25 weeks this time, my "nutritive stores" aren't as low as the would have been if I got full-term, so DH and I are possibly going to start TTCing as early as April. I want to get through my original due month first and see how we emotionally and mentally handle that.

Advertisement

Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks Andrea. We have been praying for your Family.
Dd2 will be 1 in less than a week AND I think we have decided to start trying in March. At the least, based on edd but anything can happen, there would be about 22 months between deliveries.
If the ob does not like it, or qill not allow a tol, I have lots of options so I van always shop around.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:48 AM   #13
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

My boys are only 16 months apart and DS2 was a vbac baby. Now I know your case is a little different because you've had 2 c-sections, but I think waiting a year to ttc is plenty. My doc knew that we were ttc when ds1 was 6 months old and she never cautioned against it, and I was still nursing at the time so i guess my body was ready for it. If this pregnancy goes well our third baby will be just barely over 2 years apart from DS2, and I'm hoping for another vaginal delivery.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #14
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambie719 View Post
My boys are only 16 months apart and DS2 was a vbac baby. Now I know your case is a little different because you've had 2 c-sections, but I think waiting a year to ttc is plenty. My doc knew that we were ttc when ds1 was 6 months old and she never cautioned against it, and I was still nursing at the time so i guess my body was ready for it. If this pregnancy goes well our third baby will be just barely over 2 years apart from DS2, and I'm hoping for another vaginal delivery.
thanks. I figure if the OB/GYN I switched to after DD2 was born ( I had major problems with the office that delivered DD1) does not like it, I have plenty of options and I will shop around! My dr. when we lived in Ohio said 12 months was plenty, but we moved to Indiana when I was almost 30 weeks preggo last time and I was scrambling to find someone to take me on that late in the game who didn't already have too many patients due around the same time as me. This time, I will have plenty of time to make an educated decision.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #15
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went to a different OB today who told me that the "latest guidelines" are 18 months in between births. I am still leaning towards TTCing in April, though, which would put me at a 14-month interbirth interval if it happened on the first try.
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #16
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I first want to say I did not have a VBAC with DS2, but my doctor never told me we should wait any sort of period before getting pregnant a second time. I had a c-section with my 1st because my water broke and no contractions followed so after waiting hours we started pit and that did nothing so after 36 hours we had a c-section. DS2 came along 20 months later and he decided he was going to stay in for 41wks (DS1 born at 38wks) and my doctor would not give me pit again so we ended up having a c-section at 41wks (and the best decision I made since my recovery was so much better the second time and he ended turning and was sunny side up!).
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
BabySnickerdoodles
Registered Users
Formerly: Generalsgirl08
seller
seller

My Mood:

My midwives/OB's all told me 18 months between births...so that means as long as you wait 9 months after your c/s, your body should heal well enough to reduce the risk of rupture. Just make sure you are on a healthy diet, with lots of proteins, and I was given a supplement to help encourage the soft tissues to heal and grow...it was called Collatrim? Its basically collagen.

A friend had a ruptured uterus with one birth, and before she had her next baby, she took the collagen faithfully, and after delivering that baby, the OB said she looked GREAT and they couldn't see any scar tissue to speak of, where she had ruptured!

I was able to have a VBAC, and I had gotten pregnant 9 months (to the DAY!) after my c/s...so it really was fine in my case

I thought it was interesting our story similarities...my first c/s was due to FTP, and then with my THIRD child, they tried to induce/section me because of low fluid (index under 2 as well!)...but we didn't feel they were giving us truthful information about the danger, so we left the hospital asap, and I drank a BOATLOAD of water...I went into labor that night and when my water broke the next morning, it was a FLOOD! Make sure that you don't let them sell you that speach again, about not being able to rehydrate when your amnio fluid is that low...its totally possible! I don't think you should feel bad about it after the fact, because everything happens for a reason hon I just want you to arm yourself with the facts, if you would still like a shot at a VBA2C
Ready to Shop for Woolies? Check out Baby Snickerdoodles on Hyena Cart
BabySnickerdoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #18
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got pregnant 6 mths after my first Csection! I healed perfectly fine!! I've never had a Dr. tell to take a certain amount of time b/w Csections. I'm going to have my 5th Csection in about 6 wks!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Here they say 2 years.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #20
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabySnickerdoodles
My midwives/OB's all told me 18 months between births...so that means as long as you wait 9 months after your c/s, your body should heal well enough to reduce the risk of rupture. Just make sure you are on a healthy diet, with lots of proteins, and I was given a supplement to help encourage the soft tissues to heal and grow...it was called Collatrim? Its basically collagen.

A friend had a ruptured uterus with one birth, and before she had her next baby, she took the collagen faithfully, and after delivering that baby, the OB said she looked GREAT and they couldn't see any scar tissue to speak of, where she had ruptured!

I was able to have a VBAC, and I had gotten pregnant 9 months (to the DAY!) after my c/s...so it really was fine in my case

I thought it was interesting our story similarities...my first c/s was due to FTP, and then with my THIRD child, they tried to induce/section me because of low fluid (index under 2 as well!)...but we didn't feel they were giving us truthful information about the danger, so we left the hospital asap, and I drank a BOATLOAD of water...I went into labor that night and when my water broke the next morning, it was a FLOOD! Make sure that you don't let them sell you that speach again, about not being able to rehydrate when your amnio fluid is that low...its totally possible! I don't think you should feel bad about it after the fact, because everything happens for a reason hon I just want you to arm yourself with the facts, if you would still like a shot at a VBA2C
Thank you so much- I needed to hear that. It all happened so quick I wish I had taken a minute to make sure there was nothing else that could be done. If everything goes according to plan there will be 22 months between births so from what I am hearing as the consensus is we should be good!