Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-01-2011, 02:13 PM   #1
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

For those well-endowed mama's

im really frustrated. Im trying to find a nursing bra and it seems impossible. I need a 36f/g. I'd like a non-underwire and I dont want something where the cups are really high. I'd like to be able to wear them under spaghetti strap dresses and such and the top of the cups arent showing.

nursing bras in my size are ugly (which i dont care if i have to get an ugly one, as long as the cups arent high on it) and look like im going to have a uni-boob. i do not want a uni-boob!!!

ive been searching for a month now and im tired of looking at bras. does anyone have a suggestion of something that would fit my criteria? (no underwire, no high cups, no uni-boob)

oh and just to complicate things more, i'd rather not sell the farm to get a bra, either... if you know what i mean.

thanks ladies

Advertisement

Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those well-endowed mama's

Good Luck!

I am a 38 triple M or something like that when I'm making milk & I never did find a bra that would work.

We ended up buying the LARGEST size JC Penny sold (44JJJ I think) and then cutting it up & altering it to fit my needs. It's a good thing my mom can sew!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:06 PM   #3
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Well I've been finding that stores are only carrying up to dd. Which isn't helpful because that's not my size! So I can't really go try on different bras either which is making it harder.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

I believe an online store oft recommended here is breakout bras: http://www.breakoutbras.com/ because they have a great return policy and have illustrations of how to measure. Your best bet would probably be to find a good local bra store, but that can be difficult sometimes.

I'm a little bigger than you, but the brands I like the most are medela (I got their ones with underwires and pulled out the wires), cantaloop (not for going out -- but these are SUPER comfy), bravado original (these are 'uniboob' bras, but very comfy), and hotmilk (I got a few of these half off from zulily and they are beautiful). But really, you need to try a few on before you know what you like, and none of these bras are going to be cheap.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
just1more
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been ordering from amazon and trying bras out that way. I have free prime shipping and all the bras have free shipping back to amazon.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

What about bravado? Anyone have success with those?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #7
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosehughes
I believe an online store oft recommended here is breakout bras: http://www.breakoutbras.com/ because they have a great return policy and have illustrations of how to measure. Your best bet would probably be to find a good local bra store, but that can be difficult sometimes.

I'm a little bigger than you, but the brands I like the most are medela (I got their ones with underwires and pulled out the wires), cantaloop (not for going out -- but these are SUPER comfy), bravado original (these are 'uniboob' bras, but very comfy), and hotmilk (I got a few of these half off from zulily and they are beautiful). But really, you need to try a few on before you know what you like, and none of these bras are going to be cheap.
Have u ever tried the bravado bliss or sublime? I'm interested in those two. I was considering the original for around the house and sleeping too
Old 07-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

I am also well endowed. On my third kid I decided I was tired of sagging, so I drove an hour to a great bra store and got measured and fitted. They had some really nice maternity and nursing bras out there, up to very large sizes (I'm a 34g/f and they had bigger cup sizes). If you could find something like this in your area (google search) that would probably be the best. I can't remember my brands, I can look later. And honestly, even if you end up paying 50-60$ per bra for 2 bras, it's still cheaper than formula, and I figure the investment to look nice in a good fitting bra is worth it (even dh agreed with this).
Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 PM   #9
Vie.en.Rose
Registered Users
Formerly: **le3*
seller
seller

I'm about the same size as you, and while I was nursing my daughter I mostly used the Original Plus Bravado nursing bra. It was super cute and comfy, and fine for around the house. It didn't give the most support and at night one boob would always fall out of its cup. I also found the quality of the bamboo bra a little lackingt. It was super comfy, but the fabric didn't hold up well and started ripping around the seams near the clips after only a couple months.

I also bought their Body Silk Seamless nursing bra and hated it. It has removable foam cups (which was why I bought it) but I found they were very obvious (since they're more like small foam inserts than actual cups) and I haven't worn it since. Now that I think about it, I might give this bra a second chance (minus the stupid inserts). I'm pregnant again and nothing fits.

I tried on several other Bravado styles instore and didn't really like any of them, which is too bad because I really want to like Bravado. After about 5 months I got thoroughly fed up, went to my local high-end lingerie store, got fitted and bought myself a "good" nursing bra. I must have tried on dozens of bras ranging from $50 - $200, some with underwire, some without and bought one of the cheaper ones. I don't remember the company that makes it, but a year later it still looks and fits like brand new. Definitely worth the investment!

Like Swagbucks? Give Gifthulk a try!
Vie.en.Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:23 PM   #10
knlrachel
Registered Users
seller

I wish I could help. I have a REALLY bad back (mostly from the weight of the umm, girls) and nursing bras exacerbate the problem. I did have one nursing bra that fit well, had a big cup, definitely separated the girls, and had comfy straps - but I had to have it alterred ( the band was too big) and the tag was removed in the process, so now I have no idea what kind it was to get another one Lindasonline.com has some good ones, but I still haven't found a perfect one.