Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:51 AM   #1
TLK
Registered Users

Talking Finally found cure for never ending heartburn

I've had some intense heartburn throughout this entire pregnancy but the last couple months have been the worst. I was literally up night after night with acid in my throat. It didn't matter what I ate or didn't eat. I tried every single remedy/concoction that was suggested to me, but nothing worked. The more water I drank the worse it got.

I finally went to a chiropractor for some issues I was having in my pelvic area and he discovered I had a couple ribs out of place. He said just being out of alignment can cause serious heartburn issues. I was adjusted on Thursday and haven't had a single bout of heartburn since.

Just thought I would put that out there in case someone else is dealing with the same issue. He also put my pelvic bone back in place with fixed the pain I was having down there.. almost couldn't walk. He thinks this will also eliminate back labor which I have had with every single birth and keep me from going over due.

Advertisement

Last edited by TLK; 01-06-2012 at 11:52 AM.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Finally found cure for never ending heartburn

Oh that is great to know!! I am glad he fixed you up, I'd love to go get adjusted but I am scared..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM   #3
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my chiro. He moved and is a like 45 min drive now so I rarely go. I will have to pass on the info next time someone I know complains of roaring hb. Thanks!
Old 01-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #4
TLK
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
Oh that is great to know!! I am glad he fixed you up, I'd love to go get adjusted but I am scared..lol

I was too.. it was my first time seeing one. He was really gentle because I was pregnant and some of the adjustments were a little uncomfortable, but the results are seriously worth it.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #5
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I was so excited when my chiropractor was like " hey are you having heartburn?" Then she adjusted me and it was amazing! I highly recommend chiropractors, I was sceptical at first now I'm converted.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
grateful mama13
Registered Users

My Mood:

I wish so badly I could afford to do that.. I've had HORRIBLE heart burn.. everynight I wake up every 2 hrs or so feeling like liquid fire is about to spew out my throat..
grateful mama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
It's actually not too bad I always thought it was more. My first visit was 75 for the initial assessment and each visit after is 30 ish. So worth it. My insurance pays half because I have an HRA.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wish this was working for me :-( I'm seeing my chiro weekly now that I'm past 37 weeks and I'm still having heartburn that makes me want to cry
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK
Wish this was working for me :-( I'm seeing my chiro weekly now that I'm past 37 weeks and I'm still having heartburn that makes me want to cry
It's not a cure all unfortunately. My chiro only adjust that nerve if it " shows up" so your heart burn might be caused by just normal pregnancy stuff. Sorry! Have you tried papya or papya extract tabs? Another thing that works well for me is 2 tbls ACV in one cup hot water and honey to sweeten it. It's not bad to drink and I fell so much better after.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #10
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have tried it all. I can get about an hour of relief. But then it comes back :-(
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote