Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-20-2011, 10:24 PM   #1
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:
Placenta Encapsulation

..Anyone going to do this? or have done it?

I'm interested this time. I was offered the service for free.. I would love to see if it would help me produce milk.. and help with PPD.(I'm already biploar.. so PPD hits hard )

I just don't know if I can talk my dh into it.. I told him when I brought it up that they do use human placenta in chinese medicine.. he seems to disagree(he is Chinese) but I did google(Zi he che) so need to show him for sure..
When an online friend told me about it years ago I was really put back by it.. like really.. but now here I am totally considering..
Just wondering if anyone else does/will do?

Advertisement

Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
Emmett's Mommy
Registered Users
seller

I am having it done! It was more of telling them "we need to bring a cooler and then you take it to the house for me after she's born", lol, and not "can I do this, or is it OK with you". I'm so strongly for this, last time I lost quite a lot of blood as well as had ppd issues. I have heard such good things about this, and why not stack something else in my corner to help me with everything. I would have loved to get it done for free! Mine is going to cost $225, but in my mind, it's totally worth it.

I couldn't do it myself, or put it in a blender like some mamas do, but other than it being done...it's just like taking a vitamin or herbal supplement. It's a personal choice but I hope your hubby gets on board just to make it easier on you if it's what you really want.

Last edited by Emmett's Mommy; 12-21-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Emmett's Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #3
Teahya&nikolais_mommy
Registered Users
seller

I would live to find someone to do this for me too!! I live in Medford Oregon but can not find 1 mid wife or doula who will does it (tear)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Amanda : , baby wearing, non circing SHAM to Teahya::6-4-08 and Nikolai4-22-10 andwith #3 Markus Anthony and #4 Marius asher
Teahya&nikolais_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:46 AM   #4
MandeeTheGreat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am having mine encapsulated too! My doula is doing it for me. I have never heard any negative feedback from those who have done it...they all just talk about how amazing and helpful it was. We call them happy pills
12/16/10 & Cesilee 12/29/11
Born Preemie @ 35 weeks, Check the Blog and shop ZULILY

MandeeTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 02:07 AM   #5
MandeeTheGreat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahya&nikolais_mommy
I would live to find someone to do this for me too!! I live in Medford Oregon but can not find 1 mid wife or doula who will does it (tear)

Have you tried contacting Jenn at bless this mama? : http://www.mamasplacentamedicine.com/
12/16/10 & Cesilee 12/29/11
Born Preemie @ 35 weeks, Check the Blog and shop ZULILY

MandeeTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #6
Rodeo Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta Encapsulation

We are doing mine ourselves, although I have a friend that does it and I have been thinking about asking her how much she charges. I did one of my friends for her and it wasn't that hard to do....she will probably come help DH do mine.
Amanda, wife to Andrew, mama to Dale , Olivia , Wyatt and Nora . Baby #5 due in late April.
Rodeo Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My friend who is also my Doula is including my encapsulation in her fee (she normally charges an additional $250 I think it is). This will be the first time I've had a placenta encapsulated. I'd planned on doing it myself but glad to have someone else to take care of it so I don't have to think about it after the birth. My husband is fine with it as long as I don't talk about it around him, lol, every time I've started to talk about it he makes me stop.
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you'd be willing to do it yourself, or if your husband would, I can direct you to a walk through on doing it yourself =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teahya&nikolais_mommy View Post

Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #9
LaughingPeaMama
Registered Users
Formerly: RedShoes
seller

OK there is NO WAY IN HECK I could do it myself....the thought makes me gag. But just seeing little pills to take doesn't seem that intimidating. However, I know that I could never bring myself to take the placenta home to do this. My medical background sees this as carrying around an organ. Weird I know but I would be totally on board if it could just magically get done and appear as pills lol.
Wife to my soulmate since 7/12/03 mom to dd 2/9/09 and ds 1/5/12 and angel baby 10/07. Infertility survivor!ISO(willing to trade my FSOT items for) snapped unpaper towels EEEEUC or NEW heavy/long mama cloth
FSOT NOTE: SMOKE FREE DOG FRIENDLY HOME. EVERYTHING IS LINT BRUSHED BUT STRAY HAIRS WILL BE FOUND. IF THIS BOTHERS YOU DON'T FSOT WITH ME PLEASE
LaughingPeaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama View Post
OK there is NO WAY IN HECK I could do it myself....the thought makes me gag. But just seeing little pills to take doesn't seem that intimidating. However, I know that I could never bring myself to take the placenta home to do this. My medical background sees this as carrying around an organ. Weird I know but I would be totally on board if it could just magically get done and appear as pills lol.
that is why you get someone else to do it for you
I have another friend that does it .. I think she charges like $250 pick up/drop off to you.. and $200 if you pick up and drop off to her.. so there is sometimes an extra charge for pick up.. but that option is probably usually there. And I guess with your doula that does it.. they just pick up when they are at hospital.
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote