Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #1
hunter'smom
Registered Users
seller

How many negative HPT's before a blood test?

I haven't had AF since November 10th! I am officially 24 days late. I have had tons of mild symptoms but 2 negative hpts. I have been nauseated but not like last time. I've only thrown up a tiny bit twice in the past couple days but every time I burp a little comes up my throat. I have been extremely tired for the past 3 weeks and my cervix is very high and soft. Normally by now it would be low and heavy because I have a prolapsed uterus but it's higher than it's been in a year. I've had a few other strange symptoms as well. The weirdest was the muscle/nerve spasm in my left arm last week. It went away quickly (maybe 20 minutes) and could be completely unrelated but it was strange non the less. I'm also very bloated. In other words pants that I could do up before Christmas can no longer be done up comfortably. I haven't changed my diet or any thing else however I did start going to the gym last week. But I was hoping that would have the opposite effect on my pants lol

I'm not trying to get pg for a few more months and the only time DH and I BD'd was December 11 but it is highly probable that I O'd late that month. We did use protection but nothing is ever guaranteed. I have PCOS and even after a blood test when I was PG with DS the HPT still showed up negative. I think the last time I tested with him was at 5 weeks and it was negative.

I'm trying not to read too much into everything because I don't want to get my hopes up and I haven't told DH because he will just say it's all in my head but I know something is going on with my body. I don't feel PG though ( I could just be trying to convince myself I'm not). With DS I felt it and right now I don't. But with DS I was extremely sick multiple times a day and it's not like that right now. I would just like to know what's going on so that I can get out of this limbo stage.

What do you mama's think? Should I book a blood test with my dr or should I just wait for my next missed AF? Before I had DS I had very irregular AF but since I got AF back I've had 1 long cycle of 37 days everything else was 30-33.

Advertisement

hunter'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #2
Whipple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How many negative HPT's before a blood test?

Are you charting? Are you sure you've ovulated "on time"? If so, and its been at least 18 days from when you *know* you ovulated, I would for sure get a blood test.
Whipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
hunter'smom
Registered Users
seller

No I wasn't officially charting. I do keep track of my cervical position because of the prolapse but I don't actually chart temps or anything unless I'm TTC which I'm not YET. Just dates and symptoms on my phone app so I can estimate expected AF. According to my calendar I was supposed to "O" on November 29th but I didn't have EWCM until December 5-6th. It could've been later as I didn't mark that down.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd ask for a blood test now, just for reassurance. I plugged in Dec 6 as your O date, just for ha has and it came back as you being 6w4d. Is Dec 11th truly the ONLY day you dtd since Nov 24th? At this point, bloodwork should show if you are or aren't, so I would just get it done. What's the sense in waiting and driving yourself crazy any longer? I'm praying you getthe answer you want *hugs*

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
hunter'smom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b View Post
Is Dec 11th truly the ONLY day you dtd since Nov 24th?
Well that and yesterday Still no AF yet, I'm thinking I'll get blood work done this week. Everything is adding up to a + but just not on the HPT. I'd be very happy if it is probably really disappointed if it's -. I told DH last night that I was 25 days late and he didn't seem too impressed but he'll be ok either way. he just doesn't like the unknown stage kwim?