Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #1
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
A little update on us

I had my 12 week appointment this week, and saw two little heartbeats again! It looks like sac number 3 has disappeared, and this time I feel 100% certain that it is twins, and just two!

I am now enrolled in the twin clinic, and will have crazy amounts of appointments and ultrasounds too I guess.

The doc said that his goal is for me to get to 34 weeks, which I think is June 8th, and that if I get to 37 - 38 weeks then they will deliver me. (June 29th - July 6th.) We'll see what they tell me at the twin clinic when I start in 2.5 weeks. I want to keep these babies in as long as possible! DD was breech, and broke my waters at 38w5d, so I doubt I will be able to make it to 38weeks with two, but I sure am going to try!

This past week has been really bad with morning sickness, but thankfully I am getting good sleep at night. I don't think could handle all day puking on 4-5 hours of sleep! Peanut butter has been my friend - I can always count on it to stay down!

DH's schedule keeps changing a bit. He's gone for training this month, and is still set to deploy. It is now looking like it will be late Spring, possibly early summer. At this point I just want them to hurry up and go so that they can get back home! He missed the first 5 months of DD's life, and while I would love for him to not miss any of his next children, if it is just the first 5 months again I think we can manage - all the fun starts after that anyhow!

I can't think if there is anything else I wanted to share! I'm sure there is, but I'll just have to add it in later!

I can't wait to get out of this first trimester! And get back to a life of no sickies!

Advertisement

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So happy to see you guys are doing good. Sucks your hubby is going to deploy. Mine is leaving this. Month but he will be home in time for this one. I hope you have someone to help when twins get there. I can only imagine how much work it would be. Man I wish I could have twins just try and take it easy to keep them babies baking as long as possible.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
thekuligs
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: A little update on us

34 weeks? How come that number? I would think that they would want them to make it to full terms at 36 weeks. My singletons were both born at 39 weeks and the twins were born at 37weeks 2 days and probably would have been happy to not be evicted lol
Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #4
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

so they'll automatically deliver you at 37-38 wks? Will you be having a repeat c-section or something else I'm missing? If babies are growing well and doing well, no reason to evict earlier than they want to come! My cousin's twins were about 39 wks when #1 punched a hole in the sac (her hand was in the vagina). They knew she was going to need a c-section because #1 was breech but the docs still waited until she went into labor on her own or if either baby showed signs of poor growth (which they didn't). I'd fight them on induction early if there's no medical indication for it! Studies show that longer is always better in the womb if baby/babies are doing fine otherwise.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
philenabean
Registered Users

Congrats on having to healthy heartbeats! So exciting! Can't even imagine all of the appointments you'll be having.

Quote:
He missed the first 5 months of DD's life, and while I would love for him to not miss any of his next children, if it is just the first 5 months again I think we can manage - all the fun starts after that anyhow!
I agree that the "fun" starts after 5 months, but what about all of the work before then?! I know you can't help your husband's situation, but do you have family or friends who will be able to help you out after the birth? That's going to be a lot of work and stress on you and your daughter!
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:21 AM   #6
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuligs View Post
34 weeks? How come that number? I would think that they would want them to make it to full terms at 36 weeks. My singletons were both born at 39 weeks and the twins were born at 37weeks 2 days and probably would have been happy to not be evicted lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyducky77 View Post
so they'll automatically deliver you at 37-38 wks? Will you be having a repeat c-section or something else I'm missing? If babies are growing well and doing well, no reason to evict earlier than they want to come! My cousin's twins were about 39 wks when #1 punched a hole in the sac (her hand was in the vagina). They knew she was going to need a c-section because #1 was breech but the docs still waited until she went into labor on her own or if either baby showed signs of poor growth (which they didn't). I'd fight them on induction early if there's no medical indication for it! Studies show that longer is always better in the womb if baby/babies are doing fine otherwise.
Well, this info wasn't from the doctor at the twin clinic, but from the OB I saw last week. I was asking him to give me an idea of what to expect as far as a due date with a twin pregnancy versus my pregnancy with Grace. With DH leaving and my mom having to fly out from NC, I need to start having an idea of what to expect those last few months. When he said 34 weeks, I think that was more meant as a first goal to reach. He said that about 85% of all twin pregnancies get to 34 weeks, and I plan to be one of those. As for the 37/38 week timeline I didn't argue about trying to keep them in longer as I am just hoping to reach that far. DD was breech and my water broke at 38 weeks. I would love for them to stay in longer than that, but with there being two this time around, I am afraid it won't happen. My blood pressure was a little high at that appt and I think he might have been considering that as well. But since I had been puking all that morning and the day before, I would have been surprised if it wasn't elevated! I'm not going to be checking myself in to the hospital at 37 weeks saying "I'm done, get them out..." or anything like that. It's better for me if they stay in longer - less for DH to miss out on! But if they or I are not doing well, I am not going to fight them being delivered either. It helps me plan my mom's arrival to know that the 37/38 week time frame is considered full term with twins. If she gets here early, great, but for her to not be here to help me with DD would suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philenabean View Post
Congrats on having to healthy heartbeats! So exciting! Can't even imagine all of the appointments you'll be having.

I agree that the "fun" starts after 5 months, but what about all of the work before then?! I know you can't help your husband's situation, but do you have family or friends who will be able to help you out after the birth? That's going to be a lot of work and stress on you and your daughter!
Yes, my mom will be here. Also DH's battery is the only one from his unit that will be deploying. That means that my friends and their husbands from the unit will still be here. I was telling my mom that with their husbands home they will all be able to help out more since they can leave their kids with DH and come help here as needed. I went to a scentsy party that was all wives from the unit last night and shared our news with each of them individually. I got so many hugs and squeals of delight / support from everyone. Their husbands all just returned from a deployment so I know it is fresh on their minds and they are ready to chip in as much as they can. I had much LESS support when DD was born, so I am felling good about this so far.

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #7
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Ah, okay. So then I'm guessing you had a c-section since DD was breech then that makes sense why they would choose a specific time range to get it done with 2 in there. Glad to hear you'll have lots of help even though your DH will be deployed
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
philenabean
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, my mom will be here. Also DH's battery is the only one from his unit that will be deploying. That means that my friends and their husbands from the unit will still be here. I was telling my mom that with their husbands home they will all be able to help out more since they can leave their kids with DH and come help here as needed. I went to a scentsy party that was all wives from the unit last night and shared our news with each of them individually. I got so many hugs and squeals of delight / support from everyone. Their husbands all just returned from a deployment so I know it is fresh on their minds and they are ready to chip in as much as they can. I had much LESS support when DD was born, so I am felling good about this so far.
That's wonderful! I really don't know much about military life, but it sounds like a tight-knit community...
philenabean is offline   Reply With Quote