Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
mom2cse
Registered Users
seller

How many

I wanted to ask how many c-sections you have had? If you had had 3 or more I'd love to know how your experience was. If you had any additional problems with the pregnancy/delivery/recovery due to having multiple c-sections I'd love to know more. I'd also love to hear your doctor's take on all of this...supportive, cautious, ect.

I have had three and would love to have one more little one, but I'm a bit nervous about the possibility. After my third delivery, the doctor mentioned that, if I wanted, I could try for one more and then take it case by case after that. However, at my 6 week check up I saw his associate and he was trying to convince me to never have any more children. My first c-section was due to a breech little one and the others were "repeats". I have recovered well from all of them with no problems during the pregnancies and no problems (that I was told about at least) during delivery. If we were to TTC the birth would be at least 3 years from my most recent c-section (my youngest is 18 months), so I don't think healing would be an issue. I will certainly have a good talk with my doctor before we TTC, but I was just wanting to hear other's experiences.

Thanks!
Nancy

Advertisement

mom2cse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: How many

I have had 3 cesareans. My kids are 6, 4, and 19 months. I'm pregnant now due in May which will be 2 yrs after the last c-section. This baby I am hoping for VBA3C.

I healed up well after each one with no complications and had no issues with each pregnancy. I did labor with my third child for 5 days (trying for VBA2C), still no complications.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:31 AM   #3
Mystery
Registered Users
seller

I've had three c-sections following months of ptl and bedrest. My OB, who never ever discusses birth control, gave very strong hints that I should consider vasectomy for my husband. My perinatologist, however, said that we could have more babies if we want. My guess is that it depends on how conservative the physician is. My peri said that he saw no reason to stop if we wanted more babies.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
aries416
Registered Users
seller

I have had two, 27.5 months apart. My ob said my uterus was really thin, but that I could have another with no problem.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #5
TexasRachel
Registered Users
seller
seller

This will be csection #4 for me. My dr said that this one would be okay, but she doesn't recommend past four. But this is it for us anyway.

Mom to DD(16), DS(7), DS(4), DS(2), and one waiting in heaven for us.
TexasRachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #6
doubleohkatie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
This will also be my fourth. Last time during the c/s my OB said that things looked great and I had healed from the previous two very well with minimal scarring. She said she would feel very comfortable doing one more (4th) but after that I had to do something permanent because she didn't feel comfortable doing more than 4.

RAINBOW 2014
doubleohkatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:20 PM   #7
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I have had 2 c/s, this will be my third one, I have had no complications from my c/s yet and hoping I slide by with another easy recovery this time as well.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #8
newlifeSA
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm having my 4th c-section in a few days. I had three uncomplicated c-sections previously and my doctor was fine with me having another baby. This will be my last child though, by choice. My doctor recommends against more than 4.

newlifeSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Lovinmama3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had two and they were 20 months apart. 1st one was a rough recovery after 30hrs of labor, but the second one was totally different (no laboring beforehand) and recovery was a lot faster. We plan on at least one more baby within the next 2 years.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #10
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had 4 Csections and will have my 5th in about 6wks!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote