View Poll Results: Do you prefer a male or female OB?
Male 13 8.23%
Female 84 53.16%
Doesn't matter as long as I feel comfortable with him/her 59 37.34%
Other 2 1.27%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2012, 09:37 AM   #31
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Do You Prefer A Male Or Female OB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
But is still an expert in fixing them.
that made me laugh! My thinking is she may HAVE one, but she doesn't look at daily.

I prefer male as well. I'm a nurse at a large county hospital in a relatively large city. I deal with docs all night long at work. As a generaly rule the women and dismissive, rude, upity, etc. I hate working with them. once in a while we'll get one that I like, but generally I don't care for them. The men tend to be polite, willing to listen, etc. I love dealing with them overall. Of course we get some that are terrible as well (especially surgeons) but generally I prefer them. So that may taint my perspective.

Advertisement

megs715 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #32
WoodSprite
Registered Users
Formerly: TangerineFlamingo
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had a female MW, female CNM, male OB and female OB. DEFINITELY loved my female ob over any of them, and hated the male ob the most (female cnm a close second in that hatred, lol). I think it really depends on their personality.
WoodSprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #33
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

As long as the male isn't a hot young thang, it's ok with me either gender. If personalities were all the same, a female would be preferred...but I've had both and liked/disliked both at some point depending on the individual.

When I went to deliver #2, the on call ob was smokin hot..I was SO glad my doctor got there. I KNOW the on call isn't interest, nor would I be, but it'd still make me uncomfortable pushing a baby (& whatever else might come out!)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:26 AM   #34
KaylaJayne
Registered Users
seller

Female is all I've had really - except for the male that delivered DS... but he was super nice and just plain awesome too so I guess I don't care too much as long as he/she knows what he/she are doing!
Old 01-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #35
love2bmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedagger View Post
I really don't care. I've had both. Like op said as long as I'm comfortable with them that is all that matters. Paps are usually done by my primary care doc so it's whoever I have at the time-- being under military care I don't usually see the same person... I know male OBs(or whoever is doing an internal) make my hubby uncomfortable and he's been known to take off work so he can go to the doc with me. It really freaks him out to have another guy touch me like that. (This might sound like jealously issues but it's so much more then that...)
My DH is the opposite. The internal exams make him uncomfortable, so he doesn't want to be there. Whether DH is there or not, my OB always has a nurse in the room when he does an internal exam, so there's no reason for DH not to trust him or anything. So he just would prefer not to be there.
love2bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:42 PM   #36
crunch!910
Registered Users

I prefer women midwives. Never seen a female OB though. And if I see a male doctor, I prefer them to be older men. Younger men treating me just.. I don't like it for some reason. I love that I have 4 midwives and an older male doctor.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #37
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I prefer to have a female OB. I see a female NP for my yearly stuff and see her or a certain female OB for appointments. When it comes to the actual birth I don't relaly care. All they do is walk in and catch the baby. I had two male OB's deliver the boys and they were there for all of 5 min.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #38
JenniferLovesEmily
Registered Users
seller

Had a male gyn in college. Age wise, he could have been my dad. He definitely wasn't hot. All and all, very creepy weird.
Regarding pregnancies, I appreciate being incoherent yet my female ob or cnm understanding what I'm saying.
For deliveries, totally comfortable with male ob to come in and catch when ds was in distress. In the moment of delivery, the pope could have been there for all I cared. Lol

Sent from DS Forum..... probably while nursing.... please interpret accordingly
JenniferLovesEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:16 PM   #39
3MonkeysMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I love my male OB! He is wonderful! I am completely not picky though as long as I feel comfortable...I have had both. The reason I wouldn't choose to have a female OB is b/c the one in our town is a cutter...I have never known anyone that has gone to her that has not had a "big baby" and needed a section. I cannot imagine people still choose to go to her.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #40
TrammellyFamily
Registered Users
Foremerly: MeadowAndColtsMama
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra

Owning a car doesn't mean you know how to work on one.
I know how to work on mine Lol! JFK, had to say it!

I have never been to a male gyno or on or midwife so, by default I say female.