Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Help - selecting a chiropractor?

Hi all. I am in desperate need of a chiropractor and there are very, VERY few in my area. None of them list pregnancy or maternity care as part of their practice so I was wondering what types of questions I should ask them to assess their knowledge in that area. I have been unable to find any reviews for any of them either - but that's not too surprising considering were we live. I'm really nervous about this and have been putting it off but this morning I was barely able to walk the pain is so intense so something has got to change. Thanks for your help!

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 12:31 PM   #2
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I go to a gal who uses a gun like device to adjust and it is better than forceful pushing my back... or find a NUUCA practioner (spelling?)

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #3
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Re: Help - selecting a chiropractor?

I am using a chiropractor throughout this whole pregnancy because I know it can make such a difference in how I feel and how labor will be. It also can prevent breech or posterior baby position (my last baby was posterior, so I definitely want to avoid that this time!), and if a baby is breech, it can be used to turn the baby. The chiropractor I use now and the one I use before I moved are both trained in the Webster technique, which is specific for pregnant women. It is a very different kind of adjustment than your typical chiropractic adjustment, but it works wonders. I saw a chiropractor just in the last month or two with my last pregnancy, and it helped my pelvic pain and round ligament pain so much.

Anyway, that's the best advice I can give! Look for someone who is trained in the Webster technique!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueakersMama
Hi all. I am in desperate need of a chiropractor and there are very, VERY few in my area. None of them list pregnancy or maternity care as part of their practice so I was wondering what types of questions I should ask them to assess their knowledge in that area. I have been unable to find any reviews for any of them either - but that's not too surprising considering were we live. I'm really nervous about this and have been putting it off but this morning I was barely able to walk the pain is so intense so something has got to change. Thanks for your help!
Are you at 29? have you looked into anything in palm springs or maybe LA. It might be worth the drive to have someone you trust do your adjusting. Also does tricker cover it?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've never been to a chiro...but have NEEDED to go for many years. Just never could afford it! Waiting on our insurance card so i can make an appt.

I've done lots of research and I agree with the Websters certified chiro if you can. I found one locally for me, and that was out of hundreds of chiros surrounding me. So...it may be a bit of a drive. But someone certified in what you need exactly seems worth the drive IMO.

But my last two pregnancies, i would wake up literally unable to move my legs, my hips are so messed up. So this time around, I'm going every two weeks to be straightened out.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep in 29! I found one in Indio that looks good. Its a drive but I don't want to take any chances. Tricare only covers chiropractic for the active duty member so unfortunately it will be out of pocket
Old 01-07-2012, 05:50 AM   #7
Mamata3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hehe "tricker" I meant tri-care stupid iPad. Lol aw man I want to see one but living in Japan I don't even know where I would look. Hoping to move back to Cali in May.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
fluffymailaholic
Registered Users
seller

IMO it's hard to find a good chiropractor...I get fed up with chiropractors who see you and then immediately put you on a treatment plan just to get your money. I worked for a chiropractor my first pregnancy (which was AWESOME) and I'm still seeing him. I like that he treats as needed and doesn't set up arbitrary appointments that I don't need (and don't need to pay for!!). Different people look for different things in chiropractors. I prefer a chiropractor who is competent but not money-driven, and I prefer to see a massage therapist and get adjusted immediately after if I can when I'm hurting the most. And any decent chiropractor should have some training on treating a woman who is pregnant. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

DDC, I think it's rely hard to find a trustworthy chiro. I went to see one who put me on this crazy treatment plan and I felt off about it so I went to see a family friend who did a lot more to help me and confirmed that I do not need 3 visits a week!

Good luck!

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #10
pharmgirl13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDC. DH is a chiropractor and agrees it is hard to find a good one. The Webster technique certification is completely money driven and doesnt mean much. I would look for someone used to treating in pregnancy and who has a table that will accomodate a pregnant belly. You shouldn't need a treatment plan in pregnancy so be leary of one that wants to get you on one.