Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 12:20 PM   #71
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Winter wonders weekend 7-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama View Post
Omg it has been rough. We got home yesterday thank goodness but I have been having horrible nerve pain from the epidural and I've been avoiding the narcotic pain meds so I really hurt. Ds also wants to nurse constantly and my milk isn't in so I'm sore. He is also a shallow latcher just like dd and I can't remember how we fixed it last time. May have to call in an lc
Oh I would call in an lc, and get some help with the latch. It makes such a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Ok so off topic but cracked me up- -
THis morning at 5am the baby woke up hungry and DH was trying to change her diaper first. She got really mad and started crying and DD1 was in her bedroom across the hall sleeping and apparantly the baby was loud enough to wake her up and she hollered across the hall "DAD, TURN IT OFF"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
Oh and off topic again- But you know MIL was going to come over last night and then I found out on facebook she is sick so we told her no. . Well this morning she told DH they were going to come tonight and he asked her straight up is she has something the baby can catch . . and she goes "oh i dont know, i guess we will stay home tonight just in case" . . . WTF?? So today now your going to stay home but yesterday you "forgot" to mention that you were sick and were just going to come??
I do not understand that women. .
that is crap, I hate that. Last time I had to take Leah out of my niece's arms ( 4 yo) b/c oh they forgot that she was puking the night before. What?!!! Yeah no kid who was puking 12 hours ago is holding my newborn, they acted like I was being overprotective, but whatever ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceW View Post
He def needs to get n to see dr. Same thing happens to my dh a lot.. Just lets it go..and go..and go.. More often then not turns into bronchitis with him
this is my DH too, he was sick for a month or so last winter before he finally went in, he had a really bad sinus infection and bronchitis. Sometimes I wish he wouldn't try to be so tough.

---------------
Nothing new here. I took all the kids to church alone b/c DH had to meet a friend who has a welder to fix something on his truck this am. The kiddos were good but the whole thing is still exhausting.

I did get the car seat installed today and the downstairs PnP together. I have one more leg to finish on these newbie overalls for the homecoming outfit and then I can start packing hospital bags.

Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #72
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Holy crud, I just had to fix the convertible carseat in our car. We have three across in a forester, and its SO tight. You have to take all the seats out (coccoro convertible for the baby, radian for the toddler, britax parkway for my 8 yo) to adjust one of them. I installed the convertible so quickly a while back that I didn't realize it wasn't reclined properly for a couple days... so that's what I went out to fix. Took me twenty five minutes to fix everything. Would have been longer but thankfully the radian is very easy to install in my car. There is no friggin way the hospital is making me take that seat out and bring it in to them like they did last time. I will throw an all out fit! I know it isn't a state law, because if everything goes as planned and I deliver at the BC the MW told me I didn't need to bring it in, so it must be a hospital policy. Totally counter productive since there's no way we're getting it installed as well on our way out of the hospital with two kids in tow and a brand new baby as we can at home. I'm good with car seats and super anal about how they're installed. DH is too big to fit back there and install them properly, so I'd end up being the one doing it, which would be an nightmare at 24 hrs post partum (I had to do this last time- omg, it was a nightmare and the seat I was dealing with was relatively easy to install).

Whew, needed to get all that out. If anyone has any advice for me on how to handle that situation should it arise (what to say to the hospital staff, etc..) it's more than welcome! I am so dead right now from dealing with the damn car seats, lol!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #73
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I haven't seen Kate post today so perhaps we got a baby this weekend?! I sent her a text but if she is in labor I don't see her getting back to me soon lol

Eta:: no labor for her just yet
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls

Last edited by Lady_B; 01-08-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #74
themamageek
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuhhh View Post
Holy crud, I just had to fix the convertible carseat in our car. We have three across in a forester, and its SO tight. You have to take all the seats out (coccoro convertible for the baby, radian for the toddler, britax parkway for my 8 yo) to adjust one of them. I installed the convertible so quickly a while back that I didn't realize it wasn't reclined properly for a couple days... so that's what I went out to fix. Took me twenty five minutes to fix everything. Would have been longer but thankfully the radian is very easy to install in my car. There is no friggin way the hospital is making me take that seat out and bring it in to them like they did last time. I will throw an all out fit! I know it isn't a state law, because if everything goes as planned and I deliver at the BC the MW told me I didn't need to bring it in, so it must be a hospital policy. Totally counter productive since there's no way we're getting it installed as well on our way out of the hospital with two kids in tow and a brand new baby as we can at home. I'm good with car seats and super anal about how they're installed. DH is too big to fit back there and install them properly, so I'd end up being the one doing it, which would be an nightmare at 24 hrs post partum (I had to do this last time- omg, it was a nightmare and the seat I was dealing with was relatively easy to install).

Whew, needed to get all that out. If anyone has any advice for me on how to handle that situation should it arise (what to say to the hospital staff, etc..) it's more than welcome! I am so dead right now from dealing with the damn car seats, lol!
Bring it in?? We got little bit a Britax Marathon. There is no way in heck we are pulling that thing out, to the L&D and then re-installing it. What.

I do remember having to bring DS' carseat up but it was an infant carseat so not that big of a deal. =/
themamageek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #75
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:

At my hospital a nurse bring you down to your car when your dismissed anyways i dont see why they cant look at the seat then?? I used a infant bucket with both girls so i didnt have a issue but i cant believe it would be a problem. The nurse that took me down watched dh put the bucket seat in the base to be sure the incline was correct so it shouldnt be a big deal for them to look at the strap placement and all at the same time.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #76
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitter View Post

that is crap, I hate that. Last time I had to take Leah out of my niece's arms ( 4 yo) b/c oh they forgot that she was puking the night before. What?!!! Yeah no kid who was puking 12 hours ago is holding my newborn, they acted like I was being overprotective, but whatever ...
OMG I would have been ticked. . . So far people have stayed away if they are sick but we have some friends/family that would be just ignorant enough to come sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
My mil is crazy too. But a 7 hour drive away crazy . I'm glad she won't be here right when he is born. I'd shoot myself in the face for sure. Like for example when dd was a week old her heat went out so while fil was fixing it she was heating the house w her stove cracked open. So I had dd literally in my jacket with blankets on top of her. She was getting all huffy about holding her and I said well I'd rather not pass her around while it's cold. I'd like to just keep her a constant warm temp (and dang it I wanted to hold her shesh- mine mine mine!)

This time dd is here to keep every occupied. Last time we saw them was a year ago in march so she speaks so much more now that she can distract her lol
Lucky you! Lol. Mine is only 30 minutes away. . . She tries so hard to be helpful but Gosh sometimes, she just drives me nuts. . .Like when I was in the hospital having the baby she did my diaper laundry for DD1. . Well I left instructions on how to do them because I have 2 inserts in each diaper. 1 of the BG Inserts then a prefold for extra absorbancy. . How hard is that?? Well I came home from the hospital and she had 1/2 the diapers with 2 prefolds and 1/2 the diapers with 2 of the BG inserts. . AND . . . she brought DD1 to the hospital to see the baby the day she was born and I noticed her butt looked really small in her jeans, like not Cloth diaper butt at all. And I asked if she had a disposible on and she said no its a cloth diaper. So I checked her and she had put a NEWBORN BG diaper on my 23# 2 year old. . . How the HECK she even got it on her is beyond me. I was like how can you not see that is too small?? It was just ridiculous.
The stupid thing is i had the newborn diapers BEHIND DD1s diapers and in a box marked "newborn diapers".

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulainAK View Post
So nothing nothing nothing going on here. It's making me feel crazy cuz we are all prepared so I'm just waiting now, which I suck at. Walked a mile at the gym last night just a few bh but not much :-( I'm gonna lose my mind if I have like 3 weeks left! Belly looks lower but who knows at this point if that actually means anything.
Hugs!! I remember that feeling. Its hard the last few weeks.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #77
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Destiny, thanks for being our cheerleader this morning!!! Made everything eel just a little brighter after reading your positive words!

Leah, I think it's pretty much completely normal to have a more difficult time being "nice Mommy" when you feel like you do. I had the "all up in my ribs" baby for months and now she's super low feelings and makes everything down south so uncomfortable -- but I have to feel for you having both at the same time.

Abbi, I totally admire your persistence! I'm still just letting DD come to bed, but I know that I'm only making it more difficult on myself when babe is here. Not only will I have to figure out how to fit everyone safely in the bed, but my DD is pretty loud at night when she comes in.....sigh. GOOD FOR YOU for being persistent with your gentle redirection. So sorry it's taking such a toll on you though.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #78
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nope, these hospital people were so stupid about the car seat last time. I guess they're used to everyone having bucket seats that can just be popped in and out. They made us uninstall the entire thing and then I had to re install it in the car. It was not installed as well as I had it the first time, and I was ticked! The nurse does come down to check things out, so it really made no sense. I'm just praying the whole birth center thing works out this time, lol!

I've been trying to move around a LOT today. Kind of wore myself out, so now I'm waiting for some of the energy to come back so I can get out for a walk. We'll see if that happens!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #79
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

I've been trying to move around a LOT today. Kind of wore myself out, so now I'm waiting for some of the energy to come back so I can get out for a walk. We'll see if that happens!
that is what I did a few days ago.. BUT I think that is what I 'did' that jump started things.. Well part of it.. dh and I dtd quite a few times .. and I'm sure it helped we both 'enjoyed' our self

On that note.. I feel my 'early' labor is lasing forever.. (really I feel I have been having it for weeks.. but just way more intense now and can tell FOR SURE I am getting somewhere!!) When I get the stronger more painful contractions though I can tell it is doing more and more to cervix.. each time I get them.. I get more of that nasty goober stuff down there. I really did not think there could be more.. but apparently there is!!!
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #80
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaughingPeaMama View Post
Omg it has been rough. We got home yesterday thank goodness but I have been having horrible nerve pain from the epidural and I've been avoiding the narcotic pain meds so I really hurt. Ds also wants to nurse constantly and my milk isn't in so I'm sore. He is also a shallow latcher just like dd and I can't remember how we fixed it last time. May have to call in an lc
There no TT right? See if you can pop lo off and made them open really wide. If you are starting to get sore id def call an ibclc before it gets worse. With yds he had the same thing and the football hold i could get him to latch a lot better even though i hated the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRina View Post
Destiny, thanks for being our cheerleader this morning!!! Made everything eel just a little brighter after reading your positive words!

Leah, I think it's pretty much completely normal to have a more difficult time being "nice Mommy" when you feel like you do. I had the "all up in my ribs" baby for months and now she's super low feelings and makes everything down south so uncomfortable -- but I have to feel for you having both at the same time.

Abbi, I totally admire your persistence! I'm still just letting DD come to bed, but I know that I'm only making it more difficult on myself when babe is here. Not only will I have to figure out how to fit everyone safely in the bed, but my DD is pretty loud at night when she comes in.....sigh. GOOD FOR YOU for being persistent with your gentle redirection. So sorry it's taking such a toll on you though.
Im doing this too with tay He sleeps with us and likes to snuggle to fall asleep he a touchy kid has been since he was born. I havnt even tried to fix it. I guess part of me is gonna miss him being the baby.

AFM i went into the ER tonight for something none preg related. My throat being hurting for days and it turns out it is strep Hoping since i started the amoxy it goes away. I have tried everything i could OTC and nothing has helped. Funny thing is i was having contractions at the hospital but didnt say anything
I started loosing plus at 36 weeks in hunks and it looks like snot.
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote