Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have never CD a newb so I am excited! I am going to do 24 fitteds, 12 prefolds and wool covers (not sure how many...). So far I have stuck with gmd for the diaps and nikky/loveybums for the wool.

I am also going to knit a pair of longies and overalls (maybe romper) for a coming home/pic outfit!

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #12
Heather8183
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: new born stash?

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have almost my entire NB stash done I wanted to start early bc I wanted to do as much in trades as possible. I found A LOT of people who wanted to trade this past week for what I was looking for so I went ahead and did it. I ended up with something like 13 xs bg aios, 2 xs fb, 8 grovia, and 8 lil joeys I think.
ES list IDDDSO Gira Diamonds & Stripes ringsling
Heather8183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My boys were both 8 pounds + and I only CD'ed #2. My FIL was staying with us and kept buying me sposies. I didn't get to use my $500 worth of NB diapers until he left. DS2 was two months old and they didn't fit him long. He was in OS covers within a week or so because I didn't like any of the NB diapers. FIL will come back to live with us in July this year (he is that wonderful!) and I am wondering if I should bother to spend any money on a NB stash. Are third babies bigger than second ones usually? If I finally have a girl I will have to buy new fluff, of course!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #14
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

I'm resisting even looking at nb stuff!!

Both my other kiddos were around the 7-7.5lbs mark and within two weeks were into my small GADs... which I LOVE!!! We pretty much use GADs for daytime from the very beginning right through potty training. I guess that makes me one of those crazy "simple stash" mamas! I'm hoping the fit will still be okay with this LO... my small microfiber inserts are a lot less fluffy than they were with my daughter because she is actually still using them in her mediums...

I have to admit though... I still drool over the tiny dipes just because they are so cute!!

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #15
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

for those who use GADS. There is a mama selling 7 GAD inserts for 17ppd. is that a fair price?

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #16
crysntony
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a little NB stash going:
4 NB Bummis SWW
12 Small flats
10 Small Kissaluvs contours
3 NB Kushies AIO
6 NB Terry fitteds
all bought used except the flats.
So I'll be washing everynight
I'm thinking of tweaking the RRP pattern for a NB/Small flannel pocket-in my free time, lol.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #17
LittleTadpoleDesigns
Registered Users
Formerly: littlest_one
seller

My Mood:

Most of my inserts came with my GADs...
Are they microfibre? I think for the ones I did buy separately, they were around $2ea plus shipping (I'm in Canada so shipping is sometimes more). I'd go for it if they are in good condition. I absolutely LOVE my GADs... if I had the funds I would go back and buy my entire stash brand new! I know I got lucky though that they are the perfect fit for my skinny kids.

Literally... my full diaper stash consists of:
24 small GADS, 18 med GADs, 18 large GADs, 5 large GAD Windpros for at night... and the "odd" ones I've tried for trying to find a night time solution since NO ONE wants to sell their small and med Windpros (Applecheeks and AMPs which are in good condition still so I'll sell if they don't work for this little one... and Ecobumz which hold a TON even though I otherwise don't like them). Simple simple, lol.

My Etsy Shop ~ Get 5% off with "DSFIVE"
Snap Belts for Preschoolers ~ Crocheted Toys ~ Custom Soother & Mitten Clips ~ Nursing Necklaces Facebook

Last edited by LittleTadpoleDesigns; 01-09-2012 at 03:03 PM.
LittleTadpoleDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #18
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

If I recall correctly, GAD inserts are pricey without buying them with a diaper. I only tried hemp, but i liked that it was sewn in a loop so it dried faster.

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #19
tibeca
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I sew my own and can't wait to get my latest batch of elastic so I can get started on my newborns. I'll of course be working on gender neutrals for the next few months, but since I'll need newborn and small size fitteds, I'll need to get at least 50-60 diapers assembled before baby comes. Once I know gender, I will probably also assemble at least a few mediums so I won't feel trapped at my machine once baby comes. Plus when you add in covers, well wow. I almost feel like I should be sewing right now!

I also have a hyena cart store for anyone interested...
http://hyenacart.com/stores/BabyMonkeys/
tibeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #20
babyGmommy
Registered Users
seller

Right now all I have is 4 lil Joey's and 12 new born prefolds I have 7 flips that i'm going to Change the elastic i'm going to look for more nb diapers I'll just Wait till I see something thst catchs my eyes