Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #21
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: new born stash?

I am planning on using softbums Echo. I have looked at lots of pics and they seem to look pretty good on the newbies. I have some for DS so I will be reusing them as well as continuing to buy more. I also just bought a dozen sbish snapless which will fit from 10 pounds. I will also need wool to go over those for the new baby sizes. Overall I will mostly be reusing my OS stuff for the newbie. I didn't start CDing until 6 months with DS so this will be my first time CDing a newborn.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #22
HeatherDanae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm another fan of prefolds when they're newborn. I love using wool, but was never a big fan of it in the summer time. So I don't know what I'll do.
I've tried kissaluvs, thirsties aios, and some other fitteds, but with the amount of poops/pees that you have to change in a newborn, I just liked the easy change of the prefolds. And the fact that they weren't as bulky in my washing machine.

I am soooo tempted to buy the megaroos in the coop going on right now! I kinda want to wait until I know if it's a boy/girl so I can pick colors, but I might just have to buy some of both and just deal with it.

Last edited by HeatherDanae; 01-10-2012 at 11:26 AM.
HeatherDanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

I pretty much just have some flats and no covers!! I sold all my nb wool bc we werent planning on having anymore kids.

Im waiting til i am mo longer on first trimester survival mode before I delve into dipe land!! I can barely get the things that are required immediately done :/
Old 01-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #24
chello
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I've been wanting to buy dipes but i'm making myself wait i have some gn fitteds and AIOs but not a lot. I have some receiving blanket flats too but no covers for a newb.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #25
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb View Post
I am planning on using softbums Echo. I have looked at lots of pics and they seem to look pretty good on the newbies. I have some for DS so I will be reusing them as well as continuing to buy more. I also just bought a dozen sbish snapless which will fit from 10 pounds. I will also need wool to go over those for the new baby sizes. Overall I will mostly be reusing my OS stuff for the newbie. I didn't start CDing until 6 months with DS so this will be my first time CDing a newborn.
We used Omni's with DD and I absolutely hated them. Loved them for my DS when he was older though. I know everyone's different and babies are different, and omnis are different than echos, but just wanted to share. I wanted to love them so bad, but just never did.

We still had DD's nb stash. It is a mixture of lil joey's, xs fb, xs bg, xs thirsties AIOs, and some mini nappis. I'm planning on getting some more lil joey's, some grovia nb, and some of the new swaddlebees nb simplex's. I am in love with the rest of my swaddlebees, so I'm hoping to get a good amount of them.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:44 PM   #26
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the input!!! My SLN is expecting too & I just found out that she is going to use cloth!! surprise surprise!! Her husband was against it when I changed my son @ his house!!
Anyway how do the green mountain prefolds hold up compaired to the Gerber ones( I used the Gerber)??
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #27
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mine are and were:

Lil Joeys! (all my kids have been 6lbs4oz or less)
NB mutts
NB Little Boppers
Oranged Edge GM prefolds
XS Thirstie covers (i don't like the duo size 1 - they are WAY too big)
wool

I will hopefully be getting some MadeWithLove fitteds and AIOs this time around as we use them on our 14mon old and love them

Last edited by eragsdale; 01-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #28
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvallmykids View Post
Thanks for all the input!!! My SLN is expecting too & I just found out that she is going to use cloth!! surprise surprise!! Her husband was against it when I changed my son @ his house!!
Anyway how do the green mountain prefolds hold up compaired to the Gerber ones( I used the Gerber)??
i wouldn't even put them in the same catagory!!! GreenMountains are amazing! I would suggest you find them on FSOT, that way you don't have to worry about prepping them.

Last edited by eragsdale; 01-10-2012 at 07:39 PM.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #29
marthathecakelady
Registered Users
seller
seller

prefolds scare me! I have this pretty embellished prefold with those lovely hearts(the ones you see all the time on fitteds)... it is bamboo and and the knit and velour. and I only use it to stuff pockets!!

My facebook "fan" page
marthathecakelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #30
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went searching yesterday and found 24 GMD orange-edge prefolds and one lone small prorap that is usable. I also found a hand-full of covers I got off FSOT that said, "like new" and when they came to me the elastic was crunchy. I kept them b/c I was going to replace the elastic. I haven't.

prefolds are easy, peasy to use. Speaking of gerbers, the clothes closet at church brings me any diaper-related items they find. I got several old curity flats (that are still awesome) and a handful of L Nicki covers (that still work) that way. Yesterday it was a bag of gerber prefolds. Some of them have been embroidered for use as burp cloths.

I don't need them-I have 24 econobums, 24 GMD yellows, and 24 GMD oranges. Plus 2 dozen gerber flats and 12 or 18 LL flats. Do you think anyone would like the un-embroidered ones FFS on FSOT?