Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2012, 09:18 AM   #21
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:
Re: For those who have had their water break..

mine didn't break until right before pushing.

When I got to the midwife after a full day of labor at home, I was 7.5 cm with a bulging bag she said. It broke and hour or 2 after she checked me.

Couldn't feel that it was going to happen or when it did...just felt a gush.

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #22
katie-momto4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my 3rd pregnancy I wasn't having any contractions, no warning whatsoever. We were just lying in bed watching a movie and it started leaking out. I was so surprised I didn't know what was happening. I said to DH..."either my water just broke or I'm peeing myself and I can't stop!" I stood in the shower for half and hour and it just kept flowing out. I thought it was never going to stop.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #23
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

I was laying in bed watching TV and I felt a pop. It was a gusher. No warning ahead of time that anything was happening.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #24
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm kind of hoping for a gusher rather than a leak if the water breaks with this one. I'd rather get it over with all at one time.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #25
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeuhhh View Post
I'm kind of hoping for a gusher rather than a leak if the water breaks with this one. I'd rather get it over with all at one time.
me too! I am just so worried as to where it will happen this time lol. Why did that not bother me last time?

My midwife said she had a mama who would grab a jar of pickles anytime she walked into a store. She said that if her water broke, she would drop the jar and run out! Too bad that would look really funny in home depot or somewhere lol
Old 01-10-2012, 04:40 AM   #26
MarathonMess
Registered Users

My Mood:

With my first, my water broke while I was heading to the bathroom at home. I heard a sudden pop and it started gushing like mad. I had to keep walking around with a towel between my legs all the way to triage. I even had to load the car like that because my DH was completely freaking out. The look on my neighbor's face was priceless.

With my second, they broke my waters after I had received all my antibiotics for GBS. The nurse told me to relax for a few hours, but my DH came after less than an hour.
MarathonMess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:49 AM   #27
mrsashleyo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarathonMess
With my first, my water broke while I was heading to the bathroom at home. I heard a sudden pop and it started gushing like mad. I had to keep walking around with a towel between my legs all the way to triage. I even had to load the car like that because my DH was completely freaking out. The look on my neighbor's face was priceless.
Haha oh gosh that cracks me up. I can just see this happening!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:20 AM   #28
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
lol! i only have three pairs of pants that fit me right now and i'm having a time keeping up with washing them so i'm sure to have something to wear if my water breaks! funny
I only one pair that doesn't leave red marks besides two pair of pj bottoms. If I get any bigger I won't have any. I hope I start contractions before my water breaks. I was reading yesterday it could take up to two days before contractions start after your water breaking. As long as the water is clear and you don't get a fever this is fine. When I went with ds 2 they started talking about pitocian after 12 hours. I know if I wait for two days they will give me a hard time. So, I'm really hoping my water doesn't break until I'm having good contractions.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #29
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstategirl View Post
I only one pair that doesn't leave red marks besides two pair of pj bottoms. If I get any bigger I won't have any. I hope I start contractions before my water breaks. I was reading yesterday it could take up to two days before contractions start after your water breaking. As long as the water is clear and you don't get a fever this is fine. When I went with ds 2 they started talking about pitocian after 12 hours. I know if I wait for two days they will give me a hard time. So, I'm really hoping my water doesn't break until I'm having good contractions.
yep that's what happened with my 2nd dd. water broke and 48 hrs later i had not really started labor, so i had to go in for pitocin. she did let me go as long as she possibly could- i'd be so frustrated if i could only go 12 hours.