Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Luke Andrew 1/6/12

Dh is holding Luke so I have some time to give a quick run down of Luke's entry into the world.

At 1 am Friday I got up to go to the bathroom got back in bed and laid down. I was just about asleep when I heard pop pop with what felt like 2 taps. Then I felt warm fluid and it kept coming and coming and coming. I finally realized what was going on and woke up Robert. Of course he was more than thrilled that I was waking him up at almost 2 am for another baby LOL

I went to the bathroom to change and called my mw and doula. My mw said to try and get some sleep before my contractions started. Of course I posted here and then got every thing ready so I could lay down. Contractions started and I couldn't sleep so at around 3ish I called my mw as they were about 4 min apart. Called my doula and they headed over. Sent dh to the store for some gatorade which I hadn't picked up yet. Doula got there about 330 (she is a good 25 min away). She suggested I eat something so I made some oatmeal. At about 345 mw arrived. I started having more frequent contractions so after everything was set up we all laid down and tried to rest. Contractions were picking up and so my doula started giving me warm wet rags to place under my belly. I finally had to get up on my knees and drap over the ball. I started having more pain in my back. I think because he was so dang big. I asked mw to check me around 5 and I was 4 and about 80% effaced so I hung over the all some more and asked her to check me again about 6:30. I was really thin almost 100% and only 4 1/2 but she said I could go ahead and get in the tub. I got in the tub and it was nice for a while but about 745 I had to get out. I was getting hot and it just wasn't comfy anymore. I went to the bathroom and went and laid down in the bed on my left side.I was able to get some rest in between contractions mw checked again and I was 6 cm and completely effaced. Sometime between 745 and about 815 ish I went from 6 -9. Then I needed to push shortly after that and my body just took over. Mw was shocked at how fast I dilated. (I did this too with my other boys but wasn't sure if it was the epidural or what). So I pushed on my left side about 5 pushes and he was out. I remember screaming to get him out. At 827 our third beautiful son was born with a head full of dark hair. No tears just a few skid marks. He was 9lbs 13 oz and 21 1/2 inches long.

I'm not gonna lie it hurt! Just for pushing and I have been moving around so much easier. I have enjoyed being at home eating and sleeping with no one to bother me. No massive amounts of swelling from being over loaded with fluids. My milk is starting to come in and for the first time I am not engorged. I did nearly pass out in the bathroom the first time I got up to go to the bathroom. I wanted to shower and it was just to much to soon. Got back in bed and I was fine. I feel great today. Still a little sore but not bad.

Luke is just perfect. he looks nothing like his brothers who just adore him. Of course they all look different. Dominic made me so sad tonight though. he didn't want me to put him to bed. I just started bawling. It hurt my feelings so bad! I have been trying to pay attention to him but I guess not enough?

We have to take Luke to the pedi monday. nervous about what she says about him being born at home. She is a sweet lady (I work with her at the hospital) and I dont think she will blink an eye but you never know. He needs his PKU and hearing I guess.

Any way little man is waking to eat. I know I probably have times wrong (my doula took notes and i haven't gotten back from her) but its as best as I can remember.

Advertisement

Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Luke Andrew 1/6/12

Great birthstory! Congrats mama!
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!! How lucky to have a homebirth!
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 06:38 AM   #4
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats mama! I'm glad everything went so well!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats! I agree it is so nice to be home, able to move around and not pumped full of stuff.
What a big boy!!
Old 01-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #7
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats on your little, well not so little man
Old 01-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #8
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DDC to say congrats on your healthy baby How does he look different than the others?
Old 01-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #9
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

congrats mama! Not a super fast labor, but not a super long one either. I hope I will go about that time...plenty for the midwife to get here but not crazy long. And yes, what a big boy!!! I saw the one pic you posted in the chat earlier, a cute alert little guy. And he got the birthday I was hoping for
Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #10
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

great story congrats!
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote