Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Schneckj34
Registered Users
seller

3 wk old peeing through bg xs?

Help!! FTM here.. My LO was 8-1 at birth and is fairly slim in legs and tummy.. We've got a great fit with the xs BG.. BUT he keeps peeing out of them.. He cluster BF's alot and I think it's just too much urine. (bang head) the smalls are gapping around legs and leak as well.. Although not as bad.. Any ideas.. Doublers?? Wishing I did PF's and covers.. Or bought Nanas bottoms.. They are so much more trim in the small size.. Anyone know turn around time for her to make Nanas?? I've only bought used.. sorry lots of ?'s!!

Advertisement

Schneckj34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
colin-mylilguy
Registered Users
seller

Re: 3 wk old peeing through bg xs?

I think nanas bottoms are about a 2 week turn around time from order to delivered. Someone correct me if I'm off.

I'd see if adding a small doubler might help - maybe a trim little bamboo/cotton soaker? You probably need something that absorbs quickly, so that wouldn't be hemp or bamboo alone but if it has cotton on top it should work and the hemp and bamboo hold a lot of liquid.

Just a question - Are the diapers totally prepped? Is there any way they aren't fully prepped or maybe have some sort of build up from ointment or something? Just thinking out loud.

GL Mama!
Old 01-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #3
BldrArch
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You might have to go up to smalls...at the same time, I've been hearing this a lot lately about the XS's (re:leaking) and wonder if there's something else going on with them in general. This has me nervous as they worked great on my DD when she was a NB. I have 6 XS from a seconds sale that I'll be using on my new arrival and hope they work.

Another question: Are they soaked? Or do you think it's possible they have build up and the fluid isn't actually getting absorbed but rolling off?

Red Dog | Studio

Cloth Diapers, Layette Sets, Children's wares and more. Handcrafted in Boulder, CO
Etsy | Free US Shipping
Please take my diapering cost survey!
BldrArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
MadeofStarStuff
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cotton babies has preemie prefolds for $1 & free shipping. You could try a couple & see if they work-- trifold them & fold down & lay in the BG XS with a fleece liner over top for the stay-dry feel. You can make a cheap fleece liner by cutting any fleece blanket or material to size, no sewing required, since it doesn't fray.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #5
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

My LO grew out of them around the same time.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
Schneckj34
Registered Users
seller

Thanks mamas!! I'm pretty sure they are fully prepped... he does soak them completely.. I did think of build up as we use coconut oil on his bottom.. but it happened so fast after buying them i doubted this.. I've been thinking and i'm prob gonna sell them.. I do have bamboo doublers.. but they wouldnt fit,, and as someone pointed out i think i need something quick absorbing. I would hate to waste more money on making them work.. as i doubt they would last a month more even...
Old 01-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

BG AIOs are MF so they don't need to be prepped (only natural fibers do). I've read that many babies outgrow the absorbency in those dipes before they outgrow the size. I think it's worth investing $12-$24 in preemie prefolds. If you don't want to use them in the XSs, you can use them in the smalls to fill in the gaps since they're big on him. And they make great doublers, burp clothes, etc. It's impossible to waste a prefold.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #8
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My baby is 4 wk and 8.8 lbs. We moved up to smalls bc he was peeing threw the xs. He is a super soaker bc he eats steady. Good news is he is starting to fit some o/s. I have tried bge & grovias os and they fit.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
Stamina
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just a thought to get a little more life out of your BG XS. Have you tried adding a folded washcloth or cloth wipe as a doubler? That might be just enough to get you by. I use GroVia wipes and one fits perfectly inside folded in half.
Stamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
Schneckj34
Registered Users
seller

Yeah maybe I'll try the wipe inserted during day.. How many washes to prep premmie prefolds if I go that option? Or maybe I can find used.. Gonna look now!! Thanks mamas. I love cloth .. Can't wait till he fits one sizes well'n