Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

Location: Cali Born and Raised But Transplanted To Albany Oregon...
My Mood:
Non Vaxing, Selective Vaxing?

So first off I want to say please don't make this a debate I am really just wanting to learn some about this subject.

I have had all my kids vaccinated but my last two have only been up till about 17 months then 9 months. We started moving and all hell broke loose and I have yet to make appointments with the Dr's up here for their check ups but as it is we are behind on out vaccines. I have really been thinking about not even having them get any more vaccines but at the same time I am not sure the in's and out's of it all.

So what were the reasons you chose to not vax or selective vax? Can you link me some stuff so I can read up on it? I would look around my own but I am not sure what is a good place to be looking and what is crap really

I just want to make the most informative choices when it comes to my kids and when we go to the Dr's I want to have a good argument as to why we choose not to vax if that is the way we choose to go.

Advertisement

Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Aub's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #2
NikiG
Registered Users
seller

Read Dr Sears The Vaccine Book. It talks about all the kinds, what they're for, if they're necessary, etc...
NikiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:43 PM   #3
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Non Vaxing, Selective Vaxing?

Why do you need an argument about not vaxing your kids? If that is the case, I think you need a new doctor.

Personally I think vaxes are like peanuts; some people die from them, but they aren't dangerous for everyone.

There really is a lot of conflicting research. For instance, Lots of people think the MMR vaccines causes autism. Yet even in countries that delayed or changed their MMR vaccine schedules and separated the vaccines, the autism rate rose anyway. And ive seen surveys in which kids who do and do not have autism have about the same vax rates.

Do vaccine cause injuries in some people? I'm sure they do. But so do naturally acquired illnesses. It's just about weighing the pros and cons for your family. Because honestly, the info out there is all contradictory.

We're not up to date with our vaxes and they don't give me a hard time about it. But they do ask about it Everytime I go in. Last time DS had the tummy bug and Was really sick, and the nurse asked if we wanted to get his vaxes right there and then. Um... No, thanks!

Last edited by *Peanut*; 01-08-2012 at 07:44 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #4
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
Why do you need an argument about not vaxing your kids? If that is the case, I think you need a new doctor.

Personally I think vaxes are like peanuts; some people die from them, but they aren't dangerous for everyone.

There really is a lot of conflicting research. For instance, Lots of people think the MMR vaccines causes autism. Yet even in countries that delayed or changed their MMR vaccine schedules and separated the vaccines, the autism rate rose anyway. And ive seen surveys in which kids who do and do not have autism have about the same vax rates.

Do vaccine cause injuries in some people? I'm sure they do. But so do naturally acquired illnesses. It's just about weighing the pros and cons for your family. Because honestly, the info out there is all contradictory.

We're not up to date with our vaxes and they don't give me a hard time about it. But they do ask about it Everytime I go in. Last time DS had the tummy bug and Was really sick, and the nurse asked if we wanted to get his vaxes right there and then. Um... No, thanks!

Cause this will be a new Dr and I won't know them. I want to be able to go in there knowing what I am talking about. We have state insurance so I know they are gonna throw a fit if we choose not to vax. I won't have a choice to see another Dr so were gonna be stuck with this one. I want to be sure I am as informed as I can be going in to the appointment.
Aubree, Proud Mama To 7 Little Hellion's, Wife To My Sexy Baker Tyler Crunchy, Tattooed, Pierced, Dreddy, Baby Wearing, Extended Rear Facing, AP Parenting, Circumcising, No Longer Vaxing, Mama To An Autistic/ADHD Boy And Dam Proud Of It
Old 01-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #5
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aub's View Post
Cause this will be a new Dr and I won't know them. I want to be able to go in there knowing what I am talking about. We have state insurance so I know they are gonna throw a fit if we choose not to vax. I won't have a choice to see another Dr so were gonna be stuck with this one. I want to be sure I am as informed as I can be going in to the appointment.
That isn't right. you can always use the, "my kids have had horrible reactions" excuse.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #6
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
That isn't right. you can always use the, "my kids have had horrible reactions" excuse.
I could but I really don't want to have to lie to their Dr, I would love to have a good relationship with them and be comfortable to tell them our choices when it comes to our children.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

So, the first question is - if you have always fully vaxed - why are you wanting to stop vaxxing now?

Is there something that worries you that could be your starting point?
Old 01-08-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Aub's
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have just been hearing so much stuff about vaxing and the side affects. I am just wanting some info on the pros and cons.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
z2akids
Registered Users
seller

Okay, but what have you been hearing? Where is the information coming from?

I would start with the CDC's website. Here you can find information regarding the vaccines, side effects (which are generally very rare and almost always benign), diseases and more. While there are people who do not like the CDC website, and think the CDC is not a reliable source, you have to make that judgment for yourself.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #10
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by z2akids View Post
Okay, but what have you been hearing? Where is the information coming from?

I would start with the CDC's website. Here you can find information regarding the vaccines, side effects (which are generally very rare and almost always benign), diseases and more. While there are people who do not like the CDC website, and think the CDC is not a reliable source, you have to make that judgment for yourself.
This is a good place to start, because this is what your doctor is going to go by (usually), and not say, dr. Mercola's website.

You can also go to the vaccine manufacturers websites, if you want to know who makes vaccines with mercury and stuff like that.

Anyone can report a "side effect" of a vaccine on websites, even though they have no proof of the causation. so, I wouldn't use those websites as research.

Another misconception is that companies make vaccines because they are money hungry. (that is another reason for declining that doctors won't respect.) Actually now the government has to subsidize the manufacture of vaccines, because there is no profit in it. I'll try to find a link.