Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #11
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone regret/change their mind about nursing their baby all night while co sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsissy View Post
we need to start our own local group!
Too funny!!!

We had another crazy night of waking every few hours.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #12
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes. My DD1 woke up 20 or more times a night for a boob in her mouth for 13 months. This is why I get up and rock DD2 to sleep instead of lay in bed with her (she does bedshare though). That was the most miserable year of my life.

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #13
Connor
Registered Users
seller

I don't regret it one bit. I'm actually on the other end. Before DS was born I had plans that he would sleep in his crib, waking a couple times a night to nurse back to sleep, and just be an "easy" baby. That wasn't his plan or God's plan and it opened my heart to a completely different way of parenting, and I am SO THANKFUL for that. God is very good <3

Ok, sorry We still co-sleep at 27 months and my DS nurses every 3-4 hours at night. When he is ready for his own bed he'll let me know, and I will be quite sad about it, lol.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #14
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

No. Waking up briefly to put a boob in her mouth doesn't bother me, but then again im not a light sleeper. I know she wakes several times at night but I don't know how often.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Anyone regret/change their mind about nursing their baby all night while co sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
No. Waking up briefly to put a boob in her mouth doesn't bother me, but then again im not a light sleeper. I know she wakes several times at night but I don't know how often.
Same here.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #16
ikitakunai
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor View Post
I don't regret it one bit. I'm actually on the other end. Before DS was born I had plans that he would sleep in his crib, waking a couple times a night to nurse back to sleep, and just be an "easy" baby. That wasn't his plan or God's plan and it opened my heart to a completely different way of parenting, and I am SO THANKFUL for that. God is very good <3
This exactly.

With my son I had no idea how babies worked. I kept trying to sleep him in his crib, but by the time I went back to work at 12 weeks and he reverse-cycled, I gave up and started co-sleeping full-time. A little after 2 years he transitioned to his mattress on the floor, then after a couple months night-weaned with a tiny bit of guidance, then a couple months later moved to his own room. None of it was a huge battle in the end, even though he has never been a "good" sleeper and still wakes up lots of nights at 3.5. There were plenty of months (years) he woke up to nurse every hour. All babies are different and that was his personality.

I have been co-sleeping with 3mo DD since the night she was born. She likes to sleep a little more than her brother. She has a few nights when she's up more or nursing more often, but also nights when she can sleep hours straight (such as shock after DS!) so I am very well rested and don't mind night-nursing one bit.

Maybe it's easy to say since I'm currently in an "easier" stretch, but I still don't regret any of it. I am very content with how it all played out, because it fit what my particular kids needed. I just think it's so much easier to co-sleep and nurse on demand at night than having to get out of bed or hear crying!!
BF #1-31mos / #2-29mos & counting
ikitakunai is offline   Reply With Quote