Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Jackandbennysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Heart murmur

My lo is going to a cardiologist and I am so terrified! His ped heard a heart murmur for his 6 month well chck and now his 9 month well check! She wants us to see a spevialist because she is worried its something more than...a healing itself type thing! Anyone else with this?? Please help me calm my nerves. Thanks mamas!

Advertisement

Just a Mama living with her prince charmings<3 Wife to my handsome man Matt and mama to my 2 VERY wild, but perfect boys, Jack (3/7/2008) and Benny (3/30/2011) expecting our third boy Brody (7/31/2013)
Jackandbennysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son had a murmur and it was discovered he had a congenital defect called severe pulmonary stenosis. He had surgery at 4 months.

A lot of children have murmurs. Actually I have had a good 6-7 friends ask me about our experience because they had the same type of thing happen to them, as to you. All of them were fine

My sons condition is managed and he will be a normal adult you can simply google it. He's valve was malformed. Grossly malformed and tightening. They went in and basically ripped it open.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #3
mkekaty
Registered Users
seller

Re: Heart murmur

Doctors found my heart murmur at age 14 and I have yearly echocardiograms to monitor it. I have a minor aortic stenosis, and around the age of 40 I'll have to have heart surgery. They told me about surgery when I was young, and have stuck to the diagnosis. Good luck!!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
Crunchysinglemama21
Same user as Elijahsmomma20 2/7/12 If waiting on items, File with paypal.Do not B/T with! Ignoring contact!
seller

Doctors found my sons murmur at 3 months old. He is having surgery when he is 2 to correct the hole. Just take a deep breath, some murmurs are more common than you think. Its very hard to hear especially about the little person that you gave birth too, but just remember he/she is going to be alright!
Crunchysinglemama21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Jackandbennysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks ladies! You have all made me feel so much better! I was so paranoid about everything...he had RSV and had to take a neb. I was sure that would hurt his heart....ughhhh....and I hate that I look online for everything....it always states the worst! Thanks again mamas! Even if he does have a defect, to know he can live a normal healthy life is all i want
Just a Mama living with her prince charmings<3 Wife to my handsome man Matt and mama to my 2 VERY wild, but perfect boys, Jack (3/7/2008) and Benny (3/30/2011) expecting our third boy Brody (7/31/2013)
Old 01-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:

Both of my girls have had heart murmurs, and they both saw a cardiologist, and both of them were benign. From what I understand, benign heart murmurs are really common in babies, and they almost always outgrow it. Its good to have it checked out, though, because like the PP's, sometimes the murmurs are not benign. GL!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
Jackandbennysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Minnie! Thanks! What do they do at the appointment? Do they have to do an echo? Or just listen?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:28 PM   #8
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackandbennysmama
Minnie! Thanks! What do they do at the appointment? Do they have to do an echo? Or just listen?
They do an echo.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Jackandbennysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
They do an echo.
Oh man! . And I bet they sedate them too!?! I used to work at a hospital...and hated seeing kiddos sedated...I can only imagine how I will feel about my own son!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #10
Jackandbennysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well like you said Minnie! Its better to see! I will be strong for my little guy! Ill update once we have the appointment! Thanks again ladies!