Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #21
My3Sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly chat Jan 9-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82 View Post
Oh and btw I'm so excited for Jessica Simpsons maternity line that comes out in feb. I love her normal fashion line and I'm excited for some cute maternity clothes!!
I am also excited for her line! Just in time for tax return too.

Advertisement

~SAHM to William 12-07-2004 , Isaac Thomas 5-23-06 , born at home Ashton Xavier-Lee 3-5-2008 , and Collin Samuel,10-01-10. with #5. Wife to my Air National Guard husand who is the greatest father ever.
Hip Clips by Mandi

My3Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #22
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Martha, I totally understand. I'm having a *really* hard time today. The crampiness, which was very mild and lasted less than an hour, set me off and I called my RE's office but still waiting to hear back. I'm really starting to panic, but for no real reason. I keep begging for terrible MS or something. My boobs were huring a bit, but it comes and goes. Nausea comesand goes. the tiredness is constant. I almost want to call me RE's office again, butdon't want to be annoying. Besides, what would I say? "my cramps stopped but I'm still panicking for some reason. Can I get an ultrasound tomorrow just to ease my mind?" ugh.

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
jc12551
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I jinxed myself-I had a horrible nightmare last night!

I choked down some white rice in the cafeteria today. The smell of the curry was making me gag. When he was done serving DH came and set down with a BIG bowl of it right next to me to eat blech! Then he ate tapioca pudding in front of me and all I could think was fish eyes! I am surviving off of Fresca and peppermint candy right now. Counting down the next hour so I can go home.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #24
Christina
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Smells, OMG yes! I cannot stand the smell of anything right now. We have a Pug who just stinks to high heaven and every time he comes in the room I have to leave - ugh he just smells awful!

I don't have a problem with morning sickness or anything making me sick. Since my gastric bypass 6 years ago my new stomach doesn't get queasy. No heartburn either.

I definitely get cravings though and even though I'm on a low fat diet for my gall bladder I can't help but crave fried rice right now. I want some so bad!!
I've also been craving citrus like crazy and at least I can eat as much of that as I want.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #25
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Ladies it is really hard for me to keep up but I love reading what all of you have to say! I am trying really!!! I am glad to have such a great group of ladies to be preg with. I have been really sick still. It is really hard to function normally. In the lobby of our hospital (where I have to go for my apts.) there is a smoothie stand and I found slowly sipping that this morning REALLY helped. It was more tart than sweet and seemed to really ease the nausea that before that was overwhelming. Its really hard for me to even function as bad as I feel but DH thinks maybe it is the vitamins so I will be picking up a diff brand today. I have doubts it will help but I am hoping it will.

I have issues with smells too. The weirdest thing is my hair conditioner. I never minded the smell before but now every time I use it I think it smells just terrible.

I had my first U/S and nurse intake apt today. I got to see a lot of the nurses and staff that I came to know well with my last pregnancy. They were excited to see I was back and it was definitely nice to see all of them. I hope I don't have to see them all a few times a week like with the last pregnancy but it is nice to know so many of them so well and that they remember. It feels good to be in a group that cares so much. There is one nurse I don't like too much but there always is..... She is not bad at her job just a little more rough around the edges and less friendly than the rest. ANYWAYS they did an U/S and everything looked great. We saw the baby's heartbeat and it it was 175 bpm. They looked at everything really closely and it all looked really good. No bleeds and only one baby which is a good thing since I have trouble holding onto one baby. I am 8 weeks 1 day according the to U/S.

Well I will leave it at that since this is getting so long
Old 01-09-2012, 03:21 PM   #26
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82
Oh and btw I'm so excited for Jessica Simpsons maternity line that comes out in feb. I love her normal fashion line and I'm excited for some cute maternity clothes!!
:-o this is very exciting! I didn't know about it! Where will it be available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG's baby mama

Started taking more folic acid yesterday. Everywhere I read about twins over the weekend stated docs prefer 1000-4000mcg per day. I only added 800-1600 to my day, but I'll ask my CNM if anymore is necessary.

Hope everyone has an easy day.
Where do you buy your folic acid? I can never find any (aside from added to prenatals)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSimplyNM
I'm still on vacation in Oregon. We told all the grandparents and they are all pretty excited. I bought myself a belly band yesterday and I love it so far. I keep getting comments that I shouldn't be showing yet. I haven't gained weight so I don't know what they think it is and I am not appreciating the comments. It's not like it's something I can control. I'm still pretty nervous about my lack of morning sickness. I only get a little queasy if I go too long without eating. I cannot wait until the 23rd when I can see the baby and know that everything is ok.
Somedays I already have to use my belly band too! It's not always that my pants won't button, but having the waistband dig into my belly makes me super nauseous :-/ The Belly Band and Beband make everything so much more comfortable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flarmonster
Hello all!

I hear what you are all saying about the super nose. I feel like I am smelling EVERYTHING! At least it is winter. Here in the city, the garbage on the streets smells awful in the summer.
ick! Your description alone makes me sick! Gross!! Where do you live?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymom2b
Martha, I totally understand. I'm having a *really* hard time today. The crampiness, which was very mild and lasted less than an hour, set me off and I called my RE's office but still waiting to hear back. I'm really starting to panic, but for no real reason. I keep begging for terrible MS or something. My boobs were huring a bit, but it comes and goes. Nausea comesand goes. the tiredness is constant. I almost want to call me RE's office again, butdon't want to be annoying. Besides, what would I say? "my cramps stopped but I'm still panicking for some reason. Can I get an ultrasound tomorrow just to ease my mind?" ugh.
This is EXACTLY how I had been feeling! Thursday night I was sobbing on the couch, certain I wasn't pregnant anymore. Friday I started feeling crummier and I've been much happier (but sicker) since! I'm still nowhere as bad as most of the ladies here, but the bouts of nausea make me feel a little better. I hope you feel better (or worse!) soon!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
crunchymom2b
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks Allie! I hope you get some peace of mind soon!

I did end up calling my RE's office, with that exact message, and wow, have I hit the jackpot with this office. The assistant called back and said she completely understood why I was worried and if I wanted I could cert. have an earlier ultrasound, but did say I'd see more developement with the one on Monday. And I could redo my betas, even though mine were great from before. I decided to have another beta done tomorrow....if that comes back good I'll try to hang in until Monday. If it doesn't, then well. Yeah. As much as I'd love an u/s right now I know it could be too early to see much so I'd rather wait until we're sure we'll see/hear a heartbeat. I'll be 7wks exactly monday (possibly 6wks depending on conception).

Now, my regular OB/midwives office? They wouldhave laughed in my face.

mmreb, have you tried the smoothies at mcdonalds? I love them and the berry one is more tart than sweet. Might be an option for you! Feel better!

Alycia + Tom = 2 Labor Day babies! Tommy (9/09) + Vinny (9/12)
Under construction: unexpectedly expecting in 2015!
crunchymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:41 PM   #28
luvallmykids
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah for all the good reports today!!

With my 2nd PG I was more sick than the first time around & I went through alot of shampoo's till my MS was over!!
luvallmykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #29
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbreb
In the lobby of our hospital (where I have to go for my apts.) there is a smoothie stand and I found slowly sipping that this morning REALLY helped. It was more tart than sweet and seemed to really ease the nausea that before that was overwhelming.
When I was pregnant with Joey I stopped at a smoothie shop every morning! Since I stay home now (and we live far away from town) I blend equal parts vanilla yogurt and orange juice. It does the trick! Sometimes I put a banana and another fruit in, too, if I am ambitious.

This thread sure moves!

---------------------------------
Meg, mama to Joey (2/2010) and one on the way due in Aug!
Old 01-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #30
NorwexMa
Registered Users
seller

I went to the Dr last week too b/c i was feeling cramping. I kinda knew it was normal, but I actually felt good the day before, and cooked and cleaned, and moved a desk (yeah, dumb I know) so I was beating myself up b/c I overdid it. So I went in for peace of mind I guess.

My nose is super sensitive too. Sometimes I comment on smells, then tell myself to shut up b/c it's still a secret :-) My mom was really sweet and brought me a plate of food to work the other day, and I opened it to get the sweets out, and smelled the rice/sausage bake, and about lost it! Sausage smell was not a good thing. I fed it to the dog at home, then returned her plate and told her it was good . I'll fess up when we share the news .

And taste, well, I can eat more foods now, but last night I had some snack at Grandma's, and the chocoalte tasted 'fake' or low quality. REALLY??? It's chocolate! And I couldn't finish it

I feel so sorry for mama's that can't keep anything down. I really don't have it too bad

I enjoy being thrifty green with Norwex! http://leahrus.norwex.biz
NorwexMa is offline   Reply With Quote