View Poll Results: if you could use month baby born
Spring (March-May) 68 66.67%
Summer (June-August) 12 11.76%
Fall (September-November) 12 11.76%
Winter (December-February) 10 9.80%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #11
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:
Re: if you could choose when baby is born

i picked Spring as well. I have a spring and a fall baby. I looooooooooove my April baby. It's still a little chilly and rainy when you're in your 2-week recovery period, which is fine. Then summer comes and the baby's getting old enough to enjoy being outside and have summer fun. Fall was AWFUL for me. We had the hottest heat-spell in 30 years in July and August and it was MISERABLE being hugely pregnant! If i have any say in how the next pregnancy's go, I'm having a June, March, and May baby!!

Advertisement

Catherine Grace (6)
John Gabriel (4)
Laura Josephine (1)
newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Spring! The first couple months we're indoors a lot, by the time I'd like to get out and moving it would be warm summer! By then I'd feel comfortable applying a little bit of natural sunscreen and spending the days outside. Having a summer baby will be hard (i'll be afraid of baby overheating or becoming sunburnt! ) and having a newborn in the dead of winter isn't the best because it's too cold to take them anywhere.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #13
mama23boyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Fall (September-November)

I live in a tourist area and when I work it is seasonal. DS1 was born in Feb and I went back to work when he was three months old. Breastfeeding was not as successful as I would have liked since I could never pump at work waiting tables. W/ DS2 and 3, I made sure they were born late fall/early winter so I would have more time home w/ them. I actually haven't worked after DS3 was born, though. This last was not planned and will be born in April.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think the end of May, beginning of June would be ideal. Def. no more snow or cold weather and I don't have to be huge during the summer. My first was an early September baby....which is great if you want to be enormous ALL SUMMER LONG! But my other two are June babies and that was much better, maybe only a week or two of super hot and humid weather where I live by that point. I just really don't want to have a baby like Jan/ Feb. and feel cooped up in the house w/ the cold and snow. I already have a hard time with winter and that would just make me crazy!
Old 01-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #15
deezee02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Late summer...have early October, late august and late July babies...July and august were planned after the October.

Being in all winter makes me ready to go out once babe is older! Plus gives me time to lose the baby weight before the next summer!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum
Old 01-09-2012, 03:09 PM   #16
SashaE80
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd say Sept/October. DS is may, and the next one is the end of July, I do worry about how little they will be when they start school. I think there are definitely advantages if you start school older in your year.
SashaE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:03 PM   #17
bluemoonbutterfly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

First two where winter babies(Feb) and third was a fall baby(Nov). I am that this baby will be a summer baby(June). DH's birthday is in June and we planned(glad it worked out) for a baby in June.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #18
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Beginning of may was perfect with ds. I have not been fond of my timing of this one as far as the pregnancy goes (first tri during the sweltering heat, big and uncomfortable during the holidays), but I like when her birthday will be.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

when i was teaching...i wanted to try to get pg in july, aug, sept...that never worked out!! and i learned after months and months of trying to "time it right" to just leave it up to the Lord!! He knows what's best for me and my family!!
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #20
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Spring. No second/third trimester in the heat

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote