View Poll Results: if you could use month baby born
Spring (March-May) 68 66.67%
Summer (June-August) 12 11.76%
Fall (September-November) 12 11.76%
Winter (December-February) 10 9.80%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #21
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: if you could choose when baby is born

I think its funny you posted this because this is what Im hoping to do with the next baby . I think itd be great to have the baby born in the Fall because s/he could start school shortly after becoming eligible, however, I dont think it would be worth being 9 months pregnant in the late summer! So, I voted Spring...primarily because I wouldnt have to be 9 months pregnant in the depths of Summer. And, because the weather would be nice, I could take baby on walks :-) I had DS the last week of August....in South Carolina....so Im a little traumatized about being in my last trimester during the summer!

Advertisement

Old 01-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would want a winter/spring baby. I do not want to be very big pregnant in summer if at all possible. My DD was due 1/14..came 12/26. Most of my pregnancies were due in Dec or Jan actually.
I would like more late Jan to End of April for EDD.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think spring would be best. We are due march 5th with this one and I am excited. DD was born in December so it was a LONG winter!!! I think we will really enjoy the first summer and like a PP said by 3/4 months I am comfortable with sunscreen and going to the beach but wouldn't do that with a newborn.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:47 PM   #24
KandFsMomma
Registered Users
Formerly: keirinsmomma
seller

My Mood:

I say spring. DD was born is March, DS 2 weeks later in April. Mostly I just loved NOT being largely pregnant in the hot summer!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #25
dogmom327
Registered Users
seller

All my kids have been/are due the same week in July and so far both have been born the same week in June (we'll see if this one breaks the pattern). I love it that way. Group birthday parties!
dogmom327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:35 PM   #26
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

May. May is the best month where I live. It's not too hot, not too cold, it's just perfect. I tried for May with ds2 but he was born middle of April, which is still a good month, however it's pretty unpredictable. Sometimes we still have snow in April and sometimes it's hot. ds1 was born in the beginning of July and it was 100 degrees that day he was born. But the good part about summer birthdays is more options to have a party at. We usually do the park with a BBQ.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #27
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Spring. I hate being pregnant in the heat of summer. Also, our school year goes from jan-dec. I like my kids not being the oldest or youngest in their class.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #28
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

I voted spring but honestly, I'd really love a May baby...the time of year is perfect here...no longer cold or even chilly but not so hot that it's sweaty or uncomfy....perfect month for outdoor bday parties too. Then again, I'm a May baby myself so I might be biased LOL
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #29
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

I would love a fall/winter baby. We don't get snow so the cold is perfect for winter snuggly babywearing. However, I have 2 August babies and a March baby and I felt ao much better with my March baby then the August ones... And this one is due in July. However it is great for the school year, I will have a month after school is over to wrap up baby projects and a month afterwards to rest up before we hit the books again. God really does know best
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:46 AM   #30
MyLovely
Registered Users

Early spring. I hate being hot (and everyone says it's a million times worse while pregnant), so I wouldn't want to be hugely pregnant in the summer. Winter seems like it would be a lot of hassle, dealing with a tiny newborn and snow and such. If baby were born in early March, it'd probably be late March by the time you'd be up for going all the time, by which time you wouldn't need bulky winter gear. At the same time, the baby wouldn't be tiny in the depths of summer heat, and by the time winter came around, they'd definitely not be tiny.

At the same time though, I'd also love to have a baby born on my birthday in August. My brother's daughter was born on his birthday, it's such a special bond.