Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #1
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Favorite bib suggestion...?

Do you have a bib suggestion for when your DC first starts self feeding? My DD is a disaster! I have oxi-cleaned more clothes than I care to at this point! I take her shirt off and she gets it all in her hair now! Ewww. Anyway, is there a bib that works great for you? Or do you just strip em down too?

Advertisement

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Susannah M
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Favorite bib suggestion...?

bumkins makes some really cute ones
Susannah M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Steve's Wife
Registered Users
seller

i second bumkins. get the junior bib. my dd takes them all off except that one b/c of the sleeves. www.mom4life.com has the best prices and cheap shipping.
Steve's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:21 PM   #4
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The very best bibs I have ever tried are the ones I have made myself for my kids. Having an inhome daycare for 13+ years, I have tried a lot of bibs! I make them out of one layer of printed cotton or flannel and one layer of terrycloth. They are soft and absorbant..not even soup has gotten through these (within reason, of course!)
The first ones I made I used velcro, but now I use a snap press and put snaps instead. And they are reversible, too!! I am just getting ready to make a batch!!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:27 AM   #5
bluebonnet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really love the Bumpkin bibs. They are nylon and do not stain and wash super easy. I usually do a quick hand wash after the meal and hang them to dry and they are usually dry by the next meal! Plus they have a pocket to catch things.

My only complaint is that I wish they had snaps now because my DD has figured if she pulls hard enough she can get them off. I'm having a WAHM here put snaps on one of my Bumkins and if I like it, I'm probably going to have her do more if she is willing! She also makes bibs to! zionnecherub is her username!
Old 04-20-2007, 06:43 AM   #6
2sunshines
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

just echoing everyone else. bumkins are my fave bib. They wipe down easily, but are thin and comfy on baby plus they can be thrown in the washer if they get really dirty.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 AM   #7
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

James is a little piglet when he eats so I made some bibs that have turned out to be my all-time favorites! They have long sleeves and a pocket to cactch the crumbs. I've made them out of either stretch terry or cotton interlock or sweatshirt fleece with a panel of flannel in the middle for extra absorbency and a little color (piglets can be stylish too!) If you sew, I can send you a link to a pattern similar to this (it's not exactly the same), if you don't sew, check out the link in my signature. Good luck!
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 08:29 AM   #8
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I've always wanted to try the Bumkins bibs...they look great and I've heard great things about them. I just got these: http://madebymama.com/store/WsDefaul...mbs=No&Thumbs= and I like them a lot, plus they're super cute!

I try to strip my self-feeding kids, though, whenever I can, but my messy 2 year old is an oddball and he hates being naked. So now I'm trying bibs!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:19 AM   #9
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I pretty much tossed any other bibs and only use bumkins. They make sleeved ones, too!
yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 09:57 AM   #10
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

walmart has some pretty cheap wipe down bibs..they also make 'em that they can wear with sleeves and such. And pockets...I LOVE those!!