Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 05:41 AM   #21
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Re: Is anyone else working out during this pregnancy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvi224 View Post
Your'e welcome! I don't know if this is true or not but I have heard that breast feeding helps shed weight after pregnancy? It's awesome that you are motivated, you can def see results!
Yes, for some the weight just falls off. I have friends who are smaller than before with nursing. After I have my babies I literally do NOT lose A POUND until I start watching what I eat and exercising. And it has to be pretty drastic. I did South beach with DD and lost it all, but with DS, I just started exercising and felt great but didn't lose anything so I'm starting off WAY behind with this one. I promise I WILL get in shape after this last one. I hate feeling so bad about myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My3Sons View Post
I breastfeed all my babies and I shed some weight but I need the exercise. I need to tighten the skin and get my ab muscles tightened. If anyone has any suggestions on tightening skin or helping the ab muscles I am all ears. I know I will have to wait until after baby but I would like some suggestions.
Running and such will help along with some good strength exercises. I hired a trainer and she was fanstastic. Again, I felt amazing just didn't lose the weight because I have to go HARD core with eating and I never did.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #22
jakeysmama
Registered Users
seller

I had been! However, I have had a lot of spotting this pregnancy and was told I had to take it easy for a while. Not to mention the wonderful ms that lasts all day. I hope to get back to the gym in the next few weeks
Old 01-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #23
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom
I will be walking and doing yoga, 1 or the other, daily, when I stop feeling like death. I'm hoping by 12 weeks to be able to FORCE myself to get active daily. Some non-freezing weather would help....
Same here. I'm in pelvic and workout rest until the second Tri though so hopefully by then I'll stop feeling like death.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #24
ecomother
Registered Users
seller
seller

You look awesome Amanda! I was running outside about 2 miles a day before I got pregnant with baby #4, but now I can't manage to get out of the house due to the all day sickness/bloating, ugh! I plan to start walking outside when I'm feeling better (hopefully soon!) I've never done an indoors workout routine, but that'd be a good idea since it's so cold outside. I'm going to look into some now!
ecomother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #25
My3Sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecomother View Post
You look awesome Amanda! I was running outside about 2 miles a day before I got pregnant with baby #4, but now I can't manage to get out of the house due to the all day sickness/bloating, ugh! I plan to start walking outside when I'm feeling better (hopefully soon!) I've never done an indoors workout routine, but that'd be a good idea since it's so cold outside. I'm going to look into some now!
Hip Hop Abs is so fun, I am also interested in the Brazilian Butt! I am thinking I am start that after baby.
~SAHM to William 12-07-2004 , Isaac Thomas 5-23-06 , born at home Ashton Xavier-Lee 3-5-2008 , and Collin Samuel,10-01-10. with #5. Wife to my Air National Guard husand who is the greatest father ever.
Hip Clips by Mandi

My3Sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #26
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really want to do SOMETHING... With my girls I gained a TON of weight... it never came off (but I was a teen when I got pg with the first so I am not totally surprised) but my boys... I LOST weight with them... literally weighed less when i went to the hosp to deliver than when I tested positive. BUT, I nursed all of my babies and gained while nursing. Soo... yeah, exercise would be a good thing. I am thinking some sort of yoga would be good... low impact, high strength. dancing sounds fun, but I am really uncomfortable with some of the moves in some of the high energy dance "fun" ones... my kids would be doing it along side me. I do not want lots of skin showing and "sexy" dance moves...
I have some vids of biggest looser that are ok, but I am so out of shape. I cannot last very long :-(
Do you have any suggestions?
Old 01-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #27
My3Sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the hip hops does not have "sexy" moves and my boys do it right along with me, not too much skin. Most girls are wearing sports bras or tanks and capris or shorts.
~SAHM to William 12-07-2004 , Isaac Thomas 5-23-06 , born at home Ashton Xavier-Lee 3-5-2008 , and Collin Samuel,10-01-10. with #5. Wife to my Air National Guard husand who is the greatest father ever.
Hip Clips by Mandi

Old 01-10-2012, 06:06 PM   #28
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Christina just do what you're comfortable with over time you will build up endurance. I hate running but it's the only thing that helps me shed the weight. In basic training we started off doing lunges and short sprints. Those help build strength and endurance. I find yoga really calming and relaxing and I love the Jillian Michaels 30 shred. Not a whole lot of skin.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #29
My3Sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also have the jillian micheals 30 day, it is great also. I did this on days I was tired of the other.
Hip Clips by Mandi

Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #30
challmeyeralways
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks girls! I am looking forward to feeling well enough to get moving :-) I am also excited to hear what you all have going.