Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
mcrisp78
Registered Users
seller

Smile Softbums compatibility??

I am brand new to cloth diapering, but I know for sure I want to try/use softbums. I love the idea of the snap in pod. Are there other snap in pods/ covers that work with the softbum pods? I have read differentposts about some snaps only working with certain brands. Any info would help, I am a little confused!!

Thanks Mamas!

Advertisement

mcrisp78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #2
mcrisp78
Registered Users
seller

Question Re: Softbums compatibility??

Old 05-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #3
soccermama13
Registered Users
seller

Re: Softbums compatibility??

I don't know of any compatible ones. I know that grovia has a different type of snap and that in best bottoms the snap is in a different place so those are for sure NOT compatible. Motherese and ittibittis dont work because their snaps are completely different.

For what it's worth I had a good experience with softbums (I use the bamboo inserts) -- good fit, absorbency and no leaks. My husband and daycare prefer AIOs or else this would probably be our whole stash. It ends up being affordable too - I usually get three uses out of a shell. I also like the fact that I can wash the covers with baby clothes and line dry them (they dry fast) to keep them lasting longer and I can super wash/dry the inserts without having to worry about the elastic or inserts getting too beat up. I wish I could say the same for my AIOs. I think that softbums will last a lot longer because of this.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
kameroosky
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You dont technically have to snap something into it. It can be used like a cover and you can just lay an insert into it. I have laid PFs on top before and it worked really well.
Also I think there is a WAHM (Chelory I believe) that makes inserts that snap into softbums.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
mcrisp78
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #6
3filles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

RagaBabes inserts use the same snaps as SoftBums but they won't work because the piece of the snap on the SoftBums cover is the same piece as on the RagaBabes insert—argh! So you can snap a SoftBums cover to a RagaBabe cover or a SoftBums pod to a RagaBabe insert, but that isn't very useful! It's true, though, that you can use SoftBums as a cover and lay something else into it, and if you get Omnis you can use them as a pocket or as an AI2. I am a huge fan of AI2s and really love my SoftBums. They make up the vast majority of my stash, and I've used them since my twins were really teeny. More than a year later, they've held up extremely well. The aplix on the covers we've had the longest is fuzzy, but it still works without any problem, and the laundry tabs still hold (unlike quite a few other brands!).
3filles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
McDMom
Registered Users

I've used pods in Best Bottoms and Sweet Pea AI3s too.
McDMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

As PP said, you don't actually have to snap anything in. we use PF with ours as well as their inserts. I have also heard many mamas say that best bottoms inserts snap into SB if you want a sized insert! I don't have any to try this myself, but I have read it multiple times on here.
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote