Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

BabyKicks?

Any reviews on these, I'm having trouble finding anything via search. TIA!

Advertisement

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
rosebrok
Registered Users
seller

Re: BabyKicks?

I have three. I really like how they fit - they are very trim. BUT, the pocket is small and hard to stuff (especially when the rise is snapped down). I just got them last week so they have only been used a few times. I'm hoping the insert might shrink down a bit with more washing and then maybe get easier to stuff in the pocket. I can't imagine trying to put anything in the pocket to double, or folding the insert - its just not possible. The insert is pretty absorbent though so I don't know that it would be necessary to double stuff. The only other negative is that the pocket and insert do take a while to dry - I've been popping them in the dryer (tag says tumble dry low) and even with that I have to leave them out a few hours for the fleece pocket to completely dry. That doesn't bother me very much but I know that it would bother some people.
rosebrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, mama.

Are you talking about the Babykicks pocket or the Babykicks fitted? I've never used the fitted so couldn't tell you anything about that but I had a bunch of the pockets. well, I still physically have them but I'm selling the last bit of them on FSOT now. I could tell you a lot about those.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
vtechmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Basically the same as PP. I won one in a contest and wasn't super impressed. It was soft and absorbent and trim but very hard to stuff so I ended up putting it up on FSOT. I'm not a huge pocket fan in the first place though.

I will say I had no trouble with it drying but I'm mean to my diapers and didn't look at the tag but just dried it with my other diapers.

Last edited by vtechmom; 01-09-2012 at 06:41 PM.
vtechmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
I won 2 of them and ended up selling them. They were trim and absorbent but the pocket was so small...it was annoying!

Sent from my DH's Ally!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
eahcapemay
Registered Users
seller
seller

I love the inserts, the prefold...is okay. Haven't tried anything else.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
floridatracy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have one and hated it at first but it is a very trim diaper and great under jeans. The insert is great so we can use it for naps. I'm learning to like it. I wouldn't have an entire stash of them but I like the one I have and wouldn't mind one more.
floridatracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Thanks guys! I was curious about any of them. I have a voucher for Abe's Market and they must have just started carrying the fitted and pockets....I am a total newbie and haven't owned ANY CDs yet, so am still sort of in research mode at this point.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I have the hemp fitteds (which you can stuff and insert into) and the 3g pockets. They pockets are trim, but I have a hard time getting a good fit (side snaps and I are having a war currently). They also are weird in that part of the outside around the legs is fleecy instead of the same material as the rest, but I've never had leak issues. I like the hemp fitteds, they are a little rough, but good absorbancy. They don't hold up to my 2 year old over night, though. Overall, I like them as an option for outings when I don't want to change as often and naps for heavy wetters.

BTW, I HATE STUFFING POCKETS! I only own 4, and I stuff them straight out of the dryer. I prefer Ai2s or hybrids, or fitteds and covers.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote