Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #11
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

No baby for me n the full moon...but I did spend a few hours in l&d last night. Apparently you can have regular but moderate contractions for a long time.. I think today is day 4! My back is killing me this am. Drs did offer me meds to bring home, but I am not interested. There was not much else they could do... I am only 2 cm still .. All the contractions are not doing anything down there!! :sigh: on a good note, dr said baby boy is VERY happy in there..only one bad thing comes from a statement like that..I actually might go past edd. He was a very nice dr...and actually very supportavive of vbac. Oh and Suprisenly ok with placenta encapuculation..amazing eh! You would of thought he was a midwife not ob!
Going to meet with doula today.. Just need some support and we will take a walk to starbucks to get out.

Advertisement

Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
No babies last night even with the full moon???
I thought for sure I was going to go on a full moon. That is when my water broke with my second ds. This one wants to ride it out and come right on time or late. LOL I'll be 40next week.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
Yeah I've been up since 5:30 when dh left for the gym. My alarm is set for 8. So I might as well get up now and get this day started.
I think most of my anxiety is from the IDE of not being the first to hold him and that he will go to my room with dh and wait for me to be stitched up. So everyone and their mom will get to see him before me. A bit whiney I know but I mean hello, I carried him for 9 months and now you wanna say well hold on a minute. Pfff. Dh said he is gonna make sure I see him and hold him even if they are still stitching me up. I think because i was last to hold dd I held her more and it made family mad. Oh well. Lol my baby
I get tons of anxiety over this because with my last birth it's like they forgot i existed! I know I've posted about this before, but it really bugged me. They passed her all around, dh held her with his back to me, all commenting on all her dark hair and trying to figure out if her eyes were blue or hazel... hello?! I just pushed the dang baby out, let me at least look at her! I was so mad! Nobody remembered I was there until I finally started crying. So annoying! I'm worried because if I end up with another hospital transfer I'll be going to the same place. This and the car seat thing will be the first two things I bring up.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #14
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRina View Post
Good morning all! Sounds like we all had a rough night....I'm starting to completely buy this Full Moon theory!

Shannon, I'm so excited for you that Addy is a laid back babe. Hoping for the same myself. I think I could count on my 2 hands the number of times my DD has slept through the night even now and she's almost 3! So, if A is outsleeping K, that good news!

Nothing planned today. Hallelujah! Although my DD has already asked 3 times "Where we goin' today?" She hates staying home all day. But we've got plans every other day this week, so I'm not going to feel guilty and just going to enjoy it. If cleaning bathrooms, stripping bed and washing sheets and doing final organization in our bedroom counts as "enjoying."

LadyB, I SO know your stress. If your doc is supportive of you not getting checked and it's just going to stress you, then go with your gut! I don't think you are crazy or selfish at all for wanting to be the first to hold your little man. Hoping that your labor starts BEFORE your scheduled section date.....but if not, it sounds like your hubs is ready to advocate for you to get some quality time first! Boo on people thinking that a baby is community property!
DD1 goes in my closet and brings shoes out to me and says "here mom, lets just go" . . She loves to shop and would go to walmart everyday if I didnt hate it so much...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstategirl View Post
I thought for sure I was going to go on a full moon. That is when my water broke with my second ds. This one wants to ride it out and come right on time or late. LOL I'll be 40next week.
Sounds like we have alot of stubborn babies in this DDC.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #15
CandiceW
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post

NO KIDDING EH!!
Baby Matthew 05-27-2014
Baby #4 due January 2016
CandiceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #16
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

I slept so much last night, and I'm still tired! WTH?? Lol. We were going to go see my grandparents today, but ALL the packages I ordered with christmas money and gift cards are coming today, and I need to sign for at least two of them. So we're staying home and we'll see my mom and grandpa tomorrow. So excited to actually get something in the mail that's just for me!! My dad is sending me his old kindle2 and a couple of kindle cases, then I have an order coming with a new winter hat and a couple of t shirts to wear after baby is born (no way these will fit me before hand- hoping they'll motivate me to get some of that baby weight off), and a few maternity tank tops (that i'll wear post partum as well- i like how long maternity tank tops are when not preggo, lol) and some yoga pants for after the baby is born from old navy. Yaaay!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #17
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceW View Post
NO KIDDING EH!!
Good! Maybe I won't be the last one here with no baby then! Lol! I have feeling I'll be going at least till my due date on the 26th, which sucks because my other two were born a lil early!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #18
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Lady B-- I told my dh that if I get rushed in for a c/s for any reason that he has to stay with the baby. I hate the thought of my baby getting taken away from me. I hope it all works out for you.

Destiny--I have a shortness of breath feeling at night too. Weird. Not during the day. It makes it really hard to fall asleep, I always wind up feeling like I'm having a mild anxiety attack as I try to fall asleep and breathe . ..and my nose gets stuffy making it worse. .. ugh.

Shannon--so glad you got a mellow babe this time, that's what I'm hoping for! ds was super high maintenence as a nb. Would not sleep without being held, period. I had to "sleep" sitting up and holding him for weeks, as I couldn't side-lie and nurse at first.

Since yesterday was the full moon and it was my grandma's bday I was hopeful. ..would have been a cool bday for my girl. But nope. Nada. I'm not feeling anything besides a low baby on my bladder! lol My MW has some herbs for next week to help get things going. . .I really don't want to go much past my edd since ds was 9lbs and I'm getting a little worried about growing some 11lb baby this time!

Ugh, I have nothing to wear anymore. Pretty much staying at home till this baby shows up! I feel bad for ds, but I just can't handle going out much--I get so tired. Luckily there is a park about 3 blks from our house. That I handle at least.

Last edited by kismetbaby; 01-10-2012 at 10:21 AM.
kismetbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
DD1 goes in my closet and brings shoes out to me and says "here mom, lets just go" . . She loves to shop and would go to walmart everyday if I didnt hate it so much...lol

Awww! What a cutie!!! And P.S. I love your girl's names!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #20
PurpleRina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceW View Post
No baby for me n the full moon...but I did spend a few hours in l&d last night. Apparently you can have regular but moderate contractions for a long time.. I think today is day 4! My back is killing me this am. Drs did offer me meds to bring home, but I am not interested. There was not much else they could do... I am only 2 cm still .. All the contractions are not doing anything down there!! :sigh: on a good note, dr said baby boy is VERY happy in there..only one bad thing comes from a statement like that..I actually might go past edd. He was a very nice dr...and actually very supportavive of vbac. Oh and Suprisenly ok with placenta encapuculation..amazing eh! You would of thought he was a midwife not ob!
Going to meet with doula today.. Just need some support and we will take a walk to starbucks to get out.
Wahoo!!!!! Candice, you were so due for a positive experience! I'm so glad that you were able to have that last night.....even if you must have been frustrated to hear that there hasn't been much progression.