Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 11:29 AM   #21
mrscompgeek's Avatar
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,151
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRina View Post
Awww! What a cutie!!! And P.S. I love your girl's names!
thank you

Advertisement

__________________
Shannon- Wife to my Techy hubs since 07,
SAH semi-crunchy mama to K{Oct '09} And A {Jan '12}
Baby Boy Z coming Aug '15
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:12 PM   #22
Fitter's Avatar
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 6,118
My Mood:
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscompgeek View Post
ladyb- hope you get your vbac. maybe your baby will come the day before your scheduled like mine did for my induction.

No babies last night even with the full moon??? Today was my due date and i commented last night on the way to walmart with dh that it was a full moon.
btw- walmart at 1 week pp is not smart.my bleeding was almost stopped and after walking walmart i am bleeding again.

can i just say how super blessed i feel with this baby?? DD1 was so fussy and didnt sleep well at all (still doesnt actually) but Addy sleeps sooo well, only woke up once last night. and when she is awake she is pretty content to just lay in the boppy or in the swing. I cant tell you how blessed i feel. The Lord knew i needed a easy going baby this time.
for a laid back baby, DD2 was like that, DD1 was soooooo colicky and DS was sort of middle of the road. Makes you appreciate the relaxed baby even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceW View Post
No baby for me n the full moon...but I did spend a few hours in l&d last night. Apparently you can have regular but moderate contractions for a long time.. I think today is day 4! My back is killing me this am. Drs did offer me meds to bring home, but I am not interested. There was not much else they could do... I am only 2 cm still .. All the contractions are not doing anything down there!! :sigh: on a good note, dr said baby boy is VERY happy in there..only one bad thing comes from a statement like that..I actually might go past edd. He was a very nice dr...and actually very supportavive of vbac. Oh and Suprisenly ok with placenta encapuculation..amazing eh! You would of thought he was a midwife not ob!
Going to meet with doula today.. Just need some support and we will take a walk to starbucks to get out.
Sorry you weren't progressing, but the OB sounds great. And yum Starbucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Lady B-- I told my dh that if I get rushed in for a c/s for any reason that he has to stay with the baby. I hate the thought of my baby getting taken away from me. I hope it all works out for you.

Destiny--I have a shortness of breath feeling at night too. Weird. Not during the day. It makes it really hard to fall asleep, I always wind up feeling like I'm having a mild anxiety attack as I try to fall asleep and breathe . ..and my nose gets stuffy making it worse. .. ugh.

Shannon--so glad you got a mellow babe this time, that's what I'm hoping for! ds was super high maintenence as a nb. Would not sleep without being held, period. I had to "sleep" sitting up and holding him for weeks, as I couldn't side-lie and nurse at first.

Since yesterday was the full moon and it was my grandma's bday I was hopeful. ..would have been a cool bday for my girl. But nope. Nada. I'm not feeling anything besides a low baby on my bladder! lol My MW has some herbs for next week to help get things going. . .I really don't want to go much past my edd since ds was 9lbs and I'm getting a little worried about growing some 11lb baby this time!

Ugh, I have nothing to wear anymore. Pretty much staying at home till this baby shows up! I feel bad for ds, but I just can't handle going out much--I get so tired. Luckily there is a park about 3 blks from our house. That I handle at least.
I always tell my Dh the same thing about staying with the baby, lol!

And yeah I hear ya on the nothing to wear front, I have a very limited wardrobe right now.

----------------
I am finally full term 37 weeks today

I have most things ready to go for baby now, I still need to pack the hospital bag, maybe tomorrow and I have a mw appt and car seat inspection tomorrow, fun!

Today we went to the PO, then the library for story time and then grocery shopping, phew! Now I am trying to clean up just a bit, throw in some laundry and get dinner ready. My IL's are coming over this evening for dinner and a kid visit.
__________________
Kelly wife to Rich , mommy to I , G , L , and G
Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
DoulainAK's Avatar
DoulainAK
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Anchorage AK
Posts: 672
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceW
No baby for me n the full moon...but I did spend a few hours in l&d last night. Apparently you can have regular but moderate contractions for a long time.. I think today is day 4! My back is killing me this am. Drs did offer me meds to bring home, but I am not interested. There was not much else they could do... I am only 2 cm still .. All the contractions are not doing anything down there!! :sigh: on a good note, dr said baby boy is VERY happy in there..only one bad thing comes from a statement like that..I actually might go past edd. He was a very nice dr...and actually very supportavive of vbac. Oh and Suprisenly ok with placenta encapuculation..amazing eh! You would of thought he was a midwife not ob!
Going to meet with doula today.. Just need some support and we will take a walk to starbucks to get out.
Let's put our labors together? I'm dilating, mostly effaced. I can feel a head with my own fingers (which is so cool) and no contractions! It's driving me nuts this baby is more likely to fall out than need pushing out! I'm just sitting around waiting for actual labor to start and it's just not. It's so frustrating! I'm so glad you met a cool OB! Have fun with your doula! Walk and have some caffine and hopefully it helps you out!

I see my midwife in an hour :-) and then house cleaners come today so yay my house will be clean! Please please let tonight be my night? Last night I woke up around 1 with horrible flu symptoms. It freaked me out. Midwife said it was hormones. It was powerful, like 2 hours of the worst stomach flu of my life. Then I was all better and went back to bed and now I feel great! I don't wish that labor sign on anyone! But now my system is flushed. My body is ready to kick this baby out he's just not coming lol! Today makes 38 weeks! I still have time and I know that and I'm so tired of people telling me that because my body is clearly pretty ready.
DoulainAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ~*West Coast*~
Posts: 61,873
My Mood:
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Hi mama's,
I am still here, I wasn't so sure about yesterday, I thought my water was leaking but tests showed it wasn't my water nor was it pee, so not sure what it was but I soaked my undies big time and no dtd so not sure what it was.
I was at triage for over 4 hours being monitored, was having a lot of contractions, I am not dilated at all, she said I am 1/2 cm, so not even 1cm, so they finally released me about 6pm and I hadn't eaten in over 12 hours I was starving! I am still feeling off today, I was told if I start leaking again, bleeding or the contractions get stronger that I am to go right back again.
I think this baby is going to be here by the weekend, I am not ready to not be pg anymore though. I am happy I didn't have PTL this time, I made it safely to 37 weeks and I am so very happy.
The thought of having her yesterday had me freaked out, I am glad the dr decided to send me home and just keep a watch on myself, she could have taken her but I didnt want to and made it clear I was not ready and the no dilating helped me out because there was no change in my cervix so I was safe to go home with the condition if anything changes I do have to go right back. I am feeling contractions still but not as bad as yesterday, I am still very queasy so just resting today..
my laptop battery died last night and the charger will not turn on, no idea why so I am bummed, I convinced dh to let me use this netbook of his, it is hard to use, the keyboard is small, screen is small andthe page goes from alrge font to small, I am touching something to make the page get bigger, not sure what it is but it sucks..lol My new charger will be here by thursday.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
Lady_B's Avatar
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,780
My Mood:
I'm not going to go into the details of tr hospital procedures but pretty much my husband gets the baby to himself for the first hour while they take me to another floor for recovery.

So if you ladies could please please please pray I get the vbac I'd be very appreciative. It's hard to be okay knowing you don't get to be with your baby after all this time and surgery. It's just an hour ish but I'm sure you all would feel like its gonna be forever like me. Plus I'll be all alone too awesome
__________________
Wife to a HOT MARINE since 01-05-2008
Momma to a sassy little lady since 2008 <3
and a handsome little man 01-18-2012 <3
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:31 PM   #26
Fitter's Avatar
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 6,118
My Mood:
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
I'm not going to go into the details of tr hospital procedures but pretty much my husband gets the baby to himself for the first hour while they take me to another floor for recovery.

So if you ladies could please please please pray I get the vbac I'd be very appreciative. It's hard to be okay knowing you don't get to be with your baby after all this time and surgery. It's just an hour ish but I'm sure you all would feel like its gonna be forever like me. Plus I'll be all alone too awesome
oh Brianna I wasn't blowing you off by what I said about DH staying with the baby, it is just that I want the baby to have a parent with them, if I can't be me, kwim?

Anyway I would be heartborken about being separated from baby, so I think I understand what you are talking about, even though I haven't been there before I will be praying that you get your vbac and are holding your little man soon.
__________________
Kelly wife to Rich , mommy to I , G , L , and G
Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #27
Fitter's Avatar
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 6,118
My Mood:
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
Hi mama's,
I am still here, I wasn't so sure about yesterday, I thought my water was leaking but tests showed it wasn't my water nor was it pee, so not sure what it was but I soaked my undies big time and no dtd so not sure what it was.
I was at triage for over 4 hours being monitored, was having a lot of contractions, I am not dilated at all, she said I am 1/2 cm, so not even 1cm, so they finally released me about 6pm and I hadn't eaten in over 12 hours I was starving! I am still feeling off today, I was told if I start leaking again, bleeding or the contractions get stronger that I am to go right back again.
I think this baby is going to be here by the weekend, I am not ready to not be pg anymore though. I am happy I didn't have PTL this time, I made it safely to 37 weeks and I am so very happy.
The thought of having her yesterday had me freaked out, I am glad the dr decided to send me home and just keep a watch on myself, she could have taken her but I didnt want to and made it clear I was not ready and the no dilating helped me out because there was no change in my cervix so I was safe to go home with the condition if anything changes I do have to go right back. I am feeling contractions still but not as bad as yesterday, I am still very queasy so just resting today..
my laptop battery died last night and the charger will not turn on, no idea why so I am bummed, I convinced dh to let me use this netbook of his, it is hard to use, the keyboard is small, screen is small andthe page goes from alrge font to small, I am touching something to make the page get bigger, not sure what it is but it sucks..lol My new charger will be here by thursday.
Glad they let you go home, hopefully your body will calm down and keep baby in a little longer

sucks about the charger, netbooks can be hard to type on, I am used to my mammoth laptop
__________________
Kelly wife to Rich , mommy to I , G , L , and G
Fitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:45 PM   #28
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ~*West Coast*~
Posts: 61,873
My Mood:
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Thanks mama
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #29
leeuhhh's Avatar
leeuhhh
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: seattle
Posts: 3,120
My Mood:
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
I'm not going to go into the details of tr hospital procedures but pretty much my husband gets the baby to himself for the first hour while they take me to another floor for recovery.

So if you ladies could please please please pray I get the vbac I'd be very appreciative. It's hard to be okay knowing you don't get to be with your baby after all this time and surgery. It's just an hour ish but I'm sure you all would feel like its gonna be forever like me. Plus I'll be all alone too awesome
it sounds shallow, but i was so jealous of dh getting to hold the baby before me after i'd done all that work! i hope you get your vbac!
__________________
Leah- Single Mama to Audrey 12/29/03 Gwyneth 4/1/09 and Olivia 1/30/12!
leeuhhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #30
mrscompgeek's Avatar
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,151
Re: Winter wonder 1/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiceW View Post
. Just need some support and we will take a walk to starbucks to get out.
Im jealous of you ladies with starbucks within walking/driving distance. . Our closest one is 45 minutes away. So sad. . . . There is some days I NEED a starbucks.
__________________
Shannon- Wife to my Techy hubs since 07,
SAH semi-crunchy mama to K{Oct '09} And A {Jan '12}
Baby Boy Z coming Aug '15
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.