Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What is the catch with Sunbaby Diapers?

Just an FYI, you have to dry pockets on high heat to actually seal PUL. Lower temps wouldn't be hot enough to affect it as PUL was designed for use in an autoclave with temps of 190+.

There isn't a catch with Sunbaby. Really. They aren't tiny anymore if you get size 2. My chubby thighed, 22lb, 30" 14 month old fits in them very well. The size 1s are itsy bitsy and great for newbies and skinnier babies.

They come with a MF insert and those are a bit bulky but if you use JoeyBunz or an alva bamboo insert, they're very trim. They're made in China (just like FuzziBunz) and they aren't going to fall apart any faster than FB. I don't think they have a warranty but really, BumGenius only honors their warranty if you treat your diapers as tenderly as a baby chick. How helpful is it really?

I love both Alva and Sunbaby. Alva Baby are trimmer (on my DD) but I think Sunbaby is better quality. I've had 6 Alvas delaminate and I don't even wash on hot. I still buy Alvas though. They're too cute to resist!!

ETA: I never put my pockets in the dryer and I never get leaks through the PUL or stitching holes.

Advertisement

Last edited by el's mama; 01-10-2012 at 01:57 PM.
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #22
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

Ya'll are great. Thanks so much for the detailed feedback. I really hope to try these.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:58 PM   #23
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by el's mama View Post
They're made in China (just like FuzziBunz) and they aren't going to fall apart any faster than FB.
Actually, FuzziBunz are made in Turkey now. And the sizing and fleece are very different, much to the dismay of people used to the old FB.
shan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #24
Sarai*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have given many out. The only catch is that they are not big enough for larger toddlers. They fit until about 1.5 to 2 years old, depending on size of your child. Kawaiis fit a lot longer. On the flip side, they fit newborns a lot sooner than other one size pocket diapers, like BG and Kawaii.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #25
regenolds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've used mine for a year now and they are still great. Fleece is not very soft anymore but I don't get leaks. I have both the smaller version and the bigger version and I can still use the smaller on my 27 lb 19 month old. I can even use the bigger versions on my 3 and 5 yr olds although the 3 yr old pees through them for night. I have never snapped the leg snaps though because they have always been too tight. I usually use a BGOS for nighttime but have not had any problem with the sunbaby diapers. They are so cheap on the website and I don't understand how people ask twice as much on FSOT for used ones.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
mommacissy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my Sunbabies...they are holding up just as nicely if not better than some of the more expensive pockets I've had. The only thing I dont really like about them is the inconsistency in size from one batch to the next. I have 7 right now that are getting too small on my DS, but I have 5 more on the way that are from a newer batch and supposed to be bigger. If they are I will be thrilled, since they really are nice diapers for the price. I think I heard now she is going to have two sizes, a size 1 and a size 2...
Old 01-10-2012, 07:12 PM   #27
cedricsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine leak on my 6month old around her legs, iside and on front on her belly) She is a belly sleeeper, I wonder if that is the problem. I dry them in the dryer,and if I add another insert the will be too bulky.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #28
babychase
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by madebymommy View Post
I've tried just about everything on the market in my 5 years of CDing, and I LOVE sunbaby's! I have a whole stash of them, and two in cloth. I am HARD on my diapers - I wash on HOT, I bleach every time I wash, I don't use "cd-friendly" detergent, I dry on HOT, and I wash every other day! They take my abuse very well! I don't bother with inserts though, I go to Walmart and buy the 15 packs of microfiber towels in the automotive section for $10 - trifold them and stuff 2 in the sunbaby's. NEVER had a leak, and I have 2 heavy wetters!
This makes me want to order some right NOW. I have been arguing with myself for a month on whether or not I was going to make Sunbabys the biggest chunk of my stash. I have 12 BG's and I think 12 more Sunbabys will be perfect for us! I just don't know if I should order the size 1's or 2's. I'm expecting a preemie and have a small newborn stash (lil joeys and xsmall fuzzi bunz) but I just can't decide what size to get!

I'm glad this thread exists!
babychase is offline   Reply With Quote