Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-01-2012, 07:40 AM   #11
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'd like to continue to be a SAHM but I need to be a WAHM

Have you considered getting a daycare license? Also often if you work at a daycare, your kid can go for free or drastically reduced rate.

What hours does your DH work? Could you work at Target on weekends/nights?

Advertisement

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...

Last edited by luvsviola; 11-01-2012 at 07:49 AM.
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #12
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

You could work a couple shifts a week in a restaurant making tips when your DH is off, so you don't have to pay childcare. I have done that on and off for years. In most full service chains (Olive Garden, Logan's, etc) you can make about $100 a shift for 4-6 hours of work.

Right now, we just moved and the commute to a full service restaurant would be absurdly long for me. So, I am doing some things online to make money.

I make about $100 a month on Swagbucks. I usually get Amazon gift cards but Paypal is an option, too.

I make another $20 with Superpoints. It's not much, but it takes about 5 minutes out of my day.

I am making a LOT with Surveyhead right now, around $160 a month the past three months, because they have an iPhone app (iPoll) that you can use to take surveys while inside stores. Those surveys are worth $10-50 for less than 5 minutes of time. I always get Visa gift cards through them, Paypal and Amazon are also options, but that's my grocery money. I think they have an app for Android, too.

I dabble in selling on eBay, because I have a good thrift store. Women's jeans are my big money maker, but that's hit or miss depending on what I can find and it's also rather labor intensive. Some weeks my kids just don't leave me alone long enough to get my pics done and listings set up.

I have also been posting on forums for Paypal. I don't think I'm allowed to link that here but you can message me if you want more info. They pay you per post and pay via Paypal. Before I moved I made $100 in 3 weeks, but I haven't been devoting as much time to it so I have only made about $20 a week the past two weeks.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote