Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 PM   #11
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Top names

Yeah, we're going to talk about the name thing tomorrow. I think he will go along with Evalyn, since it's what we agreed on in the first place. He just isn't going to be thrilled with it (which is stupid because he was VERY supportive until his family butted in). I'm fine with Olivia as a middle name. I would probably call her Eh-vee or Ee-vee for short. Eva is cute, too, and good for the young adult years if she didn't want to use an older style name like Evalyn.

Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #12
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia View Post
Thank you! That's good to hear. I don't know why we are getting such negativity towards it. So weird.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
her sister calls her "La- dee- da"! lol.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love Matilda!

And I like Evalyn too. . .and love the nicknames for it.

We had two girls names we agreed on, and even though one we liked slightly better we nixed it b/c it is in the top 50. I just prefer more uncommon names.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #14
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS made the list but his name became popular AFTER I had him. Both DD's did not make the list. Yay!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #15
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like names that are different and not the top names. Bruce was not on there, though Ryan our second son was. He was named after my maiden name. You won't see this baby's name on their either. It's going to be an Irish name. I'll have to post vote on that, as I'm still not sure on a name.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #16
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I wanted to name dd Fiona Lavera. And dh was on board till everyone told him if he didn't like it he should say something... -_-

But both kids I came up with their names. We always knew if we had a boy he'd had dh name as the middle name.
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:03 AM   #17
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbi_n_nadia
None of our names are on there! I'm surprised Zoe isn't! I thought it was somewhat popular. Dd1's middle name is Grace and it's on there but that's the only one I see of ours. New baby is more than likely going to be Matilda (we still need a middle name) and I don't see that on there either.

We have had some negative looks/comments when we have told people Matilda. I really like the name and don't see anything that odd about it, I think it's cute and goes well with our other girls names. But my sister was like isn't that going to be weird for her when she's an adult? And my aunt actually flat out said "you aren't really going to name her Matilda are you? I don't like it." I wasnt sure how to react to that but I think I laughed and I still find it kind of amusing...like we are supposed to change our minds because she dosnt like it? Um no. Even a random lady in the grocery store asked us what we are naming her and she seriously gave us a look like she was disgusted! I'm not sure why people don't like it...? It does kind of throw me off a little getting so much negativity but I still love the name and if it feels right after we see her then I will still go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Matilda Jane.. ahhh love it!

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #18
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

See I love Evalyn, Matilda, and Fiona has always been on my list too. We haven't told anyone ( well except one close friend) about our names IRL, b/c I hate to deal with peoples reactions to names. I mean you aren't asking their opinion so why do they offer it?

When we told MIL our potential names for our first child she made this horrible face and some snide comment about them being "very Irish". I smiled and said "great that is what we were going for!" Oh well people suck sometimes.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #19
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitter
See I love Evalyn, Matilda, and Fiona has always been on my list too. We haven't told anyone ( well except one close friend) about our names IRL, b/c I hate to deal with peoples reactions to names. I mean you aren't asking their opinion so why do they offer it?

When we told MIL our potential names for our first child she made this horrible face and some snide comment about them being "very Irish". I smiled and said "great that is what we were going for!" Oh well people suck sometimes.
Lol good for you. Mil always hate names you pick. When I told her ds son name she goes "...okay...". Pff
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:13 PM   #20
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yep, we've never told *anyone* our name till after the birth. Then at least they have a reason to be polite even if thy dislike it. I have a friend who gave both her daughters unusual names (but beautiful one's IMO) and I watched some of the reactions she got to the names while pg. . . I don't know why people think they should make such comments esp to a pg lady!