Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
babylatch
Registered Users
seller

Newborn. Snaps or Aplix ???

I am FTM investing in a set of newborn AIOs. I have 10 snaps (2 FB xs and 8 lil joeys). I am wondering if I should do the rest in aplix? I don't want aplix for my regular stash. The newborn phase is so short so they shouldn't wear too much in say 2 months max. Ive read multiple moms say aplix is easier in the beginning when your half asleep trying to snap a diaper. Any recommendations with aplix or should I just stick with snaps?

Advertisement

babylatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
gem898
Registered Users
seller
seller

Aplix isn't all bad. I really like having a few of each in my stash.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #3
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Re: Newborn. Snaps or Aplix ???

I didn't personally care whether it was snaps or aplix. Though sometimes aplix is easier when they are curling into a ball since you have a wider area to place versus having to find the snap. But we have an even mixture of both, and I used them all the same.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #4
imnottelling
Registered Users

I have both, and I definitely found the aplix easier when my baby was younger. She's 2 months old now and loves diaper changes (we have our mat on my dresser where there is a mirror so she looks at herself) so I'm cool with snaps now, but snapping 4 snaps when she was a screaming baby just made me feel awful.

Boss over 1 Husband, 2 Boys, 3 Girls
imnottelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
lrgs
Registered Users

My Mood:

I like aplix for the newborn stage......I find it easier to get a good fit (especially around skinny newborn legs) and easier to put on. I prefer snaps for the later stages.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #6
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For the newborn stage, aplix is a heck of a lot easier. And I really hate aplix.

The only thing with snaps in my DD's newborn stash was one (or two?) cover(s), and the couple of fitteds we had. The rest of the entire stash was aplix covers, pockets & AIOs. I was like, "To heck with this!" the very first time I was up at 4 am with one eye open, in the dimly lit room, bent over my newborn with a snap diaper & cover, desperately trying to hurry through another diaper change without waking the rest of the household while she curled into a ball and screamed. I used aplix at night for the rest of her newborn days, and as much as possible during the day, too.

Now, for the rest of my stash, I'm going to have side snapping fitteds, nothing else. I absolutely adore side snapping fitteds.... just not in that squirmy, screamy newborn stage!
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #7
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

My son is 11 days old, and I actually likes snaps a little better. I know exactly where the snaps need to go, so it doesn't matter what position he is in, i know it will be on right. With aplix, I have to keep adjusting as he rolls and curls up.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 PM   #8
AmandaR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love snaps for my older kids and never use aplix, BUT for the newb stage I get aplix because the fit is so much better.
Find Me On Facebook and Twitter
AmandaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #9
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I have another baby, I'll have all aplix for newborn and small sizes.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
ryderpandme
Registered Users

One of the biggest complaints with aplix/hook & loop is that they can start to curl or become less sticky as time goes on. But since the newborn stage goes so fast this shouldn't be a problem.. Especially when, like everyone mentions, they're so easy to use when sleep deprived.
ryderpandme is offline   Reply With Quote