Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
Have you checked cotton babies? They always have free shipping and will sometimes put pfs on clearance for cheap.

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:
My walmart and TRU both sell gerber in store. Maybe its cheaper there?
Old 01-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Buffy1023
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: prefolds as burp cloths

I bought a bunch back in 07 to sell and give as gifts. They are super easy to add fabric and embellishments too. I think I paid $2 each. Also guessing I bought them from cottonbabies.

Thanks for the reminder, I am going to make a few for this baby. I have a few from my other kids, but I like to embroider names and initials on them, so hopefully this kid can actually have something of his/her own.

**just checked cottonbabies.com. Definitely got them from there. They are 1.50 and 1.00 each (depending on chinese or indian) and free economy shipping.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/MamaLiz8056 join now and see what you can earn!

Last edited by Buffy1023; 01-11-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Buffy1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

Looked into making 3 ply flannel burp cloths. I wanted to use pretty fabric for one side so that does increase the price a bit but even with my 3 50% off coupons for JoAnns, assuming they do a decent job cutting the fabric, then it's a pretty good deal but they did a crappy job when cutting the fabric for my wipes so I got less wipes than I should have been able to. And I even accounted for shrinkage from the pre-wash! If they do the same bang up job, then it's a wash with just buying some (or better yet, having others buy them from the registry). Checked out the diapers at babies R us today and they were huge! Not sure I want burp cloths that big. Sigh...Well, the coupons are good in different time ranges so I'd have to go 3 separate days to get the supplies. Fairly easy to do since I work right next to the JoAnn's. Guess I'll think about it over the weekend and then if I move forward with making them, I'll be a PITA to the lady cutting my fabric to make sure they don't do the same crappy cutting job.
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 10:49 AM   #15
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

someone FFS gerber pfs!!
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1336194
Old 01-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #16
TangerineLove
Registered Users

My Mood:

So much to think about! I want to save money on these things too... hopefully people will give me practical things like burps cloths at my baby shower! =P I don't even have a sewing machine, otherwise I'd explore those options too. Good luck mama!
TangerineLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #17
srpettitt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

FYI I was just at Target and they had all of their Gerber prefolds and flats on clearance...not a super steal, but a good deal still.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:30 AM   #18
mparmywife
Registered Users
seller

Have you looked at Wal-Mart, Target and JoAnn's? I'm not a huge WM fan but I know they sell Gerber prefolds (in fact that's what I used for my first DD for CDing - complete with pins and plastic pants!!) and JoAnn's sells some, although I don't know how many are in a package, and JoAnn's has good coupons - you can sign up for email or get them in the newspaper.
mparmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:49 PM   #19
luckyducky77
Registered Users
seller

I did look at Joann's since I get a ton of coupons for there but they didn't have any. I looked at them at BRU and decided they were way too big and I could just use the kitchen towels for something that big. So I think if I end up needing to make any because no one buys them from the registry then i'll make some 3ply flannel ones. I've got coworkers who have already asked me where I'm registering at and so i think having a few lower cost items for people I know can't afford to spend lots of money would be a good idea. Thanks though!
luckyducky77 is offline   Reply With Quote