Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
Smy42
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Tips on hiring a nanny!

All tips welcome!!

I'm going back to work after 6 months at home with my baby. We're going to interview nannies this week. Any good questions? Should I have her watch the baby while I stay in the house to observe? What do I look for? I really don't know how to pick and I'm so nervous and sad about leaving my baby! She's got a bit of separation anxiety and can scream her head off when I'm not around. Sometimes even Daddy won't do it and she'll only want me.

I know once I find someone I trust, eventually baby will learn to trust her too. I have one more month at home but want to introduce the nanny early so baby can get used to her. How often do you think I should have the nanny come while I'm still off work? Twice a week for a couple weeks and then full time when I start work? Is once a week enough? Thanks for the advice in advance!!

Advertisement

Smy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:55 PM   #2
AndreaOlson
Registered Users

Re: Tips on hiring a nanny!

The best thing I have learned is, after you sit with someone and feel really comfortable being around them, and you make a hiring decision, when it is time to go, leave the room/the house and don't come back in - and know that she will only cry for a little bit. If you stick around and try to console her, she will probably keep fussing and you will feel totally guilty. I learned from reading Bringing Up Bebe that children thrive from being around more than one adult, and especially with your first child, it is very important to expose them to multiple nurturing and caring people. :-) hang in there - you'll know when you find the right one and your baby will be more than fine! xx Andrea, Go Diaper Free
AndreaOlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:57 AM   #3
Smy42
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Tips on hiring a nanny!

Thanks! It's so hard to leave but I think you're right!
Smy42 is offline   Reply With Quote