Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:21 AM   #91
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:
Re: How close to due date did you keep working?

DS was due the 12th. I planned to work through the 5th. I started training a temp on the 1st, and was noticing all day how suddenly hugely swollen my ankles were. Went into labor the next morning before work.

DD was due April 15th. I was working from home. I was up until 12:30 on the 29th trying to work, but having hot flashes & dizziness and couldn't keep going. Before going to bed, I noticed how suddenly hugely swollen my ankles were. Woke up at 2:30 with contractions and had her at 8:00.

If there were to have been a 3rd baby, I would have to plan on taking leave before the due date. And, I would know by watching my ankles when labor is on its way.

Advertisement

momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:23 PM   #92
Hegemony Cricket
Registered Users
seller

I ended up being induced at 41 weeks, but I took off the Friday before my "due date" (40 weeks, on a Tuesday). I was really glad that I finalized my last day before going on leave, because it gave me a chance to organize everything and give my coworkers all my notes so that they'd be able to handle everything while I was gone.
Hegemony Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #93
Mrs_B2009
Registered Users
seller

I only worked until 36 weeks. Looking back, I definitely could have worked longer, though I would not have wanted to work that last week, it was so hot here. Now, I'm only working very part time (10-12 hours a week), so when the next pregnancy comes about, I'll probably work until the end.
Mrs_B2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #94
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I went into labor at work. My school district will not let you take off early unless your doctor writes for it. My doctor wouldn't write for it since I had no risk factors.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #95
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worked to Friday, 2 days after my due date with DD1 and went into labor at midnight that night.

With DD2, I worked half-day the Friday before my due date, had a visit with my doc, and went into labor that evening.

SO.... I worked pretty much right up to the day before my kids were born both times. My second was even a VBAC.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:35 AM   #96
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Both my boys were born at 38 wks 1 day. Both on a Friday. With ds1 I had contractions the night before and dr told me to come in (I live 45 minutes from the hospital). He was born at 11:38 the next morning.

With ds2 I woke up with contractions...though not painful. I worked all day...saw a MW at 4:30 and ds was born at 8:26 that night.

I planned to go early and had everything as ready as I could at work (I was a church secretary at that point). I don't get paid maternity so I worked as long as possible.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #97
MamaNaeNae
Registered Users
seller

I worked the Friday before (went into labor 4:30 AM Sunday) and even went to our Company's Christmas party, which was sorting food for the community food bank. I was almost a week late, and honestly was a little disgruntled and worn out at work! I could have skipped out on the food bank without anyone judging me, but I felt like I was blessed with not worrying about food for my LO, so it would be good to help others feed theirs. I would have liked to have a couple days to rest...but it was such a guessing game as to when I'd actually go into labor!
MamaNaeNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #98
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I worked right up until DS1 was born (early at 36 weeks). I wanted to take a few days off before my due date to get things ready, but instead I had a really crazy day at work (picked 2 juries, then took pleas all afternoon) and finally had to ask another attorney to replace me at that table because I was in pain (turns out that I was contracting) left work late, had DS1 6 or so hours later. In retrospect, if I had known I'd go so early, I would have not had such a stressful day (still blaming it for my early arrival).

DS2 I quit working at 36.5 weeks....then, of course, didn't deliver until 39 weeks.
JasmineMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #99
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

With DD1, I worked and went to school (was in high school) until two weeks before she was born. She was born over my Christmas break.

With DD2, she was due in November, I worked until mid September, but there were other circumstances at work that caused me to leave early. I left due to work issues rather than pregnancy issues.

With DD3, I had planned to work until a week before she was due, but ended up being induced 10 days early.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:48 PM   #100
AnimalHouse
Registered Users
Formerly: mama***ms
seller
seller

My Mood:

With DS1, I knew I was being induced on April 30th. I worked until April 27th, and then took the weekend off to prepare myself for the induction.

I went back to work FT when DS1 was 15 months old, and worked during my pregnancy with DS2. I worked up until I went into labor... literally, I went into labor while at work (39w+2 along), continued to work until closing time (3-4 hours), and then went to the hospital.