Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #21
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: How close to due date did you keep working?

With DD1 I worked up until a month before my due date. I had planned on only giving 2 weeks before my due date this time, but I'm thinking a month might be better as I'm already REALLY uncomfortable sitting for such a long period of time (desk job) and find at home I have to take a fair number of breaks to lie down. I can leave as much as 8 weeks early paid, but the more I work at my current work load, the larger my mat leave paychecks will be, so I'm going to tough it out as long as I can.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #22
lyterae
Registered Users
seller

I worked right up till I had him, I was 40w2d my last day at the office. He ended up being born on Sunday (I had weekends off). I was so relieved I wasn't going to have to go back to work on Monday.
lyterae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #23
MariaLA
Registered Users
seller

With DD, I was teaching, and school ended the first week of June and she was born 2 weeks later. With DS, I was due Tuesday, stopped work the next Friday, and had him on Monday.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #24
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I worked through my first two pregnancies right up until the end.

With my first, I actually didn't know I was in labor, but my boss swore I was so she sent me home at 6pm. I had a baby 9 hours later. (I had been having contractions at work, but I had never felt Braxton Hicks contractions before and I thought that's all they were. Nope, it was the real thing!)

With my second, I woke up at 6am for work and had lost my mucous plug. I called into work that day and had a baby that night.

I was a SAHM with my next two pregnancies.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #25
eguisgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: en**doza
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom1mg View Post
Um, WOW mamas!

I know this doesn't help OP at all but I just wanted to mention this so other mamas see it for balance reasons since you all worked SO late.

With DS1 I stopped working at 16 weeks - bedrest
With DS2 I stopped at around 30 weeks maybe a bit sooner
With DS3 I stopped at around the 30 week mark as well
With both DD's I am a SAHM

The two times I worked to 30 weeks it was HARD. I was SO ready to go off even before then but toughed it out longer.

IMO you (general) need to go off when your body tells you it is time to slow down. That could be right in the begining or at 41 weeks - anything is ok if that is what you need!
Not everyone has that luxury. I am only 10 weeks pregnant right now and wish I didn't have to work (aka my body is telling me no ) but financially we are unable to have me stay at home with the kids- especially after coming home from a month long vacation (where we found out I was pregnant ). Some mamas have to work so that they can spend more time with the baby at home. I will say that we are blessed to not require more than 20 minutes of daycare on the 2-3 days I work per week because I work evenings and my husband works day shift.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #26
Mommy of 2girls
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I worked on October 31 and had my dd on November 4, I am a teacher and had my maternity already planned before thinking I may have her early, but she was a day late
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
CCRMSS
Registered Users

My Mood:

with DD, i worked until the day before my due date. She was born a week later.

with DS, i worked through the week before, and he was born on a monday. However, with him i went to reduced hours around 34 weeks.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #28
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

I worked past my due date LOL. Due on a tueday, last day of school for thanksgiving break was weds, and worked then. Then had her on sat over thanksgiving break.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #29
jlcohen
Registered Users

My Mood:

With my first, I worked up until 2 weeks before I was due. I had him on my first official day out on leave, lol. With my 2nd, I went out 3 weeks before and she came 1 day early. With my 3rd, I went out 5 weeks before and he came 5 days early. Had I not received 100% pay, I probably would have worked up until I delivered.

co-sleeping, breastfeeding, baby-wearing, extended rear-facing, cloth diapering, delayed vaccinating, part-time working mama of three sweet peas
jlcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 AM   #30
pharmgirl13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD1 was a planned c-section for a Thursday and my last day was that Tuesday. With DD2, I was due 8/19 (Thurs) and planned to work until the Friday before, but she had other ideas and my water broke on Sat am, a week and a half early. I like eeping my maternity leave to spend with my newbie rather than before they arrive. It is hard enough to go back to work after 3 months - can't imagine having to go back earlier!