Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #41
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:
Re: How close to due date did you keep working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguisgirl View Post
Not everyone has that luxury. I am only 10 weeks pregnant right now and wish I didn't have to work (aka my body is telling me no ) but financially we are unable to have me stay at home with the kids- especially after coming home from a month long vacation (where we found out I was pregnant ). Some mamas have to work so that they can spend more time with the baby at home. I will say that we are blessed to not require more than 20 minutes of daycare on the 2-3 days I work per week because I work evenings and my husband works day shift.
See for my first I did the opposite of you. I HAD to stop working so instead I didn't take mat leave. I was back in training at 7 days post baby and back at work after 10 days. It sucked! BUT at that time it is what I needed to do.

Advertisement

mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #42
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Both of my babies - worked on Friday, went into labor about 2am Sunday. DS born Monday at 11am, DD born Sunday at 9am.

I had healthy, active pregnancies, worked up until the end bc I wanted to maximize my time at home with babes. I remember both Fridays before deliveries were jammed packed! I work in an office, but they were busy days. I remember the motivation of " I want to get this all done so i can go have my baby".

BTW - I did a physical inventory of a drill rig about a week before DD was born. I made it, but boy was I tired! I got some funny comments too!

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #43
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not working anymore, but worked through my entire pregnancy with my first. Went into pre-term labor @ 27 weeks, ended up in the hospital for a long weekend while they managed to stop labor, took a couple extra days off & when my next checkup came back fine with no more progress, I went back to work on light duty. I was a teller at a bank at the time, so light duty pretty just meant I wasn't allowed to lift huge bags of change/money and I had to stay sitting vs. standing constantly. Ended up getting induced on a Tuesday at 42 weeks 6 days, I worked until the Friday before...I had some light contractions about halfway through the day, got sent home by my boss, and doc said no more working until I went into labor on my own/got induced.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #44
bsmcmackin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I worked up to the day my two youngest were born but with my first baby I had to start my leave of absence a week early. I got carpal tunnel so bad I couldn't work anymore (I worked in a bakery).
bsmcmackin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #45
jnei
Registered Users
seller

I worked up until my water broke. Luckily, it happened at home as I was getting ready for work. Would have been awkward if it had happened in my classroom. LOL
jnei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #46
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I worked until my water broke while I was getting ready to go to work. I had a feeling my son was gng to come when I found myself having trouble sitting at my desk the week before. Glad it didn't break at work my ods I had to go on leave about 3 weeks before he was born cuz my body kept trying to kick him out early
dncegrl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:22 AM   #47
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I went home from work then went back because my water broke (Haha I work at hospital)
-::- ((.* the buzz is all about.... check out my facebook http://facebook.com/romancepartiesbypaula2
peverroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #48
Sew_Sweet
Registered Users
seller

I Plan on working until I go into labor. I'd rather save my actual maternity leave to spend with LO <3
Sew_Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #49
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With 1st - I was pulled from work 2 weeks early due to high BP.
With 2nd - I worked on Friday (due date) and Monday had an appt (it was a holiday so I got paid that day) but that was the day they pulled me from work and I was induced the next morning (for high BP).

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:17 PM   #50
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I worked up until the day before my due date. Then the day of my due date, I went in first thing in the morning to get some loose ends tied up for an hour. Then went and had my baby at noon that day. If there is no medical reason to stay home, I see no reason to. I ended up having an 11lb 7 oz baby with a placenta that was double the normal size. I was HUGE and miserable, but barring complications it is possible.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote