Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #51
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How close to due date did you keep working?

I worked past my due date. I felt great and worked right up until I had my DD. She was a 41 weeker. I work the 22nd of January and had here the 23rd

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:01 AM   #52
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worked up until 30 mins before my water broke unexpectedly AT THE DOCS OFFICE! This was 2 weeks before my "official" due date but only a few days before what DH and I suspected was my "true" due date.
A few weeks before my due date I started working from home several days/week, partly because the driving was getting really uncomfortable, partly so my coworkers and boss could get used to the concept of my not being around, and partly to eliminate the lost time getting to/from those constant dr appts. I was working from home... stepped over to docs... water broke.
It broke before the doctor saw me, so I can't suspect him of any shenanigans
It was my original plan to keep working full time, partly from home, until my due date. After that, my plan was to go to part-time, all work from home.
If you are scheduling appts right up to your due date, I might warn them that there's always the possibility they will be cancelled with very little advance warning.
I was literally gushing fluid, feet in stirrups, frantically blackberry-ing. Oops.
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:04 PM   #53
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

With my son, I was scheduled to work the day I had him. (actually 2 days past my due date!)
I went back to work 4 weeks later. (It was a uncomplicated vag birth.)

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #54
ofthemoonsglow
Registered Users
Formely: Mia**da
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worked until 2 days past my due date. I said i was going to work until i went into labor but i was due on a Wed. and stopped working after Friday. I was just too uncomfortable and pissed off. Then i lost my mind until i went into labor 4 days later....
ofthemoonsglow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #55
seacat
Registered Users
seller

With both kids I've worked up until I've gone into labor and for both I worked during early labor. DS1 was two weeks late and DS2 was two weeks early. For some reason work seems to bring on labor. Both times I went into early labor on Friday while working.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:59 AM   #56
rainysundays
Registered Users

My plan was to work until I delivered, but I was going to work from home starting the week before my due date. On the Thursday before I was supposed to start working from home the following Monday, I started to feel some pains in the afternoon at the office so I stayed late that night to get everything finished up, just in case they were true labor pains. They were- I had my daughter the following day. So I literally worked until I went into labor and then got to spend 12 glorious weeks at home with my new baby girl. I have a very flexible office job, though, which helped a ton.
rainysundays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #57
chapmanrl6
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was induced with ODD and I worked until 2 days before I was induced. With YDD, I went to 41 weeks, 3 days and I worked until 41 weeks.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:01 AM   #58
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

I wanted to work until the babies were born, but I was put on bedrest at 32 weeks. It sucks sitting at home waiting and feeling like you're losing your maternity leave, but it has to be better than working working working and going into early labor and spending that same time in the NICU. That is what someone said to me and it made me feel better about the 5 weeks I spent sitting around at home.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:15 PM   #59
zosca
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I worked until 40 weeks for my first and 39 weeks for the second baby. I tend to deliver later than my due date so for both pregnancies I had a good 2 weeks at home to feel depressed I was not going into labor... I think it keeps you busy to work until the end :-)
zosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #60
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worked until the day before.
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote