Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-10-2012, 02:01 AM   #61
jenncatsmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How close to due date did you keep working?

DD--due 6/17, born 6/11, worked to 6/10 (last day of school...she had good timing).
DS1--due 7/25, born 7/14, worked to mid-june (whenever the last day of school was).
DS2--due 1/12, born 1/15 (sunday morning), worked to 1/13 (Friday...one day past my due date.)

I'm a music teacher.

Advertisement

5% off at My HyenaCart with code: DS Momma
jenncatsmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 AM   #62
amandajiggles
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DD1 I worked until July 29th. Was due Aug 25th. We were expecting a much earlier delivery as I was dealing with my local midwives & a regional hospital. They (regional) were insisting an emergency c-section at 37 weeks or "the baby will die because she's going to be 13 + lbs. I left work earlier to accommodate a possible emergency so I wouldn't have anything left undone before being off for a year. After the baby will die comment I fired the regional OB's and stuck with the midwives. DD was born via c-section due to PROM after my induction and failure to engage/progress. She was 9 lbs over a month after the OB comments.

THIS time.. I'm hoping to go into labour on my own. I do not want anyone around causing me stress so no house guests this go...and I want to stay home as long as possible. Still trying to convince DH of a homebirth. I'm thinking I will stay until maybe a week or two before my DD so I can get my house clean and prepare some meals to freeze.

Last edited by amandajiggles; 03-10-2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: **extra stuff removed
amandajiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #63
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Due aug 19, worked til aug 19, was born aug 26:-)
Old 03-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #64
Bost Baby
Registered Users
seller

I worked up until the day my water broke. Luckily that was a holiday or I would have been at work. That would have been pretty awkward! I think do what ever feels best for you, just warn your patients that you have to cancel if you go early.
Bost Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #65
oddduck
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first I worked until 36 weeks, used some vacation up and started maternity leave 2 weeks before she arrived. She was born at 39+5 and was 5lbs 9oz.

With my second I worked until 38 weeks (Friday) and my baby was born 38+3 (Monday). She was 8lbs 5oz.

My job can be physically demanding at times. I work as an IT person for a number of schools and work alone. I am often moving, heavy equipment (photocopiers, 21" CRT monitors) and crawling under desks or up ladders. Near the end of both pregnancies I've asked for help where appropriate (eg lifting things over 50lbs).

Since we can have up to a year off partially paid, people were surprised I was working so late -- especially since I was only taking 6 months off.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:45 PM   #66
Kate+3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wanted to work up until June 1, im due June 10, but I started having complications and since im a nurse on my feet all day I was put on Disability at 16 weeks! Im so board and wish I was still working!
Kate+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #67
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had to work until almost my due date because I would not have qualified for FMLA until 6 days before I was due. DD was actually induced (DH had Army Reserves and they wouldn't let him stay home unless I was in labor, my OB said I would have DD that weekend, but I wasn't in labor yet....so we opted to induce to keep DH from driving 2 hours in panic mode to come home). The induction was kind of a last minute thing that we decided at my appointment, so I actually worked until the day before they induced me.
mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:13 PM   #68
Huxley
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still working, my due date is March 23rd. I want to work right until I have the baby or until my due date, whichever comes first. I love my job and it is at a desk, so I really see no reason to leave early.
Huxley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #69
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

I worked until mine were born, but they were both super early so I wasn't expecting them that early. I think most are pretty close to their due dates though.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:51 AM   #70
artangelsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I too worked up until my older child was born..worked on Friday, baby was born on Sunday.
With the second recently, I worked up until the week of my due date...I wasn't feeling as well with this pregnancy and was induced on a Tuesday, worked part-time a couple days then stayed home a couple but I also had better time off at this job. Still, as long as I felt good and all was well with the baby, work was a great distraction from waiting...!
artangelsp is offline   Reply With Quote