Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
winter wonders jan 11 chat

Good morning mamas! Nothing here but scatic pain but Soooo excited to see a birth on the board this morning already!! Check out Jan 10th chat congrats mama!

Hoping some more babies came (Ladyb or doulainak?).

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay! You know how they say pregnancy is contagious.....I wish labor was too lol

Last night at the store the cashier goes "so how much longer do you have?" and without hesitation I go "5 more months" totally serious right. Dh goes "don't listen to her any day now " lmao. Way to ruin the only fun I've had in weeks!! I told him in the truck at least one person would ask. And then I felt bad be she goes "aw okay. Man everyone is pregnant that I know" and she was naturally bigger then me :/. But I told her while we were trying I knew 17 pregnant people and the way to get pregnant is to hang around other pregnant women.

The rl tea is horrible. No joke. In glad that in this middle of nowhere town there was a store that actually had it! I add milk and honey to it and then chug it the best I can holding my breath. I hate all teas. No joke. I really want this baby out. But if he could either do it today or wait till Friday I'd really like it. Tomorrow is dh grandma's bday on his mom said and his grandpa's bday on his dad side. So I'd rather him not hear about how his bday is the same as theirs. You know how old ppl are. Lol
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls

Last edited by Lady_B; 01-11-2012 at 03:59 AM.
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:
Re: winter wonders jan 11 chat

Wow, lots of ladies on early morning chat today. Hope to see some babies too today!

It is a school day for us- early childhood family ed, so looking forward to going to that since there isn't anything exciting going on here laborwise. I am thinking of maybe making a jello cake too- we'll see how much energy I have when I get home.

Yesterday was so nice here- in the 50's. I actually mustered up the energy to take DD to the park and she was so happy to be out. I was too, and met a mom who lives 2 blocks from me with a boy the same age as DD.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ladyb- that's too funny about the cashier

Hands- what's jello cake? Never heard of that but sounds yummy

I'm feeling sooooo nauseous. Thought it was the milk but dh says no. Pretty please be labor related :fx:
Old 01-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lady B, That's too funny! Too bad DH didn't just go with it! LOL!

Erin, I really hope that's a sign labor is right around the corner(as in TODAY) for you!! I can imagine how anxious you must be feeling!

Getting ready for my OB appt. this morning, I think he will be checking my cervix, hopefully these contractions are doing a little something for me down that way! After that, DH and I are going to walk around Walmart for a while, and do some food shopping while we are there. That's about it for our day, really. It's getting ready to snow, yuck!

Anyone elses appetite getting even bigger?! I'm wondering just how much I put on in this past week, lol! I feel hungry and thirsty constantly lately, I'm actually enjoying it, oddly enough!

Last edited by Mama_Destiny; 01-11-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
upstategirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jello cake is so good. It's white or yellow cake then after it's done you poke holes in it and pour liquid jello on it and put in fridge. I serve it with whip cream on top. I need to try using geletin and juice, as try to stay away from as much dye as possiable. So, this is the longest I have been pregnant. It's getting to the point I just want this baby out. I'm not overdue but, just tired of getting worried about things. Is it fluid or urine, or cm leaking out and is he moving enough. He's been very active at night. He has been active in the morning and night but, not this much. Monday night was very active. THen last night not as much. Then this morning same thing. For the past week I have felt him move early in the morning but, not today. So, I drank some juice with water. He has moved some, since getting something in my belly. I read some different things. Some say they move less before labor and some say no. What about the ten movements in an hour? I have never had that. Well Monday night I think I did. So, I just want him out and healthy.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #7
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Erin: I think of you when I log in every morning. I keep hoping to see your birth story I know it is normal to goto 42 weeks, that that is still considered term, but I bet the days go by a lot slower. I was 3 days past my edd with DD and those 3 days went so SLOW

Destiny: I am hungry a lot lately too! I was where I could barely finish a small mean, now I can eat an entire meal and want seconds. Maybe because baby has dropped so our stomachs are back to normalish and we are feeling more hungry? I don't know, kind of annoying though. I don't need to gain any extra weight, I have more than enough of that already :/

It is getting super uncomfortable to walk or stand. Lots of pressure and like sharp pains down there. Assuming my cervix? I dunno. But in a way I really don't feel like I am due in 5 days!

Poor DD has been crying daddy all day She normally does good during the day with him gone, but some days she really seems to miss him. When those days come (like today) we normally try to meet him for his lunch break. But today he went to the city with his boss and I have no clue when he will be back so probably can't meet him today.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37 AM   #8
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Destiny I am a raging hungry beast lately also. I have been drinking so much water also that I get tired of it and have to search for other decaf drinks. I thought I was the only one. I don't ever remember having this with pp's.

Shannon I am getting pressure also. I don't even like sitting on my birthing ball. Booo! The weird thing is though, I am sad that this pg is coming to an end. I am super excited to finally meet the baby and see what she looks like and cuddle her but I kinda don't want the pg to be over. I love feeling her move and knowing that (to quote Lucinda's avatar) "I'm so crafty, I make people."

I have an ob appt today also. I will update how things are progressing (although I am not holding my breath - I will take being the dame place as last week).

I went to BRU yesterday and got a lot of last minute things I needed. Two items I grabbed had been used and returned. I was so mad that I got all the way home before realizing it. Grrr! BRU is not close to us. I have to actually make a trip to get there.

Last edited by cheetah mommy; 01-11-2012 at 08:38 AM.
cheetah mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
treegirl75
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hi ladies! I haven't posted in a while - we've been busy getting settled in TN, but I've been keeping up with everybody.

Just wanted to update that my water broke this morning, and I'll be meeting my sweet baby girl at 11:30 this morning! (I'm 38w 3d, due 1/23) Wish us luck!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #10
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh yea Beth!!!! Elv to you and can't wait to meet your Lo!!!

Thanks ladies for the hugs . It's very slow here... Longest 2 weeks of my life I think.