Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:28 AM   #11
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: winter wonders jan 11 chat

I've been extra hungry lately too. Have my photo session this morning, woohoo! Hope I get a few good shots.

I've decided I'll be pg till my due date (9 days away!) and that's okay. I just hope I don't go too late. .. that would make me crazy. I'll just try for my due date. LOL.

Erin-- hope you're next!

Beth--ELVs! Can't wait to hear the story!

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #12
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congrats Beth! Another one, woohoo!

AFM- uh, nothing happening here. going to go see my grandpa, and hoping chasing the kids around the old people's home will help things along. probably not though- if anything was going to do it i would think it was that trip to the mall the other day. we're hitting the mall again thursday i think. it's the only place i'm motivated to walk at. i have a mw appt today, and i decided if she asks to check me i'm going to tell her no. i don't want to know that there's nothing going on in there, lol. i don't think she would offer anyway. i quit trying to check myself because it was depressing not even being able to reach my cervix- LOL. what sucks is dh wants me to go as late as possible! wth? we have to move by march 1st, and i don't want to do that with a baby a couple weeks old! also i'm packing on tons of weight and another three weeks would probably make at least another 3-5 lbs at this rate . he would be doing all the work cause there's no way i'm packing the house up right after i have a baby. i feel like he's jinxed me though . hehehe. i'm making his life miserable with my crabbiness so i'm not really sure why he would want to wait much longer for this baby .

shoot i can't remember who it was up there talking about baby moving less, but mine has been too. i wake up in the am trying to remember if i felt her moving the night before, but she always gets going eventually. i think she just doesn't have as much room in there.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Hi everyone,
I have my dr appt at 10:15 this morning and I am feeling very nervous. I am still having contractions but they are tolerable, I do still also feel very nauseated, I hope my appt goes good and I find out my c/s date, I will be 38 weeks on sunday so this is crazy even though I don't think I will make it to 39 weeks, that is what I am aiming for.
I am not ready to have this baby, I am nervous about the upcoming birth, the recovery, adjusting to the new baby with my kids, I am so happy dh is taking 3 weeks off work but I am still feeling uneasy about it all. I hope I gained some weight this time. wish me luck, I will update after my appt, it is 9:30am right now so I need to go get dressed and out the door soon.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 10:51 AM   #14
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
Hi everyone,
I have my dr appt at 10:15 this morning and I am feeling very nervous. I am still having contractions but they are tolerable, I do still also feel very nauseated, I hope my appt goes good and I find out my c/s date, I will be 38 weeks on sunday so this is crazy even though I don't think I will make it to 39 weeks, that is what I am aiming for.
I am not ready to have this baby, I am nervous about the upcoming birth, the recovery, adjusting to the new baby with my kids, I am so happy dh is taking 3 weeks off work but I am still feeling uneasy about it all. I hope I gained some weight this time. wish me luck, I will update after my appt, it is 9:30am right now so I need to go get dressed and out the door soon.
Good luck! What's your hospital policy on what happens with you and baby after?
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
Erin: I think of you when I log in every morning. I keep hoping to see your birth story I know it is normal to goto 42 weeks, that that is still considered term, but I bet the days go by a lot slower. I was 3 days past my edd with DD and those 3 days went so SLOW

Destiny: I am hungry a lot lately too! I was where I could barely finish a small mean, now I can eat an entire meal and want seconds. Maybe because baby has dropped so our stomachs are back to normalish and we are feeling more hungry? I don't know, kind of annoying though. I don't need to gain any extra weight, I have more than enough of that already :/

It is getting super uncomfortable to walk or stand. Lots of pressure and like sharp pains down there. Assuming my cervix? I dunno. But in a way I really don't feel like I am due in 5 days!

Poor DD has been crying daddy all day She normally does good during the day with him gone, but some days she really seems to miss him. When those days come (like today) we normally try to meet him for his lunch break. But today he went to the city with his boss and I have no clue when he will be back so probably can't meet him today.

yes to all of the above, I am hungry all the time now that the baby is lower and I am very uncomfortable down low now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegirl75 View Post
Hi ladies! I haven't posted in a while - we've been busy getting settled in TN, but I've been keeping up with everybody.

Just wanted to update that my water broke this morning, and I'll be meeting my sweet baby girl at 11:30 this morning! (I'm 38w 3d, due 1/23) Wish us luck!

Sent from my iPhone that has a mind of its own
can't wait to hear how things go, good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
Hi everyone,
Hope your appt went smoothly.

Lady B - that is hilarious! my Dh would totally go along with something like that, he loves to mess with people.

Yay for babies today, so exciting!

Erin - hoping your baby makes their appearance soon, you sound much more sane than I think I would be. DD2 was 2 days late, and I thought I was gonna go crazy.

-----------------------
Had my mw appt today, everything looks good, I am measuring a bit small but the baby is sooooo low, I think that is all it is. If I am smaller next week they will order a u/s. I had to repeat my GBS test b/c TMI warning I had a yeast infection last week and they said the medication for that could have given them a false negative, so I had to do it again. No big deal but oh the fun.

Now I am getting ready to take the girls and get the car seats inspected.

Finally finished baby's homecoming set last night! pics are coming.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[IMG][/IMG]

I have a few different tees to go under, one more boy and one girly and then we have to use this sweater, hat, mitts set that DH's gma knit and all the babies come home in ( I know it is girly, it killed me to put it on poor DS when he was born but it is a tradition and I give
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh goodness Kelly those are so cute!

Sally GL with everything. Hope it goes well.

Beth Yay for another baby! So exciting.

-------

I just got back from the dr. I am dilated to 3cm and 60% effaced. I forgot to ask if she was positioned lower. It seems like it to me. I was so happy that this exam did not bother me (not like it was pleasant but I was not in pain). Last week I got nervous that there was no way I could go natural if the exam bothered me that much but this week gave me confidence. I am so excited!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
Mama_Destiny
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitter View Post
[IMG][/IMG]

I have a few different tees to go under, one more boy and one girly and then we have to use this sweater, hat, mitts set that DH's gma knit and all the babies come home in ( I know it is girly, it killed me to put it on poor DS when he was born but it is a tradition and I give
[IMG][/IMG]

Those are precious! I love them!

Got back from my dr. appt. I knew I probably gained, but didn't think I would be up THREE lbs in a week! This sudden love for food is no joke!
I had him check my cervix, nothing going on down there, he said about 1cm at the opening, but completely closed deeper(?), and 50% effaced. He said obviously if that doesn't change, we can't induce on the 26th. So, looks like DH will be getting sex for once, lol! Last pregnancy I didn't start dilating until 38wks, so he's not too worried about it, I'm not either, really. I'm only 37wks, so I've got time.

I picked up another 4 Lil Joey's today, and a couple Apple Cheeks pockets to try. I.MUST.STOP.BUYING.DIAPERS!
Mama_Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #19
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Kelly-- Lovely wool! I am always so jealous of your knitting! I've given up on getting any more done, although I have such trouble sleeping I should just stop laying in bed for hours and start knitting instead!

Destiny--about time you gained some weight! I'm right there with you on the appetite though!

Just got done with maternity photo shoot. Phew. . .ds was not super cooperative. The photog came to the house, but DH couldn't stay home to help, so I was trying to keep ds happy/busy while I had photos and then get some with him in them too. He had a meltdown towards the end there. . .does not make me feel super confident about having him around for the HB. He just hates it when I am not paying full attention to him and when strangers are in the house.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #20
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks girls!

Maria - you will do fine with the birth, just relax it will be fine.

Destiny - yay for some progression, I am sure things will pick up as you get closer.

Lucinda - Glad to hear that photo shoot went relatively well, maybe you will have your baby at night and your DS can sleep through it ... just some wishful thinking
I don't think I could have my kids near me, when I am in labor b/c they would want to help and check on me ( so sweet) but all I like is to be left alone

-------------
I got all the car seats checked and even though it was during Leah's normal nap time, she and Grace were really well behaved, it was actually easy and I had been dreading it.