Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2012, 02:05 PM   #21
abbi_n_nadia
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Just had my midwife appointment, everything looks good still. She said baby is still high and she thinks I have about 2 weeks to go! I am happy to hear that because I want to go as long as possible so my cervix has plenty of time to get ready before actual labor starts! I am praying for a short labor this time! It would be awesome to be 4+ cm before labor even starts!! I won't know that tho cause this MW dosnt do vaginal exams (which I am not disappointed about, I hate vaginal exams! Lol). Anyways I think we are ready as far as supplies and baby things go. I layered our bed this morning with a waterproof sheet, then mattress pad, then reg sheet, then waterproof tablecloth and a reg sheet ontop of that. The MW gave me a funny look like thats unnneccesary but I think it works out well that way...this is how I did it last time and it was nice cause after the birth the MW pulled off the top layer and there's the nice clean bed all ready to go! And there's still a waterproof layer under there for postpartum. Much quicker than having to pull everything off and then make the bed back up.

I washed up most of the baby clothes and the cradle bedding last night and got it all put away this morning. So I think everything is ready! I can't think of anything else that needs to be done except hang out, keep the house clean and wait for this little one! Feels so nice to be ready! And also feels nice that we still have time in case something else comes up that's needs to be done or bought.

Oh yeah one little detail I forgot to mention...MW suggested I go to the dentist before the baby comes. I'm so afraid of the dentist! Lol Dh and I were just talking about this a few days ago tho cause I know I NEED to go in. It's been years since I've been to the dentist. My gums bleed really easily so thats why she suggested I go cause it maybe more than just pregnancy related. Guess I'll be making myself an appointment...booo

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
kismetbaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: winter wonders jan 11 chat

Abbi--I do the layered bed thing too. Worked really well last time, although I think I'll wait till labor starts to do it. Def. see the dentist! The one time I went years without seeing one I wound up with a root canal Way worse than just going in for regular cleanings. And it's important during pg. ..something about the bacteria in the mouth being extra bad during pg. . .
Old 01-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
Lady_B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Def go to the dentist. First pregnancy I ended up with 2 rootcanals. This time he said he was surprised how nice my gums were. But I thinks it's because now I take extra vitamin d to help what he baby takes. And insurances cover two trips and tricare covers a cleaning for each trimester
Owner and designer of Butterfly Elephants, waldorf style dolls
Lady_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:46 PM   #24
leeuhhh
Registered Users

My Mood:

yes, go to the dentist! i had four cavities pop up between my first and third trimesters- dentist said stuff is more likely to happen during pg for some reason. had to get them all fixed, but at least now i don't have to worry about it post partum. my gums bleed easily, but dentist said for me everything was ok and it was prob from the increased blood volume? i still have to get a wisdom tooth pulled sometime after this babe is born- that i am NOT looking forward to!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:52 PM   #25
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sending labor vibes to many of you!

I cannot believe how warm the weather is!! I was hoping for some snow days to occur during my leave, to stretch it out. It's been 50 - mid 60's. So I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm supposed to call the business office bi-weekly and give them a medical report on how things are going?!?!? I don't want to call because I have no idea what I'm supposed to say. I've never had to do this before. I mean do I just call and say "Hey, I had a baby, I'm tired." What the heck else am I supposed to say? I don't really think it's their business. Plus they want a document saying I can go back to work when the time comes??? I seriously think someone checked the wrong boxes.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #26
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

I am home, here is a C&P from my fb~
I am dilated to 1 now so not much happening with all these contractions, blah!

I went to the grocery store after my appt, I didn't even see the dr today like I was supposed to, no idea why since she was there..it ticks me off, I do like the nurse but I haven't really seen the dr much at all this whole pregnancy, my next appt is next Wednesday at 10:15am which was also a bit of a fight as the front desk girl wanted to schedule me for 11:15, I said can't do it, my preschooler gets out at 11:20, so she said we can do afternoon, I said, well if it won't take long that might work, my older kids get out at 2 and you all are closed from 12-1, so if they're fast it can work, if not then I can't do that time. She then tells me, well then what time do you want to come in? I said early, she said well the dr comes in about 10:15 and you need to see her, I said well then schedule me for 10:15 and make sure she shows up, I can't come in any later, this appt needs to accommodate me as well not just the office and dr here. So, she put me down for 10:15, I doubt I will make it to that appt but still, I am irritated with the dr for not even calling the hospital back Monday even though my nurse paged her many times. I lost 1# because like I told the nurse, I am afraid to eat, I don't want to be left in labor if my water breaks because I ate something, she told me not to worry and just eat as I need to. My fundal height is 36w so I am 1 week behind now instead of 2 and my u/s I had last week, came back just fine, baby is growing great and she confirmed the 6#3oz that the baby weighs like I saw on the screen..lol Oh and the kicker, the stupid scheduling lady scheduled my c/s for 1/31, two days AFTER my due date, what an idiot! The nurse told me not to even worry because with all the contractions I am having there is no way I will even make it much longer. I predict this baby will be here by the weekend.
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #27
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So since I have been home I have been having mild ctx and my back has been hurting too. I lost some mucus plug which was kinda strange - it has never happened before. I am excited that my body is showing signs that the end of the pg is near. I am not getting my hopes up that I will go before my edd though. If it happens great... if not it's nothing new to me.

Sally, I'll have a weekend baby with you! Hah! Since you do everything on the same day as me I predict you will have your baby in the morning and I will have mine in the afternoon/evening of the same day. What do you think?!

Erin, I will wait in line behind you though. You deserve to go first! Praying for you!

Jackie, how are you supposed to give them a medical report. That is absurd! I would ignore it. If they really NEED info from you they will call and ask for it.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:57 PM   #28
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_B View Post
Good luck! What's your hospital policy on what happens with you and baby after?
I am not sure, I need to call and ask them but not sure who I call or who I am supposed to ask for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah mommy View Post
So since I have been home I have been having mild ctx and my back has been hurting too. I lost some mucus plug which was kinda strange - it has never happened before. I am excited that my body is showing signs that the end of the pg is near. I am not getting my hopes up that I will go before my edd though. If it happens great... if not it's nothing new to me.

Sally, I'll have a weekend baby with you! Hah! Since you do everything on the same day as me I predict you will have your baby in the morning and I will have mine in the afternoon/evening of the same day. What do you think?!

Erin, I will wait in line behind you though. You deserve to go first! Praying for you!

Jackie, how are you supposed to give them a medical report. That is absurd! I would ignore it. If they really NEED info from you they will call and ask for it.
Sounds like a plan to me
Old 01-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #29
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Please tell me I will get more patience with DD once this kid is born
Old 01-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #30
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by javabarnes View Post
Please tell me I will get more patience with DD once this kid is born
I think it is the end of pregnancy hormones that are making us all very snappy, my kids are feeling it too, I hope things calm down after the baby arrives.