Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #21
mom24munchkins
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: How do you spend without dh freaking?

I had to really watch it when I was buying dipes for my last ds..but the wonderfulness of cloth means that really I have no upfront cost this time around. Besides the newborn stage I need nothing. I can sell/trade if I want to trying out new things but its really totally saving other than the 100 to 150 i'm spending on nb stuff. Which means I get to buy wool

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #22
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

yes this! Dp is gonna kill me when on Saturday he realizes our play date is also a diaper purchase lol (like new 9bg 4.0s & 2 gms for 50$ in Canada). (I am spending some of the Christmas money my mom gave us..& really the pockets are for HIM so it shouldn't be a problem, right? right?). He hates me spending on cds and such but has no problem shelling out the cash constantly for sposies?
Old 01-12-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Jewelgurl137
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde
yes this! Dp is gonna kill me when on Saturday he realizes our play date is also a diaper purchase lol (like new 9bg 4.0s & 2 gms for 50$ in Canada). (I am spending some of the Christmas money my mom gave us..& really the pockets are for HIM so it shouldn't be a problem, right? right?). He hates me spending on cds and such but has no problem shelling out the cash constantly for sposies?
Lol. You justify it like I do. Sadly I'm waiting for some stuff but am under Dr.s orders for no lifting and etc. Dh will have to get them for me or I'll have to ask my sister to. Hmm....I think I'll ask my sister since dh only knows about a few of the items.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
crunch!910
Registered Users

He usually doesn't say much unless he knows we don't need it. Now that we have plenty for a NB stash (24yellow edge prefolds, 10 covers, 12 flats, 9 AIO NB), we've agreed no more. Boo

ETA: I'm usually in charge of budget, paying bills, etc.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #25
mom24munchkins
Registered Users
seller
seller

$50 is a GREAT price for all that! Even my dh would be all for that purchase!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:17 AM   #26
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24munchkins View Post
$50 is a GREAT price for all that! Even my dh would be all for that purchase!
except that I didn't really ask her enough about them/see them first..I hate the artist series and they are all velcro..is it terrible to sell them to fund some other diapers?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:04 PM   #27
mom24munchkins
Registered Users
seller
seller

No way!! I have a friend who picked up a ton of diapers at a local store and sold them to fund other diapers. Actually she sold half and recouped all her money and gained like 12 free bg pockets. I see nothing wrong with it!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #28
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

not bad at all!!! i totally could see this being MEANT to be...and in my eyes as long as the other mom felt ok with selling them to you at that price...then once they are yours you can do whatever with them..keep/sell/trade..whatever...and you can name your own price...
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:47 PM   #29
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

ugh turns out they aren't in the greatest condition which is funny as she is intense about cd-ing..I KNOW she bought them all new and they were used in an absolutely gigantic stash but they are all stained and dingy by the looks of it. I am going to do the best I can with our winter sun & see how they turn out - I really only like the plain ones - the outsides look great, the inside not so much - I guess I was lucky, nothing ever really stained bad for me so this is a shock.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #30
Melaine
Registered Users
seller

The way I spend without DH freaking is by selling stuff on craigslist to make the money. Now, I'm not saying I don't ever buy stuff with our other money, but it does help if I am spending money on "fun stuff" (tripp trapp, learning tower, un-needed clothing for the kids) that I don't dip into our savings to do it. Also, DH has become more understanding of my shopping habits because he knows I am good at re-selling stuff. I have sold hundreds of items on craigslist, many for more than I paid for them.

Totally new to cloth, so any advice and info is much appreciated!
Melaine is offline   Reply With Quote