Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Is anyone going to Babywear?

Originally Posted by firststella View Post
IMO a moby is too hot for summertime - at least for california. a Sleepy wrap would be lighter and better for summer. Or try a sling.
I don't have any experience with the ergo for a newborn. The Manduca is great for a newborn (mine was a little over 8lb and she was comfy in it)
Originally Posted by SqueakersMama View Post
Every Moby I have used or helped a friend use has been much thinner material than my Sleepy Wrap so that is interesting to me. I wonder if I just have one made with exceptionally thick material. Moby wraps are not nearly supportive enough imo and lose their tension much too quickly. Either way I guess I am not much of a fan of the stretchy wraps past about 12-15 lbs. I haven't tried the Ergo for a newborn either, but one of my neighbors used it with the infant insert for her youngest and really liked it. Usually dh is the one that uses sscs - I prefer the wraps myself!
I thought SleepyWraps were supposed to be hotter, too.

I have a Moby that I am going to use with our next baby. I used a Hotsling with my first child to hip carry and she LOVED it. My second never fit quite as well, I'm not sure why. I have a Beco Butterfly II with infant insert that I've used to back carry my second. Can't wait to try it with the new one, too! But for everyday use I think I would want something that gives more. I might try a ring sling.

Wife to Philip (01-05-07), SAHM to Eden (12-07-07), Levi (03-16-10), and Anna (07-18-12)
edens_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
With DD I got a sling around 6 months and loved it. I still have the beco and ergo to use, but need something that I can hold two babies in when they are little. I was hoping I could find a good lightweight wrap to wear. I probably wouldn't use it for walks outside, but I think it would be a good option for grocery shopping.

If you have any suggestions for things that work well with twins, I would love to hear it!
~Diane DH 6YO DD and twin girls Valor & Lily 6-29-12

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:
You can also talk with paxbaby Jillian or kristie on different types..they are experts imo.
My name is Amanda, happily married to Ernesto I'm a former HS teacher turned SAHM to Jake 6.7.10 and Norah 7.23.12

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
My Mood:
I have a moby, a Maya ring sling, a baby hawk (which I still use for ds) and a beco gemini. The gemini is more for DH though cuz once I lost my baby weight with ds I couldn't get a good fit on it.
WAHM PAGE-SEW WAHM PAGE-KNIT HyenaCart Etsy Facebook Ravelry
Daughter of the king, wife to my best friend Karl , Mama to Annabelle Aka Boo (6) and my sweet lil man Carson (2) and Gracie!
RoccerMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #15
Registered Users

I am an avid babywearer! I love wearing my babies plus its so freeing to have them safe secure and close to me and away from the touching grabby hands of others.

I use mainly woven wraps. With Addy I started wearing her on my back at about 6 weeks in a short wrap so that helps a lot in keeping us both cool. I also use ring slings for quick trips or church service, since it doubles as a nursing cover. I also have a couple ssc's that I use for quick shopping trips/rainy days, again mainly on my back so I have my front free to grab kids and things, so those live in the car.
Melissa<- Mama to my 4 gifts from God-Mr. Z (10), Miss K (7), Miss A (5) and Miss R (2)
Knitting Patterns For Sale and Free Download
I sell Jamberry!!!! Order yours today
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #16
Registered Users
My Mood:

I started with DS with a womb fruit gauze wrap. When he was a little bigger I switched to a zolowear ring sling. From then on to a mei tai. This time I'm looking to get an Ellevill wrap as well just because they are woven, so won't stretch like the womb fruit. That and the fact they are gorgeous and I can't resist!!!
SashaE80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
Registered Users

I love babywearing! I have a Maya ring sling that will be great for our hot nasty TX summer, a moby, a KTan, and a Pikkolo. I will use the wraps, ring for the nb-early infant stage then my Pikkolo. I love love love my Pikkolo. I let a friend use it and I just hope it still looks in great shape! Thats one that cost so much that it hurts to lend I always keep my maya in the car for quick in and out trips! Thinking of looking for a woven wrap.
Wife to DH S , mama to DS1 D 13yr , DS2 B 8yr , DS3 A 3 yr and DS4 L born 7/14/12
mom2threeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #18
Registered Users
My Mood:

I used a Moby for a bit with YDS then i got a BBII when he got to big for the moby. i plan on getting another moby for this LO and then i will use my BBII when they get bigger. i do want to find something less hot then the moby. July in Okinawa Japan is HOT i am talking more humid the HI so i will be looking for something easy and less hot.
Melissa my newbie Paxton Richard. Marine wife to John SAHM to 4 little turkeys
Mamata3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
Registered Users
My Mood:

Yes I will be and already am I use a moby or mei tai carrier.
I like them both, the moby wins hands down for newbies though.
Tara Joyfully serving Yeshua, Happy helpmeet to my dear husband J, Blessed momma to: J - 15, M - 13, D - 10, R - 3, M - 7/31/12 and praying for more!
marliah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #20
Registered Users
DD HATED being worn as an infant, no matter what I tried. When she was about 5 months old I got her to consent to being in a mei tei for short periods of time. Once she was tall enough to see out of the top of an Ergo, she took to that and has loved it since!

For the newbie I have a Moby, K'tan, and infant insert for the Ergo. I hope somethings works and isn't too hot for July, especially as we have no air conditioning. I'm not sure how hot it gets here.

I have back problems, and even the Ergo hurts my back, shoulders, and neck after not too long. Sigh. I don't know if there would be any wrap or carrier truly comfortable for me.
Wife to my supportive DH and WAHM to DD Nora (06/10), DS Emerson (07/12), and baby #5 (due 5/16) and my precious babies in heaven: Bennet (died 8/15 at 12 months) and Lucy (miscarried 7/15).

Last edited by melyndie; 01-11-2012 at 06:19 PM.
melyndie is offline   Reply With Quote