Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 AM   #81
mamaberkhie
Registered Users
Formerly: 3L*****B*****s
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Sept 2012 DDs and Appointments! - Sticky Please!

Hi, I'd like to be added to the list

EDD: 9.28.12
Your Name: Christina
State or Country: New York
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 8 months from my loss in May
What number child is this for you: 4 (one angel)
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Josh, Avah (2), Micah (1)
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I have no idea and will be thrilled either way
Blog, website or the like: www.whossocute.etsy.com

Advertisement

Last edited by mamaberkhie; 01-23-2012 at 11:44 AM.
mamaberkhie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 AM   #82
teenbean31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

EDD: Sept 21, 2012 (I believe)...my first appt is the end of Feb. 2/26th I think?
Your Name: Tina
State or Country: Pennsylvania
How long it took to you to get your BFP: I knew with this one pretty quick. 2 wks after I conceived.
What number child is this for you: #3
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My hubby is Brad who is 38, my dd Alyse who is 4 and will be 5 in May, my ds who is Nate who is 2 and will be 3 in Feb, our golden retriever Trexler who is 10 and our cat Mittens who is about 10 also!
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): As long as he or she is healthy I really don't care.
Birth Plans/Preferences: I had natural births with both kids, but I had a water birth with Nate & hoping to do it again with this babe.
Anything else you'd like to share: So excited & really enjoying this pregnancy as it will likely be my last.

Last edited by teenbean31; 01-22-2012 at 11:49 AM.
teenbean31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:48 AM   #83
teenbean31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sept 2012 DDs and Appointments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnutandmunchkin View Post
February 21. Am I the oldest? Oh well, won't be the first time!!
No, so far I think I'm the oldest. I'll be 40 y/o on March 3rd. I had some mixed reactions about my pregnancy. Not so nice comments. People can be so ignorant. Anyway, we are happy so that's all the matters! Here's to the 35 and over crowd!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:17 AM   #84
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teenbean31

No, so far I think I'm the oldest. I'll be 40 y/o on March 3rd. I had some mixed reactions about my pregnancy. Not so nice comments. People can be so ignorant. Anyway, we are happy so that's all the matters! Here's to the 35 and over crowd!!!!
My mama had my little brother just before her 40th bday, we are 13 years apart....other then strangers calling her grandma and me mommy, I don't remember too many negative thoughts from others. My lb was a great addition to the family as I'm sure your lo will be. Welcome and I wouldn't worry about the others negativity as long as you are happy. :-)
Old 01-23-2012, 01:28 PM   #85
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I had my first appointment changed to today instead of tomorrow. I'm pregnant! lol tehehe.

They changed my DD to 9/21/12 though. Off by all calculations just by a day.

I was told today that since I delivered DS1 at 37w6d and DS2 at 35w5d that I will need to start progesterone shots around 16 weeks. They said I will most likely go earlier than 35w5d if I don't and that is definitely a lot more scary than just 35w5d. So I do need to research on that.

Next appointment is 2/17 for an ultrasound and pap!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #86
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybunsdiapers View Post
My mama had my little brother just before her 40th bday, we are 13 years apart....other then strangers calling her grandma and me mommy, I don't remember too many negative thoughts from others. My lb was a great addition to the family as I'm sure your lo will be. Welcome and I wouldn't worry about the others negativity as long as you are happy. :-)
OH MY WORD... your MOM grandma?!? LOL My YDD asked someone at Costco 2 weeks ago if he was his wife's FATHER... good thing she is 3... LOL. I guess he was nice about it & responded, "No, I'm just old!" LOL We were leaving the cafe area & I looked back to see ODD holding YDD... & YDD lips flapping... she LOVES talking to older people at Costco... she calls them grandma & grandpa! LOL Anyway, I felt so bad when ODD told me that YDD had asked him that ... she also told everybody she could at Costco that SHE is going to be a big sister too ! She had many words to speak that day! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenbean31 View Post
Hey, you are not THAT much older... but if you want the title, we'll let you have it !! LOL

Here, here !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996 View Post
So I had my first appointment changed to today instead of tomorrow. I'm pregnant! lol tehehe.

They changed my DD to 9/21/12 though. Off by all calculations just by a day.

I was told today that since I delivered DS1 at 37w6d and DS2 at 35w5d that I will need to start progesterone shots around 16 weeks. They said I will most likely go earlier than 35w5d if I don't and that is definitely a lot more scary than just 35w5d. So I do need to research on that.

Next appointment is 2/17 for an ultrasound and pap!
YAY that you are pregnant !!

Can you use bioidentical progesterone cream instead?? I HATE shots... do they have any idea WHY they assume you will deliver early again?? I mean, I get the concern, totally, 2 early babies... did they find a cause?? Then on the other hand, they always say every pregnancy is different, yet you will probably deliver early... I don't get when they double talk . I am glad they want to help prolong that & be proactive. Do you use an OB or MW??
Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #87
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

YAY! Glad to "meet you!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenbean31 View Post
Birth Plans/Preferences: I had natural births with both kids, but I had a water birth with Nate & hoping to do it again with this babe.

Anything else you'd like to share: So excited & really enjoying this pregnancy as it will likely be my last.
I had a WB too w/#2 @ home... #3 was planned for a WB @ home, but things changed so I had a land birth @ home instead... hoping & praying for a WB @ home this time too! Was your WB at a hospital??

Famous last words... "...it will likely be my last." After years & years of infertility, and a super, obnoxiously fast, brutal WM at home w/#2, I declared after that I didn't want to go through THAT again ... yet, we are expecting our 2nd baby AFTER that declaration!! LOL

I also said I NEVER wanted to move again... ever... we moved 2xs when I was 8 1/2 mos prego w/#2 & then again when she was 1 mo old... NEVER wanted to move again after we got into our house... guess who moved 2 times in 4 months last year ?!? I have learned for me, I will NEVER say never, or anything will probably be our last... I think God likes to challenge me on that... what a sense of humor He has! LOL
Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #88
fluffybunsdiapers
Registered Users
Formerly: paulzangel
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix

OH MY WORD... your MOM grandma?!? LOL My YDD asked someone at Costco 2 weeks ago if he was his wife's FATHER... good thing she is 3... LOL. I guess he was nice about it & responded, "No, I'm just old!" LOL We were leaving the cafe area & I looked back to see ODD holding YDD... & YDD lips flapping... she LOVES talking to older people at Costco... she calls them grandma & grandpa! LOL Anyway, I felt so bad when ODD told me that YDD had asked him that ... she also told everybody she could at Costco that SHE is going to be a big sister too ! She had many words to speak that day! LOL

Hey, you are not THAT much older... but if you want the title, we'll let you have it !! LOL

Here, here !!

YAY that you are pregnant !!

Can you use bioidentical progesterone cream instead?? I HATE shots... do they have any idea WHY they assume you will deliver early again?? I mean, I get the concern, totally, 2 early babies... did they find a cause?? Then on the other hand, they always say every pregnancy is different, yet you will probably deliver early... I don't get when they double talk . I am glad they want to help prolong that & be proactive. Do you use an OB or MW??
Yep mom wasn't too happy when little old men would call her a grandma...lol I think that's why she doesn't like the term grandma now and goes by nana for dd....and I was just in shock....in no way was I a mom or wanting to be one, SIS was enough at that time lol
Old 01-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #89
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristy_1996 View Post

to give you comfort, you don't HAVE to take the progestrone shots - also make sure they test your progestrone level. There is a new shot that they are trying to give that is the 12coctail shot you have take this weekly and there is only a 35% success rate in carrying past 35/wks. They wanted me to get on this with dd.

ds#1: 37wks 3 days
ds#2: 35wks
ds#3: miscarriage
dd#1: 38wks (full term) -was induced, due to car wreck
( ? ) : 8/wk miscarraige
preggie

Last edited by eragsdale; 01-23-2012 at 02:26 PM.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:47 PM   #90
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had no cause of delivering DS2 so early. It was quite the strange delivery. Just BH contractions but every 3 minutes. Dilated to 1 at check in, dilated to 2 an hour later so they said they would keep me. I wake up at 8 a.m.'ish and the doctor said I was a 5 and in active labor. No pain, nothing. Reached 6.5-7 cm's and stopped contracting...went all day until about 1 p.m....Water broke still nothing....gave me 5 minutes of pitocin and the pain finally started. Pushed him out like 30-45 minutes later. Just a super weird delivery.

I normally see my OB but today I saw the MW. She said that most deliveries go earlier than the last and since I have a history of it, it will most likely be the case. ??

I am seeing my regular OB at my next visit. He delivered both boys and is super with a natural birthing/pregnancy plan so I'll wait to chat with him in depth about it. I will be sure to ask him about the cream. I should have my results from the blood work up soon, I am sure they tested all my levels since I think they left me with an ounce of blood. :-)

I am not at all worried about shots. I spent over a month of both pregnancies giving myself numerous sticks in the leg with a Sub Q pump of Zophran. I definitely want to know more about what progesterone shots DO though and why I would need them, you know? I was super lucky with DS2 and he was perfect at birth. NO issues at all but I don't want to chance it again, for sure. And I was super lucky to have even went into the hospital b/c I seriously thought they were just Braxton Hicks contractions and almost did not go in. Had I not went in, that kiddo would have been born at home for sure..regular gestation, I can handle but premature would be super scary.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote