Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
KLadyBugMama
Registered Users
Formerly: faithfulorangekids
seller
seller

My Mood:
Stains on diapers

Hi!

I have a plethora of cloth diapers and TTCing right now (wish me luck!!!) I tried some of them on a 8 month old who is FF and when she pooped and I was like ok, knowing I did research and washed them but they left a few stains! I have Country Save and at first I made a mistake by doing a hot prewash then I washed them again with cold prewash and hot wash with double cold rinses. I put them out to the sun for the entire day but it didn't seem to come out. I put Baking Soda with next wash, no luck.

only 4 dipes thank goodness (2 GMD prefolds, 1 one size Motherease, and 1 GoodMama I believe)

HELP!

Advertisement

KLadyBugMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 PM   #2
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stains on diapers

I think over time they'll just wash out. Stick with what seems to generally work now that you now what mistake you probably made: Cold prerinse, hot wash with detergent, two rinses. I never found sunning to do much with stains I was working on. I don't understand why it works sometimes and why it doesn't seem to work other times.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
el's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Stains on diapers

I would do a 1/2 hour soak in hot water and 3 or 4 scoops of Oxy (we use the Sun brand) and detergent then wash and rinse. I wouldn't put them in the dryer till the stains are gone. And remember to sun them when they're soaking wet. Stains come out much faster that way. Also, poop from breastmilk doesn't smell or stain as bad as
formula poop so it won't be so bad when it's your baby.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

I also use country save and I love it. I sprinkle a little bit of biokleen oxy clean on the stain and then spray it with bac out to moisten the oxy. Then I let it sit overnight or for a few hours. Then wash and usually they come right out for me. Hope that helps!
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote