Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #1
hunter'smom
Registered Users
seller

I don't understand my positive HPT

HAHA never thought I'd say those words! This morning I took a clear blue HPT and finally got a +. I'm kinda in shock I never thought that would ever happen since it didn't with DS. I would be 7 weeks 1 day today! HOWEVER the line was very faint and it dissappeared after 5 minutes The control line had showed up when I read it so I know I didn't read it early. I wish I had a picture of the + . I never use clear blue...always first response but since I've never had a + (even at 6 weeks with DS after ultrasound and bloodwork confirmation) I figured I should try a different brand.

Anyways I'm wondering why it dissappeard so quickly and if I'm getting my hopes up for nothing. I.m going to try and go to work late and get bloodwork tomorrow but I have to make sure I'm not needed in the morning first. I'm really excited but trying to be realistic too.

Any thoughts on the disappearing +?

Advertisement

hunter'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 AM   #2
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't understand my positive HPT

For a blue dye, I'd say that might be negative if it disappeared pretty quickly or was very faint. Get a test from the dollar store. They are vert accurate and cheap

Good luck!
Old 01-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah, get a pink dye test... Blue dyes suck!
Old 01-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #4
Melmonkey
Creator Of The Pixie Skirtie<br>www.hyenacart.com/Melmonkeyszoo
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I don't understand my positive HPT

never trust a blue dye test...........hit the DT for a test and take it again
Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #5
hunter'smom
Registered Users
seller

I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment. I took a first response test after work but I don't think there was enough urine lol it didn't work. I have a blood test at the dr tomorrow. I'm praying for a + but I Just have a bad feeling.

We weren't ttc but I am so late and I wanted to ttc over a year ago but dh wants to move first. so I was really hoping that this surprise was meant to be. Now all I can think about is that the blood test will be - and ink have to keep waiting. My heart hurts every time I find out someone else is pg. I guess I'll know more tomorrow
hunter'smom is offline   Reply With Quote